Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Just now, Robert8 said:

That has to be Lucy

We saw her with that hairpiece in the second trailer

Also, it would be way too confusing to have another character with same hairpiece

Now that you mentioned that, I'm re-watching the trailer where she tells the big girl (is that Mayhem?) that she's her worst nightmare, and she looks like she has blue hair under that hood, instead of the blue streak on black.

I know somebody already mentioned about new releases in May, but after having looked at the leak from a Polish(?) Youtuber, Google translated this for me:

"the new series available in May will surely surprise you" (translated from: "nowa seria dostepna juz w maju na pewno cie zaskoczy").

That wording is given in the silhouette of a Minifigure, so does that mean that a second series of the Lego Movie 2 minifigures is coming, or just new sets?

32 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Also, it would be way too confusing to have another character with same hairpiece

It's at least nice they use the hairpiece in unprinted colors in other sets/themes as well, because it's a great design.

twn338.jpgelf032.jpgcol314.jpgtwn233.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Collectively, I find this to be a rather strange series the more I look at it, as its variety seems rather limited compared to previous CMSs. If anything, many of its individual offerings seem to fall into only a few distinct subgroups, those being the Apocalypseburg subgroup (6 figures), the Wizard of Oz subgroup (4 figures), the "costumed" subgroup (3 Figures), and "Wyldstyle and the Holograms" subgroup (4 figures) with a few extra outliers. :shrug_confused:

But hey, putting that aside, I do see some potential Series 19 part reusage/recolors for some of the new headgear/accessory pieces introduced in this CMS. Particularly, upon seeing clearer pics, I see that Abe is indeed donning a new hat/hair mold that this time comes with molded googles. Why they just couldn't print them onto the preexisting mold from earlier, I don't know, but I smell a Steampunk Cosplayer CMF in the near future! Also, Rex's new hat/hair mold would work great recolored for an Adventurer CMF archetype of some kind; plus, Lord Business's new golf club just has to be used for a proper Golfer CMF here soon! :grin:

8 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Are we really in this need of costumed characters as to take three slots in a non-related series?

NO, especially after having Series 18 dump a boatload upon us this year giving us nothing else. Can't they give such pointless filler at least a little break? :ugh:

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Four spots dedicated to the brightly coloured girl band and three to costume characters? That's crazy!

Agreed. :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

My personal favorite aspect so far is Sweet Mayhem's hairpiece, that shiny printing is very unique, can't recall anything like it in LEGO form (they even thought to include a clear 1x1 round brick for holding the helmet): 

Hey, could you try her helmet on a minifigure and tell us how it worked out? Thanks! :classic:

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

But, Dorothy, Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man are my most wanted from this series!

Yeah, I'm somewhat afraid I feel the same way... 

12 minutes ago, leafan said:

I know somebody already mentioned about new releases in May, but after having looked at the leak from a Polish(?) Youtuber, Google translated this for me:

"the new series available in May will surely surprise you" (translated from: "nowa seria dostepna juz w maju na pewno cie zaskoczy").

That wording is given in the silhouette of a Minifigure, so does that mean that a second series of the Lego Movie 2 minifigures is coming, or just new sets?

No it’s just a teaser for the next cmf series which is heavily rumored to be Disney 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

No it’s just a teaser for the next cmf series which is heavily rumored to be Disney 

But I thought that was the September release?

Just now, leafan said:

But I thought that was the September release?

No that’s the rumored spring series. No one knows what the September series is yet 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

No that’s the rumored spring series 

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I like the leaked CMF series, but I had hoped they'd throw the Historical fans a bone.

I guess 2019 is another barren year for Castle etc.

Anyway - new minifigs - yay!

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No one knows what the September series is yet 

It better be Series 19... 

1 minute ago, leafan said:

I guess 2019 is another barren year for Castle etc.

But can you really be certain of that so early on? :wink:

Just now, 7982Brick said:

Well what is it? 

I'm not actually going to say, just because I predicted the twist at the end of the first movie six monts in advance and it made some people on this board mad.

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Nope. This isn't the place for movie plot or spoiler talk, even of the speculative sort.

Also; this.

13 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

I'm not actually going to say, just because I predicted the twist at the end of the first movie six monts in advance and it made some people on this board mad.

Please do share your thoughts in the movie thread. Just use the spoiler tag :classic:

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

No, Robert8 brought it up. I think they are the new legs. I'm really liking Not-Jem and the Holograms, and I'm interested to get the story on them.

I’m rather intrigued by it too. I don’t remember, but could this have been one of the “previous life’s”of Wyldstyle that Vitruvius mentioned at the piano early in the first one? 

6 hours ago, Borex said:

Loving the cmf series!

Wizard of Oz! Although i would have liked it better without the noses. 

Thank you for pointing out what was bothering me!

Often licensed minifigures tend to be too detailed to my liking and compared with regular minifigures, what makes them less cute to me and I guess also less timeless.

7 hours ago, Borex said:

Loving the cmf series!

Wizard of Oz! Although i would have liked it better without the noses. 

Giraffe-man. Love him. Very good figure. 

Crayonwoman! Superb. Also very cool print on that tile. 

Melon-guy: good enough to buy. He reminds me of the Oompa Loompas (the colours)

Evil Brick guy (don’t remember his name): Very dandy clothing.

And i like the catrockergirl. 

6 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

Thank you for pointing out what was bothering me!

Often licensed minifigures tend to be too detailed to my liking and compared with regular minifigures, what makes them less cute to me and I guess also less timeless.

The noses on those three characters set them apart though, despite LEGO going without. In this case I think it’s warranted, especially in the case of the Tin Man as he has a very distinct nose. The Cowardly Lion would look weird without it. The Scarecrow could do without of the three the most, but even it was definitely noticeable given the color difference. 

Apocolypsburg...wow...*oh2**huh**oh2*...WOW. I love it.

And the minifigires. Some are really interesting, but I'm not getting the wizard of oz minifigure connection. Are they master builders, or new characters?

On 12/15/2018 at 4:02 PM, Robert8 said:

No sewer babies? 

Where could they be? The second wave?

Hmmm This is the least interesting movie D2C so far...

my feelings exactly. Where are those sewer babies LEGO? 

17 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wizard of Oz figures are coming the cmf!

Happy to see the 4 main characters here!  It will be great for those that already have the other Wizard of Oz figures.  Also, just great figures all around!

17 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Unikitty is also a bit of a surprise, being the first completely non-minifigure in a Minifigures series.

Notably absent are any mini-doll characters...

Yeah, Unikitty is kind of a let down as I was expecting all of them to be minifigures.  Should be easy enough to feel and set aside, though.

Glad the minidolls aren't included, mostly for the same reason, although you have a point that they'd maybe fit in more here.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Who would have thought we would get 3 costumed character right after getting a series full of costumes....

I'm assuming these ones were planned for that series, but it got a little heavy and they held them off for the movie.

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

My personal favorite aspect so far is Sweet Mayhem's hairpiece, that shiny printing is very unique, can't recall anything like it in LEGO form:wacko:

I love that hair piece!  I'm definitely going to have to get one.

7 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

This is pure speculation, but I'm going to guess that's Wyldstyle before the scenes where she's in the black jumpsuit with the headset mic. There's a certain 'musical party' theme to some of the sets and scenes in the trailer that lead me to this conclusion.

Might be prequel Lucy, though, as her Carrying Case set comes with a microphone stand and stage.

I was thinking something similar.  The blue haired version could be Lucy before she became Wildstyle.  And maybe remembering her girly past is part of the plot.

7 hours ago, leafan said:

I like the leaked CMF series, but I had hoped they'd throw the Historical fans a bone.

I don't know, I think I could find a use for the Cowardly Lion and Scarecrow in my Castle builds.  I could also see using the Swamp Monster guy, some Apocalypseburg parts, and Rex's hat and dinosaur.  I'd even use the Tin Man as a suit of armor, and he has a nice axe.

While there aren't any minifigures that are specifically for historical or Castle fans, there are plenty of parts that could be useful.

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, the new trailer has some kind of white ship with Supes, WW and GL on it. I wonder if that might be a Summer set?

I also see a new sparkly Batman variant. 

Thats a 3rd variant for Batman

Wasteland

Xmas jumper

Sparkly 

And one for wasteland Alfred.

Maybe in the 2nd wave. 

18 hours ago, zz-80 said:

Chainsaw Daves torso in Apocalypseburg screams He-Man! :)

What about Mer-man in the CMF :wink:

17 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a new animal mold in the series, a new cat mold for the apocalypse cat   

That is a total abomination of a animal mould and waste of a new cat mould :sick: Atleast we get the dog in a new colour :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’ll take some pictures in the evening (which means in about 10 hours) :wink:

Sweet! :sweet:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

That is a total abomination of a animal mould and waste of a new cat mould :sick:

I'd figured you'd feel that way; and yeah, where else would it be reused beyond its purpose as a throwaway gag? :sceptic: