Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

You’re ok with things being stolen? That’s despicable.

If some of the bigger LEGO channels/blogs post about it before it being officially revealed, it seems they are ok with this particular "leak".

They all say Found on Ebay, like it truly was. How it got there, is an entirely different story.

Edited by TeriXeri

MandRProductions apparently bought one copy of Apocalypseburg and is going to build and review it this weekend. Lego is not going to be happy about that.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:53 PM, Robert8 said:

The LEGO Movie 2 Emmet's Piece Offering (30340)

Source: Brick Fan

Emmet just murdered the queen, turned her into an art project for his girlfriend, and is hiding his insanity behind the standard always-smiling minifigure face.

14 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

Emmet just murdered the queen, turned her into an art project for his girlfriend, and is hiding his insanity behind the standard always-smiling minifigure face.

We need more of this type of true love in the world!

8 hours ago, Sinthoras said:

MandRProductions apparently bought one copy of Apocalypseburg and is going to build and review it this weekend. Lego is not going to be happy about that.

Nope. Wouldn't be surprised if he got removed from the ambassador program (and rightly so, since he's making profit of stolen property). But I don't think he's going to cry and whine about it like BrickQueen does

8 hours ago, Sinthoras said:

If he knowingly buys something from the grey market(I'm sure everyone here knows it's not supposed to be released yet), that's not quite right. 
I mean talking about the image which is on public domain is one thing but buying a product that is quite obviously stolen and benefiting the supposed thief is a different matter altogether.
This encourages the thief to continue with this activity. That being said, set is AWESOME.

19 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

The set in question was sold on two separate, publicly visible, eBay listings--how those two sellers acquired the set to sell is their own business, if it was though illegal means then it is up to eBay and the appropriate authorities to deal with. 

Once the images entered the public consciousness however, they are out there. Please do not call out other members as thieves for seeing something with their eyes on Instagram and then wanting to talk about it here. 

--

Back to set discussion everyone. All set discussion.  

If you read my post, I never called x105black a thief, I just said it’s despicable that he’s ok with Lego being stolen.

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Might I ask you a question?

What, exactly, do yòu intend to do about it? Heck; what do you expect any of us to do about it?

Because what you're doing right now amounts to telling us we're all horrible people for looking at pictures on the internet. How does this benefit anyone? 

You're entitled to your opinions, and this is a forum of public discourse. But if all you have is insults for your fellow AFOL and TFOL, please, keep them to yourself

I’m not attempting to insult anyone, if you’re offended that’s your problem I’m just pointing out facts. 

What do I intend to do about? I intend in having conversions with Lego and as I previously stated screenshot the evidence and send it Lego’s way.

As Ben Shapiro says “Facts don’t care about your feelings.”

1 hour ago, ultiminutes said:

If he knowingly buys something from the grey market(I'm sure everyone here knows it's not supposed to be released yet), that's not quite right. 
I mean talking about the image which is on public domain is one thing but buying a product that is quite obviously stolen and benefiting the supposed thief is a different matter altogether.
This encourages the thief to continue with this activity. That being said, set is AWESOME.

You sir deserve a promotion :wink:

12 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

If some of the bigger LEGO channels/blogs post about it before it being officially revealed, it seems they are ok with this particular "leak".

They all say Found on Ebay, like it truly was. How it got there, is an entirely different story.

I know and I’ve called jangbricks out for it.

This y’all final warning, after which I won’t say anything and I will just report all the pics to Lego. Have a nice life!

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

*insert picture here*

Can't wait to start building :wub_drool:

Whoa! Are you gonna post pics? I’m so happy for you bro!

Definiely buying:

• Thricycle
  • CMF

Might buy:

• All of Rex’s vehicles
  • Rocket House
  • 1980’s space battle pack
  • Movie Maker

Can we please just stop whining about leaks and continue with a normal discussion?

The sources of leaks are wrong, since the leaked figures/sets are almost always illegally obtained. But we're all in a way profiting of them, since it gives us something to talk about. And be honest with yourself, without these leaks this forum wouldn't nearly be as big as it is now.

And as LEGO fans we can't do anything about leaks going online, so there's no need to call out other people on it. 

Also, reporting people to LEGO will only enlarge the problem J4ck. You're reporting people who send the leaks around, why? They haven't stolen anything and therefore aren't doing anything illegal...

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can we please just stop whining about leaks and continue with a normal discussion?

The sources of leaks are wrong, since the leaked figures/sets are almost always illegally obtained. But we're all in a way profiting of them, since it gives us something to talk about. And be honest with yourself, without these leaks this forum wouldn't nearly be as big as it is now.

And as LEGO fans we can't do anything about leaks going online, so there's no need to call out other people on it. 

Also, reporting people to LEGO will only enlarge the problem J4ck. You're reporting people who send the leaks around, why? They haven't stolen anything and therefore aren't doing anything illegal...

In respect of the mods, shall we move this to DMs? I’m more than happy to carry on discussing it.

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

I know and I’ve called jangbricks out for it.

And you know, what's even more funny*, another LEGO youtuber even admitted to buying one of the Ebay sets.

* Doesn't mean I support putting the physical thing for sale, or buying it, not to mention reviewing it.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

And you know, what's even more funny, another LEGO youtuber even admitted to buying one of the Ebay sets.

People know where these sets come from, they’re just turning a blind eye. So sad.

13 hours ago, Sinthoras said:

Don't think that's okay at all. Buying it is directly supporting leaks much moreso then a picture that already went viral.

Edited by TeriXeri

The Apocalypseburg set is really cool, and I'm glad the location and citizens get covered extensively! Superb figure designs, they look.. how should I word it... super tough! :wink: The Statue of Liberty (most notably the shoulder and arm) seems to rely quite a bit on large specialized parts for its shaping, which contrasts with the finer, denser builds of the living containers. Anyway, what's really impressive is how the set appears to have an overall non-rectangular grid, closed up (complete and displayable) for the full 360 degrees, while also providing interior and connectivity of the levels from ground to top. 

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but the barbed wire is back (look next to the cloth curtain), for the first time since 2010:sweet: 

4 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

The Apocalypseburg set is really cool, and I'm glad the location and citizens get covered extensively!

Certainly looks like an impressive set. Can't wait to see all the interior details.

Edited by TeriXeri

I wasn't lucky, a toy store over here has the sets, but isn't allowed to sell them yet.

I'm going to return for Benny's Space Squad. Emmet's Dream House looks fun, but expensive because of the rocket/dystopian elements. The DUPLO set is nice, but also expensive! For the rest I haven't much use.

I hope the CMF series offers some figures in my interest: perhaps a red spaceman and a blue one with unbroken helmet and especially minifigures that go well with City. I loved the series of the first movie!

The D2C set looks nice! I won't get it because of other interests. What I don't like is the inclusion of licensed figures in the movie. As if LEGO isn't interesting enough on its own!

I expect the movie to be like the first. Colorful, fun and with LEGO specific jokes, but too (!) fast paced for me.

CMF just leaked. Kind of similar to the last one, not toooo interesting - some figs are just themed in their alternate outfits, like Abraham Lincoln (Vampire hunter?!) or Cowboy Rex.

Standouts are the wizard of oz characters, the swamp creature, president business, Abe Lincoln, giraffe suit guy, and the watermelon suit guy. Overall a decent series 

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wizard of Oz figures are coming the cmf!

Whoa. I wasn't expecting to see them pop up there... :distressed:

3 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

CMF just leaked. Kind of similar to the last one, not toooo interesting - some figs are just themed in their alternate outfits, like Abraham Lincoln (Vampire hunter?!) or Cowboy Rex.

Ah well, hey, I do kinda dig Rex's new hat/hair headgear! :thumbup: :smug: Plus, are Lincoln's googles printed onto his stovepipe hat? :shrug_confused:

Pff, really disappointed, another CMF series without a single minifigure I really want.

Fans will like the Oz-themed minifigures, but I think it's strange they come within this series. When will we get a regular CMF series again with a minifigure for everyone? Ik guess they are indeed out of inspiration.