The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

The D2C is Welcome to Apocalypsburg

We already saw pics of it. They are all over social media

No Wizard of Oz characters there

Just now, Robert8 said:

Ok thanks, I've seen it, impresive set !

Still super happy about the Wizard of Oz characters in the CMF line :wub:

52 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is it official now?

24 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Is it official now?

Hasn't been officially announced, but has already been leaked pretty thoroughly (to the point where a YouTube channel managed to buy a copy of dubious origin off eBay and make a video review). At this point there's pretty much zero chance of those leaks being false.

47 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Is it official now?

Well yeah, there are a lot of leakd pics over instagram, you tube, facebook, etc...

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Well yeah, there are a lot of leakd pics over instagram, you tube, facebook, etc...

I think it’s safe to say, it’s only official if it’s been announced by Lego or a major retailer releases pics. I’ve seen the leaks everywhere though.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Hasn't been officially announced, but has already been leaked pretty thoroughly (to the point where a YouTube channel managed to buy a copy of dubious origin off eBay and make a video review). At this point there's pretty much zero chance of those leaks being false.

I like how you say “pretty much” as if there’s a tiny bit of doubt :grin:

16 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I think it’s safe to say, it’s only official if it’s been announced by Lego or a major retailer releases pics. I’ve seen the leaks everywhere though.

No it isn't safe to say that actually. You can't deny the physical existence of an upcoming Lego product with myriad evidence across the internet.

What's not official is the RRP and the release date. Otherwise, the set very officially exists whether Lego announces it or not, just like the lineup for the Lego Movie 2 CMF has been very much confirmed.

9 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

No it isn't safe to say that actually. You can't deny the physical existence of an upcoming Lego product with myriad evidence across the internet.

What's not official is the RRP and the release date. Otherwise, the set very officially exists whether Lego announces it or not, just like the lineup for the Lego Movie 2 CMF has been very much confirmed.

I think you’ve misunderstood my post. I haven’t denied the existence of the set. Like I’ve said, I’ve seen the leaks of it everywhere. It’s not official until Lego or another retailer announces it. The set exists but not officially because Lego hasn’t announced it.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a pictorial review of 70481 from The Brothers Brick:

This review just makes me even more hyped for the release of this Godly set, just two more days.

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

This review just makes me even more hyped for the release of this Godly set, just two more days.

It’s a pretty decent review. I’m might even buy it as well :laugh:

Just now, obsidianheart said:

Wonder if they'll do a Rex.

Well, besides that, I'm finding it rather unusual that they didn't go with the usual minifigure form for these costumes that they've been doing for other themes. :shrug_confused:

Nonetheless, a Benny costume would be awesome to see too! :grin:

Just now, obsidianheart said:

In adult sizes?

Presumably most (if not all) manufactured Halloween costumes are made available in all age-appropriate sizes for both kids and adults, right? :shrug_confused:

Here's our first official look (sort of) at a few of the upcoming Apocalypsburg CMFs thanks to a review by @tormentalous of DK's Essential Guide to the sequel:

The Brick Fan - The LEGO Movie 2: The Awesomest, Most Amazing, Most Epic Movie Guide in the Universe Review

44633463990_5c4f91c6f0_z.jpg

Plus, we also have a sorta official look at some of the upcoming "costumed" CMFs, along with a possible spoilery character from the same book review:

Spoiler
The LEGO Movie 2: The Awesomest, Most Amazing, Most Epic Movie Guide in the UniverseThe LEGO Movie 2: The Awesomest, Most Amazing, Most Epic Movie Guide in the Universe

Ok that's a sparkly vampire

I understood that reference :laugh:

Also, costumed characters are weird beings? 

But Panda Guy and Lizard were in the first one in Unikittyland

Those Crazy Cat Lady, Lincoln and Swamp Creature are kind of unnecessary was well.

You could just put their old head and hairpieces on the wastelanders bodies from the sets and that's it

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ok that's a sparkly vampire

I understood that reference :laugh:

The heavy eyebrows makes that even more apparent. :distressed:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Those Crazy Cat Lady, Lincoln and Swamp Creature are kind of unnecessary was well.

You could just put their old head and hairpieces on the wastelanders bodies from the sets and that's it

The movie tie in CMFs aren’t standard CMFs, they’re supposed to contain characters from the movie. This movie seems to have basically two types of characters, wastelandera and Systar system people. So far, I’ve seen people complain about the lack of western, castle, pirate, etc. figs, but the thing is, those types of characters are most likely not in the movie, and this is a tie in series for the movie. Also, you need to remember that when these come out, the first movie will be five years old. A lot of kids who will be buying these won’t have figs from TLM to customize with. AFOLs and TFOLs don’t make up a large part of Lego’s customer base, so of course they’ll have characters like these, since younger children won’t have had a chance to get these characters. Also, they’re redesigned enough. Swamp dude’s torso isn’t similar to anything, Ms Scratching Post’s cat is unique, and Lincon’s interesting.