Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Well, color me surprised—I'd seen somebody hypothesize that Wizard of Oz characters might show up and I was skeptical that they'd burn a full four slots of the CMF series on them, but here we are.

Unikitty is also a bit of a surprise, being the first completely non-minifigure in a Minifigures series.

In general, these look pretty good. But after seeing these I would not be at all surprised to see a second Minifigures series for the theme next year, like we got with The Lego Batman Movie. Notably absent are any mini-doll characters (which I would have expected to be more likely than a character like Unikitty, considering they still follow a similar head-torso-legs construction to traditional figs). And considering the number of post-apoc versions of characters from the first movie, there's probably plenty more they could do with that.

So the explanation it seems for where president business is during the LEGO movie 2 is that he is golfing according to the cmf. It seems he comes in a golfers outfit complete with a printed golf glove on his hand and a golf club as an accessory 

Damn, now that’s a colourful series :wub: 

Now that everything TLM2 related has been revealed/leaked, where are the sewer babies? And where’s that green baby dino? :wacko: I highly doubt those are from the summer wave (way too early for that), so maybe there’s a set we’re missing? ...which would also make little sense since this wave already includes two retailer exclusive sets.

Edit: do we know the release dates for the CMF series and the D2C set? Feb 1st? 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Dude the series is similar to the first one. Some regular CMFs and a lot of main characters as alternate version. This time only Crayon Suit, Watermelon Suit and Giraffe Suit are regular CMF

Who would have thought we would get 3 costumed character right after getting a series full of costumes....

Some pages back I asked what would be in the CMF because most of the main characters are not minifigure

Well, I'm shocked to see Unikitty is branded as a Minifigure. I thought there were certain rules about what is a LEGO minifigure and what isn't. It seems that is no more. 

Also, This is the first series ever to included both licensed and regular characters 

Overall, I feel the series from the first movie was better. So, my rank of movie series goes like this

1. LEGO Movie 1

2. LEGO Movie 2

3. Batman Movie Series 1

4. Ninjago Movie

5. Batman Movie Series 2

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Fifulin said:

I can't seem to find the CMF pictures. Any tips where i should look?

Try Instagram.

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Who would have thought we would get 3 costumed character right after getting a series full of costumes....

I'm not surprised. I think they're here to stay as a regular inclusion.

Wow, WoOz figs. Nice. Unikitty is a pointless waste, but the other redundant main cast have unique parts that make them at least somewhat worthwhile. Now that we've seen these, where the hell are the Sewer Babies going to be released?

Edited by K_Tiger

Very disappointing series as pretty much everything for next year.
Are we really in this need of costumed characters as to take three slots in a non-related series?

I'll take multiples of the Tin Man and the Scarecrow just for the spare parts, but that's it.

Is it just me or Giraffe Guy has medium legs? 

13 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Try Instagram.

I'm not surprised. I think they're here to stay as a regular inclusion.

Wow, WoOz figs. Nice. Unikitty is a pointless waste, but the other redundant main cast have unique parts that make them at least somewhat worthwhile. Now that we've seen these, where the hell are the Sewer Babies going to be released?

Agree with Unikitty. Same with Benny.

Sewer Babies will be probably in the summer wave ( that or a polybag)

Edited by Robert8

Dorothy uses a cloth skirt, how disappointing (I also would have preferred the medium legs, but that's still new so I didn't really expect them). They should have either printed on the legs or used the plastic skirt piece. Still, happy to get the OZ characters (I was so sure we'd get them that I went out and bought the flying monkeys a few weeks ago).

Nice to get the hat/hair combo on Rex, been waiting for a piece like that for a long time.

As for the rest, I'm kind of so so about them, but I think after I see a review I'll be more impressed.

Are the Scarecrow’s legs dual molded in dark green and black? Or are they just printed on black?

Can’t see myself picking up any of these except Unikitty oddly enough since that is honestly the most perfect version of the character. Maybe Lord Business for his golf club and the Watermelon suit guy for his cool pink watermelon.

Lot of great dual molding tho makes it awesome for purists but its so tiring chasing these figs down just to make figs that once I post rarely stay put together anyway.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Standouts are the wizard of oz characters, the swamp creature, president business, Abe Lincoln, giraffe suit guy, and the watermelon suit guy. Overall a decent series 

Could just be me, but I don't see president Business anywhere on that leaked picture

2 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Pff, really disappointed, another CMF series without a single minifigure I really want.

Fans will like the Oz-themed minifigures, but I think it's strange they come within this series. When will we get a regular CMF series again with a minifigure for everyone? Ik guess they are indeed out of inspiration.

They just can't release a CMF series that will satisfy everyone. People have different taste so while someone may think a figure is amazing someone else will hate it.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me, but I don't see president Business anywhere on that leaked picture

There are better pictures out now to confirm this is him. He is the one to the top right of the giraffe suit guy 

Interesting CMF series. I, also, don't expect to see this until next year . .

Still. Out of these, the ones I'm most interested in are Apocalypseburg Mrs. Scratchen-Post and Apocalypseburg Lincoln, for making my Apocalypseburg more busy, the Cowardly Lion for my costume shop (maybe Giraffe Suit too if I can make him fit in the window), and what I can only assume is DJ Wyldstyle for that beautiful Everything Is Awesome record tile. That is going in the recording studio of my Downtown Diner.

Also, man, Lego. A president sitting around and playing golf while his country goes to [BLEEP]. Way to throw shade on a certain PotUS. XD

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Interesting CMF series. I, also, don't expect to see this until next year . .

Still. Out of these, the ones I'm most interested in are Apocalypseburg Mrs. Scratchen-Post and Apocalypseburg Lincoln, for making my Apocalypseburg more busy, the Cowardly Lion for my costume shop (maybe Giraffe Suit too if I can make him fit in the window), and what I can only assume is DJ Wyldstyle for that beautiful Everything Is Awesome record tile. That is going in the recording studio of my Downtown Diner.

Also, man, Lego. A president sitting around and playing golf while his country goes to [BLEEP]. Way to throw shade on a certain PotUS. XD

I nominate that last part as 'comment of the week'

Interesting series overall. Standouts for me would be Unikitty (because it completely throws the CMF guidelines out the window and into the sea, sinking to the bottom to be torn apart by volcanic ocean vents), the Wizard of OZ figs (because they're awesome), Business Golf, Apocalypseburg Scratchenpost, Swamp Creature and Cowboy Dangervest.

It’s interesting that at the top of the page the Wizard is Oz logo is also present. I wonder if it’ll be on the packaging like the HP/FB series. I love the Oz characters and all of the new molds! Lucy with her hood is awesome, and I like the suited characters quite a bit. I’m most excited for that post-apocalyptic cat, though! 

Wow, the selection in this series really took me by surprise, and I have to say it strikes me as quite odd. I personally like the Wizard of Oz figures, but for argument's sake you could take those away and be left with a series of 16 that still doesn't make much sense. Four spots dedicated to the brightly coloured girl band and three to costume characters? That's crazy!

I shudder to think about if there's going to be a one per box character again, and just hope it isn't a Wizard of Oz one.

I've just built the 5 smallest sets and so far, I'm very impressed :thumbup: Cool minifigs, great colour palettes, and neat prints (especially the ice cream cone guy). My personal favorite aspect so far is Sweet Mayhem's hairpiece, that shiny printing is very unique, can't recall anything like it in LEGO form (they even thought to include a clear 1x1 round brick for holding the helmet): 

31445941117_285c010316_z.jpg

(more pictures on my flickr stream https://www.flickr.com/photos/darthguy/?, shameless plug :grin:)

Speaking of shiny: Susan's cape is shiny on one side, but it's the old, stiff variety of cloth, weirdly enough :wacko: