Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

That sure is one mixed bag of CMF's!

The Oz figs are cool, love the gold record tile and other record tile. Abraham's hat looks cool, Wyldstyle's hood is good, and I like the giraffe.

The big questions is; How many Benny's Space Squad packs should I buy? Think I'll start with ten and take it from there...

So, the new trailer has some kind of white ship with Supes, WW and GL on it. I wonder if that might be a Summer set?

I also see a new sparkly Batman variant. 

To be honest this has got to be my least favourite CMF series. 

Though is it just me or do those wizard of Oz figs looks like the ones from dimensions, perhaps they are going to use the figures from the already designed but unrealsd/cancelled third year of lego dimesions, which if I remember correctly included a return to some of the year one licenses including Wizard of Oz. Plus this matches up with rumor that we will something Doctor Who related in the film. 

That said does anyone know what was planned for dimensions year 3, on the off-chance that I'm anything approaching correct.

I doubt that I'm correct but a list would be interesting nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a new animal mold in the series, a new cat mold for the apocalypse cat   

Do you mean there is a brand new animal mould AND a new cat mold for the apocalypse cat, or do you mean the new animal mould is the apocalypse cat?

Just now, CedBricks said:

Do you mean there is a brand new animal mould AND a new cat mold for the apocalypse cat, or do you mean the new animal mould is the apocalypse cat?

The new animal mould is the apocalypse cat (not counting the giraffe head, but that's not a full fledged animal). The only other animal is Toto who sensibly uses the same mould as the white dog from the CMF Dog Show Winner Guy.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They just can't release a CMF series that will satisfy everyone. People have different taste so while someone may think a figure is amazing someone else will hate it.

Exactly my point. In my opinion there should be diversity within each series, so everyone can find something that interests them.

Costumed minifigures take up increasingly more places, last time a whole series, while for example we don't see historical minifigures anymore. We see existing characters returning in different clothings, preferably as crazy as possible. Especially all the variations of Batman made me cringe. Now the swamp creature shows dressed up, while the original one is one of my favorite minifigures ever that would have been a great collectible minifigure.

It feels to me that simple but universal LEGO characters are lacking lately. I wouldn't mind seeing early characters being redone and updated or getting variations (like a soccer player from another team) instead of going ever more wacky.

Now for this series, after seeing better pictures I think I might go for the singing girls as they look cheerful!

Loving the cmf series!

Wizard of Oz! Although i would have liked it better without the noses. 

Giraffe-man. Love him. Very good figure. 

Crayonwoman! Superb. Also very cool print on that tile. 

Melon-guy: good enough to buy. He reminds me of the Oompa Loompas (the colours)

Evil Brick guy (don’t remember his name): Very dandy clothing.

And i like the catrockergirl. 

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Interesting CMF series. I, also, don't expect to see this until next year . .

Still. Out of these, the ones I'm most interested in are Apocalypseburg Mrs. Scratchen-Post and Apocalypseburg Lincoln, for making my Apocalypseburg more busy, the Cowardly Lion for my costume shop (maybe Giraffe Suit too if I can make him fit in the window), and what I can only assume is DJ Wyldstyle for that beautiful Everything Is Awesome record tile. That is going in the recording studio of my Downtown Diner.

Also, man, Lego. A president sitting around and playing golf while his country goes to [BLEEP]. Way to throw shade on a certain PotUS. XD

Or.....crazy thought, they’re playing on the trope that when you retire(as we basically know Lord Business did at the end of the first) people play golf. I will never understand the weird fascination to shoehorn our president into everything...

Anywho...back to business...

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, man, Lego. A president sitting around and playing golf while his country goes to [BLEEP]. Way to throw shade on a certain PotUS. XD

:roflmao: wish I’d seen that first.

11 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I will never understand the weird fascination to shoehorn our president into everything...

Well President Business is a President...and a businessman... much like the current united states president. I agree your sentiment but this particular instance doesn't feel shoehorned at all.

I love the Wizard of Oz and Apocalypsburg figures too. That apocalypse cat is super cute. I wonder which one he is. 

I'm not the biggest fan of CMF's but I try to collect a couple, so I have some interest in them. I think most the minifigures here are very boring with the clear exception of The Wizard Of Oz minifigures. Definitely gonna try and get all those ones. Again the rest are meh for me. 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I've just built the 5 smallest sets and so far, I'm very impressed :thumbup: Cool minifigs, great colour palettes, and neat prints (especially the ice cream cone guy). My personal favorite aspect so far is Sweet Mayhem's hairpiece, that shiny printing is very unique, can't recall anything like it in LEGO form

Could you take a pic of a minifigure wearing that hairpiece? Please :classic:

1 hour ago, Wesley D said:

... In my opinion there should be diversity within each series, so everyone can find something that interests them.

Costumed minifigures take up increasingly more places, last time a whole series, while for example we don't see historical minifigures anymore. ...

It feels to me that simple but universal LEGO characters are lacking lately.

I completely agree with these three statements of yours that I've included in the quote. I'm also not seeing the diversity of characters in this series, when I feel like a line tying into the Lego Movie especially should have more of something for everyone. For some reason people seem to have not been so into the Ninjago Movie series, but that to me had way more interesting, useful and varied figures than this one does, with plenty that could be repurposed for standard city and other uses.

Loud, brightly-coloured figures can be great, and I loved the one in the Ninjago series, but one was enough. Four is way too much for one series.

The series for the first Lego Movie had much better variety: minifigs for modern city uses, historical figures, wild west, and one costume guy. That series did far better at offering a spectrum of universal parts and figures.

1 hour ago, Actor Builder said:

Well President Business is a President...and a businessman... much like the current united states president. I agree your sentiment but this particular instance doesn't feel shoehorned at all.

I love the Wizard of Oz and Apocalypsburg figures too. That apocalypse cat is super cute. I wonder which one he is. 

Well, the creators of the movie must’ve had some serious foresight...considering that movie came out in 2014.

I do love the cat as well, I wonder if it’s a WWE fan....in particular of Shaemus. All the alternate minifigs are great, I like seeing the more notable ones. What came of Gayle & Harry though?!

8 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Is it just me, or does the Giraffe Guy have the mid-legs from the HP series? He looks shorter than the rest.

No, Robert8 brought it up. I think they are the new legs. I'm really liking Not-Jem and the Holograms, and I'm interested to get the story on them.

Personally I doubt it's the new legs on the giraffe guy, or at least there's no way to tell from the images out so far. I recall all the way back when the first images of Series 3 came out that everyone was sure the Gorrila suit guy had the long Toy Story arms and/or legs, which of course turned out not to be true. These rendered images of CMF are always a little misleading.

I love all of the Wizard of Oz characters in the CMF series! And quite a few of the other minifigures are also appealing.

But, Dorothy, Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man are my most wanted from this series!

28 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm really liking Not-Jem and the Holograms, and I'm interested to get the story on them.

Who?

Is that the three yellow-skinned CMF figs with pink and green hair and musical accessories? Also possibly plus party girl Wyldstyle?

Hey, they all have identical pink microphones. 

Hmm . . wait, is that one with the record even Wyldstyle?

Yeah, the 4 figures with the microphones. I don't think the one is Lucy, just using the hair piece. We'll see, though.

2 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Yeah, the 4 figures with the microphones. I don't think the one is Lucy, just using the hair piece. We'll see, though.

This is pure speculation, but I'm going to guess that's Wyldstyle before the scenes where she's in the black jumpsuit with the headset mic. There's a certain 'musical party' theme to some of the sets and scenes in the trailer that lead me to this conclusion.

Might be prequel Lucy, though, as her Carrying Case set comes with a microphone stand and stage.

That has to be Lucy

We saw her with that hairpiece in the second trailer

Also, it would be way too confusing to have another character with same hairpiece