Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is it just me or does Emmet from CMF have new legs? Not mid ones, but like new hinged legs.

It does look like it but I'm 99.99999999999% sure those are just going to be normal legs

Is that Unikitty leak actually a new print? I feel like that's the basic Unikitty from LM1 or very similar.

If so, that seems kind of lacklustre.

1 hour ago, wooster said:

Regarding the Lego Movie 2 minifig series....is that an 'Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer' fig?  

Wielding an ax like that, I'm pretty sure designers must had had that in mind! :wink:

15 minutes ago, leafan said:

Is that Unikitty leak actually a new print? I feel like that's the basic Unikitty from LM1 or very similar.

...especially after just receiving an entire series of the many faces of Unikitty and friends. :hmpf:

Not really feeling most of this CMF. The Wizard of Oz figures are great looking, but it's not a theme that I particularly care about. Very similar variations of common figures, I'm pretty tired of costumes at this point, and the band's aesthetic was already done better with N-pop girl. Hooded Lucy and Lincoln are some of the best looking figures in the post-apocalyptic side of the theme, but you can only have so many characters in black and brown leather before it starts to lose its novelty. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

So this is what Sweet Mayhem's hairpiece and helmet look like on minifigs :head_back:

Nice! I really appreciate your choice of figure for trying out the helmet. :thumbup: :sweet:

5 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

TLM2's instagram revealed what looks like a new DCEU Aquaman 

As I'd done over on the other topic... :wink:

Oh man, I've been waiting for them to drop more Wizard of Oz figures since the first year of Lego Dimensions! Finally!

Anyone see the giraffe and think it's in honor of Toys R Us?

Someone mentioned the girl band being called the holograms. Is that just a joke or is it really true? Now I can finally have a battle of the bands with Josie and the Pussycats (from series 14) and Jem and the Holograms!
tumblr_lgik6uZhbb1qblu3bo1_500.gif

11 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Thats a 3rd variant for Batman

Wasteland

Xmas jumper

Sparkly 

And one for wasteland Alfred.

Maybe in the 2nd wave. 

Add new tattoo aquaman to the list. 

58 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

Someone mentioned the girl band being called the holograms. Is that just a joke or is it really true? Now I can finally have a battle of the bands with Josie and the Pussycats (from series 14) and Jem and the Holograms!

I just called them that because they had the Jem aesthetic. I doubt they're actually supposed to be Jem and the Holograms (a Hasbro IP). :wink:

8 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I was just thinking to myself whether Lego will do one. If the movie does better than TLBM and the first series sells well then I think it’s likely.

I'm like 99% sure there won't be a second series

From the first series line-up it seems they had to include some fillers like Unikitty which looks as generic as it gets, 3 pop stars and a Benny which almost the same from the one in the sets. And also Wizard of Oz characters

The thing is, most of the new characters are either DUPLO or Minidolls

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is it just me or does Emmet from CMF have new legs? Not mid ones, but like new hinged legs.

Looks like they're bent at the knee? I'm pretty sure that's just artistic license, like how Apocalypsburg Lucy's feet aren't pointing the same direction, but I'm also noticing that the guitarist girl next to Emmet has the same 'bend'.

17 hours ago, x105Black said:

Yeah, Unikitty is kind of a let down as I was expecting all of them to be minifigures.  Should be easy enough to feel and set aside, though.

Is there anything unique & exclusive about Uni Kitty in the series or is it like the others already available?

11 hours ago, leafan said:

Thats what I'm wondering too. Looks generic.

I personally like the CMF line fairly solid line up with some odd choices. Wish the Wizard of Oz characters didn't take up four slots and were in a set instead and that Unikitty is just why. It's not a minifigure, we just had an entire wave and figure series just for Unikitty so her inclusion in the CMF is not needed would of rather seen minidolls in the series maybe if a series two happens we'd see 2-3 minidolls in it. Personal favorites are Abe Lincoln, Watermelon suit, Giraffe suit, swamp monster, and that version of Rex. Speaking of Rex it looks like he reuses the same baby dino from the movie maker set so I wonder if the other TLM2 baby dino is from a polybag, same with sewer babies. 

It's all artistic license in the rendered art, and you can see it all over the place. Feet that don't line up along the same plane; the extreme bend in one of Dorothy's arm and the extension of the other; the tilting of heads; bent knees; etc. The only plausible question is the presence of medium-sized legs. And even then, the Giraffe Guy's legs seem about the same size as the ones for President Business.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I @WhiteFang think  @WhiteFang  we'll  @WhiteFang have  @WhiteFang  to @WhiteFang  wait  @WhiteFang  for  @WhiteFang  the @WhiteFang  review  @WhiteFang to @WhiteFang know @WhiteFang  about  @WhiteFang  the @WhiteFang  legs 

:laugh:

:laugh: :blush: 

Time will tell soon enough if it is going to happen. :wink: 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:37 PM, Vindicare said:

Well, the creators of the movie must’ve had some serious foresight...considering that movie came out in 2014.

I'm not saying president business is or ever was directly based off trump, but they clearly share some common personality traits and it's not unreasonable or "shoehorning" for people to see the parallels between them.

Politics suck, I'm done talking about that. I'm glad Business is back for the sequel though.

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

It's all artistic license in the rendered art, and you can see it all over the place. Feet that don't line up along the same plane; the extreme bend in one of Dorothy's arm and the extension of the other; the tilting of heads; bent knees; etc. The only plausible question is the presence of medium-sized legs. And even then, the Giraffe Guy's legs seem about the same size as the ones for President Business.

That's what I was thinking.  As far as the Giraffe, I think the dual molding and artistic license (bending of limbs) creates an illusion.  Besides, if anything I'd expect him to have longer legs, but that's clearly not the case.

Either way, so excited for this series, and happy to have already seen these minifigures.  I can now create a game plan for feeling the bags.

7 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I haven’t seen you in ages! Welcome back man. I was talking to @Penkid11 about this, I thought the Giraffe had medium legs but it’s an illusion. Penkid11 pointed out as I’ve noticed with previous series, that the picture just a digital render and they alter the legs etc., I’m not explaining this very well...

70825 has A LOT of extra parts, at least if you choose the five builds that I did:

46355518072_e11137b411_z.jpg

The set also comes with a neat poster, haven't seen one of those in a while:

45682995454_17b2ba9fb9_z.jpg

46355517462_a0b2992dcc_z.jpg

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

70825 has A LOT of extra parts, at least if you choose the five builds that I did:

I like that set a lot, goes back to the old days of LEGO "Basic" with the eyes and mouths, but in a more modern refreshing way and at an interesting color range and facial expressions.

Edited by TeriXeri