Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

I dislike the D2C set, but I even dislike all that apocalypse stuff.

The only sets which appeal to me are the astronauts sets (which is even sold for a decent prize) and maybe the house of Emmet (but with 60 Euros it is much too expensive - 30-40 Euros would be the correct price - so and because I don't want that Sci-Fi stuff included, it's very unlikely that I'll buy it).

But which I'm now excited about ist the CMF series. Shouldn't we see pics of it soon since it'll be availabe in Jan./Feb.?

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also could the Sewer Babies be a polybag? 

Like a battlepack or something... 

I dont really think they will be in the CMF line

They're probably each an accessory to one of the CMFs

Also I'm almost certain this confirms the La-Loyd leak as fake.

The Apocalypseburg D2C looks great!  It's certainly better than how I originally pictured it would look.

I also picked up the Metalbeard polybag at Walmart.  It's a fun little set that feels like a great value for the $3.99 price, especially with the 3-in-1 feature of the build.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

The only sets which appeal to me are the astronauts sets (which is even sold for a decent prize) and maybe the house of Emmet (but with 60 Euros it is much too expensive - 30-40 Euros would be the correct price - so and because I don't want that Sci-Fi stuff included, it's very unlikely that I'll buy it).

But which I'm now excited about ist the CMF series. Shouldn't we see pics of it soon since it'll be availabe in Jan./Feb.?

60 Euros for Emmets house is a great price. As the set has 706 pieces, would've normally been around 70 to 80 Euros. Just do some research before saying a price isn't fair

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also could the Sewer Babies be a polybag? 

Like a battlepack or something... 

I dont really think they will be in the CMF line

And the summer wave is unlikely I think

Well, we know they exist in physical form. A polybag (best be a mass-market one, none of this "free with a billion dollar purchase from LEGO" tripe) is a likely candidate, but I'm still of the opinion that one or more of them is going to be in the CMF series, as an accessory to an actual figure. Most likely one that will be contextually appropriate after we see the film.

Misc. items in an battle/accessory pack is a possibility.

Edited by K_Tiger

Back when the fallen Statue of Liberty was first seen in the initial teaser, I hadn't given it too much thought to it beyond that I found its inclusion somewhat strange and random. After all, I would've figured that at least it should've been more in line with with minifigure proportions as opposed to source material accurate human proportions. Even after hearing our first rumors that this movie's D2C would be based upon it, all I honestly could do was shrug at the quirkiness of it once again. :shrug_confused:

But, after finally seeing as a set, it is pretty darn cool looking, quirky randomness and all. I'm now looking most forwards to seeing the reviews and speed builds of this set, as it's angled building techniques and facial construction are going to be the most intriguing I feel. Not to mention, who ever thought we'd see such a nod to the original Planet of the Apes from Lego in a way like this?! :thumbup: :oh3: thumbsupud.gif

But still, DCEU Harley Quinn? :hmpf_bad: :hmpf:

Unless he doesn't have a speaking role in this sequel, who's voicing Good Cop/Bad Cop? I wasn't at all expecting to see him, being absent from marketing seen so far and all. Nonetheless, his new attire (his jacket in particular) just screams Max Max if you ask me. :thumbup: :grin:

Mel Gibson in 'Mad Max' (Pic: Warner Bros.)

After looking up the measurements of the head of the real Statue of Liberty I've got to say this model is surprisingly close to minifigure scale!

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Unless he doesn't have a speaking role in this sequel, who's voicing Good Cop/Bad Cop? I wasn't at all expecting to see him, being absent from marketing seen so far and all. Nonetheless, his new attire (his jacket in particular) just screams Max Max if you ask me. :thumbup: :grin:

Mel Gibson in 'Mad Max' (Pic: Warner Bros.)

It's not known yet wether or not Scribble Cop (as he is now called) will actually be in TLM2, though you can count on it he will at least have an appearance. If he does have some lines he will most likely be voiced by Liam Neeson, as he voiced him in the first film

I find the set to be really bizarre but still cool nonetheless! The one thing I'm quite glad that this set existed is that there is a place where all the Apocalyseburg related sets could converge together should we decide to amass a collection of TLM2 sets.

I totally did not expect Scribble Cop and Where are my Pants guy to be there! That was a pleasant surprise.

And yeah, I find Suicide Squad Harley Quinn to be quite an odd inclusion as there's already TLBM Harley Quinn in the TLM universe. But then, there's 2012 Green Ninja and TLNM Lloyd, so....:shrug_oh_well:

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

60 Euros for Emmets house is a great price. As the set has 706 pieces, would've normally been around 70 to 80 Euros. Just do some research before saying a price isn't fair

Note that his post indicated that he has no interest in the sci-fi parts.  So while 60 is a decent price for the set as-is, he was saying it should have been 30-40 for the set with no sci-fi parts.

Reading comprehension.

Anyways, I saw the images of the Statue of Liberty and it looks fantastic.  It's a bit too big and pricey for me, unfortunately, but I'm definitely a fan.  I love the minifigure selection, and I may pick up a few of those.

Looking forward to better images just to see how much they packed into this thing.

15 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Have you seen the piece count though on that sucker? €60 is reasonable considering the piece count though!

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I can see where he's coming from, as I like many parts of sets too, but would have prefered it, if some sets were split into smaller sets instead.

I'm not talking about price per piece.

Example for me: 

- Speed champion sets that come with 1 good and 1 bad vehicle in my opinion. (like the green porsche looks good, or the 67 Mini Cooper, but the sets come with much more then that)

- Or even the Sky Police Headquarters, the fairly small building could have been a seperate set, but there's a huge airplane included.

- Sky Police Diamond Heist has a great armored truck, but I care much less about the criminal helicopter thing.

- Huge sets like 60200 Capital City (€140) have a lot of different buildings/vehicles that could have been sold seperately, even if the price per part isn't the worst, it's mostly a Shop@Home exclusive however, so no big discounts expected. Even Jangbricks talks about it as seperate sets in his review. As a difficult to sell set as not everyone wants everything from it.

As for Emmet's House, I think that set is fair for €65 (my country shop@home), likely for less on discounts shortly after.

Going back to more TLM2 set discussion, that D2C probably is €230-€250 or so with the piece/minifig count. (Ninjago Docks is €250 locally)

Edited by TeriXeri

Did anyone else notice that on the back of 70840 it looks as though Scribble Cop and Harkey Quinn are holding hands? Might just be an error of how they are being displayed, but maybe they’ll have a romance in the sequel. :shrug_confused:

2 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Did anyone else notice that on the back of 70840 it looks as though Scribble Cop and Harkey Quinn are holding hands? Might just be an error of how they are being displayed, but maybe they’ll have a romance in the sequel. :shrug_confused:

I think he's putting the cuffs on her.

Am I the only one disappointed that none of the Apocalypseburg minifigures use the new hood/mask pieces introduced for the Dragon Hunters in Ninjago?

37 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Am I the only one disappointed that none of the Apocalypseburg minifigures use the new hood/mask pieces introduced for the Dragon Hunters in Ninjago?

There would have been so many opportunities of course. Imagine all the hairpieces, masks, shoulder/armor pieces in different colours.
I just hope for some more variety in the CMF line. In any case, post cyperpunk/apocalyptic/steampunk fans have the best Lego time now:

-TLM2 even gives us a Mad Max torso and planet of the apes statue of liberty :wub:
- Punk themed S8 of Ninjago provided useful shoulder piece, great printings and vehicles
- Ninjago S9 was directly inspired by Mad Max style
- SW Solo also had some useful minifig editions:

75215-1.jpg?201807240822

Like the look of the UCS set - agreed that sewer babies are missing but hopefully they'll be available from somewhere. Love the nice "Planet of the Apes" nod and the Mad Max style characters are great (especially "Where are my pants?" dude).

Looking forward to what the minifig series throws up.

I am in love with Apocalypseburg! Definitely a day one purchase for me. 

I love post-apocalyptic / mad max style stuff anyway so this is right up my alley. The Statue of Liberty looks fantastic and it seems to be appealing from all angles.