Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We are also getting Jonah hills green lantern in a set too! The figure is amazing! It has duel molded legs and arm printing. Overall a great figure! Seems like a d2c or cmf figure

OK, I really wasn't expecting that... *huh* :distressed:

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

That involve Batman or HQ in any vehicles e.g. mechs,

Um, what do you mean by that? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We are also getting Jonah hills green lantern in a set too! The figure is amazing! It has duel molded legs and arm printing. Overall a great figure! Seems like a d2c or cmf figure

Hope D2C and not the cmf same goes with Harley Quinn. I personally wouldn't want this series being filled with DC characters after having 2 entire batman series, would much rather the CMF be just non-licensed characters excluding most likely a batman

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Saw them in-store today. The MetalBeard poly as well.

Ohhh man, how I hope the sets I want end up in stores before Christmas!

I’m gonna buy a bunch of those Green Lanterns. Not only is the minifig superb, but you can erase the printing on the legs and put them on the other minifig. It’s perfect. 

1 hour ago, danth said:

I'm always for sets arriving sooner rather than later.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, Dr.Cogg said:

The only thing that stands out to me about the Harley Quinn figure possibly being real, is how it has to different color dual molded legs. 

That's not so difficult to believe. King Tut from The LEGO Batman Movie Series Minifigures and N-Pop Girl from The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series Minifigures.

Just now, Aanchir said:

That's not so difficult to believe. King Tut from The LEGO Batman Movie Series Minifigures and N-Pop Girl from The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series Minifigures.

Don't forget Mad-Eye Moody from HP. 

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems Aquaman (the Jason Momoa one) is also in the movie.....

This has been speculated/confirmed about before. I think he’s supposed to be playing the two different Aquaman I think I read somewhere.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, what do you mean by that? :shrug_confused:

I think he means, will there be any vehicles for Batman or Harley Quinn in the D2C?

7 hours ago, danth said:

At the very least it’ll be 26th December, otherwise it’ll be January 1st. I’m assuming the D2C will be later since it hasn’t been revealed yet unless Lego will do a special reveal.

I wonder if Channing Tatum Superman will be receiving the same Apocalypseberg treatment. If so, it'd be cool if he looked something like this:

s-l1600.jpg

41 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Superman meets the Rocketeer? Jodhpurs and double-breasted coats make everything cooler.

By the way, do you or anyone else here know what exactly the formal name for a "Rocketeer" jacket is? I've seen it donned by many other Dieselpunk/Noir/Pulp archetypes, characters, and character reimaginings beyond the Rocketeer; and the closest name I can amalgamate for it would something like a Double Breasted, Bibbed Cowboy Jacket. :def_shrug: A few other comic characters, for instance, that don such a coat include Lobster Johnson, Marvel's Star-Lord from the comics, and The Grey Ghost from BTAS (Batman: The Animated Series).

Edited by Digger of Bricks

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, do you or anyone else here know what exactly the formal name for a "Rocketeer" jacket is? I've seen it donned by many other Dieselpunk/Noir/Pulp archetypes, characters, and character reimaginings beyond the Rocketeer; and the closest name I can amalgamate for it would something like a Double Breasted, Bibbed Cowboy Jacket. :def_shrug: A few other comic characters, for instance, that don such a coat include Lobster Johnson, Marvel's Star-Lord from the comics, and The Grey Ghost from BTAS (Batman: The Animated Series).

Just a 1920's motorcyclist's jacket, isn't it?

It's kind of a combination of a western bib shirt and an early motorcyclist jacket, like obsidianheart mentioned. It's a pretty smart look.

Wasn't there a rumor about Doctor who and the Lego movie 2, I presumed if it was a real thing then it would probably just be a gag in the movie (like the british robots in the lego batman movie or the star wars scene in the first lego movie) but if they're gonna make a physical minifigure of suicide squid Harley Quinn then it doesn't seem too ridiculous to hope for a 13th doctor minifigure. Though depending on how long it took to make the movie and how far into production any possible scene/s  or set with the Doctor were made then 13th doctor might be too recent but I'd be really pleased if they made any of the doctors we don't all ready have (or any of the aliens etc).

21 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Just a 1920's motorcyclist's jacket, isn't it?

Huh, I hadn't thought of looking at antique motorcyclist jackets in my search, as I've been mostly researching vintage aviator outerwear. Well, looking under a few different decades, I do see what you're talking about:

12204030_613495098789736_707833522_o_zpsal4rbx11.jpgDouble-Breasted-Motorcycle-Jacket-1930s.jpg

21 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

It's kind of a combination of a western bib shirt and an early motorcyclist jacket, like obsidianheart mentioned.

Yeah, and that's the thing. While I can see some definite inspiration in those double breasted motorcyclist jackets, I still haven't found any historical precedent for the bibbed, double breasted leather jacket. Perhaps there isn't, and the design was created for the Rocketeer character? :shrug_confused:

16 hours ago, J4ck said:

@Digger of Bricks you mean something like this:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/144145915@N03/kafGLJ

I can’t find anything as of yet.

Of course, SpiderMan Noir! :classic:

Yeah, the Rocketeer coat was a one-off. I think the later characters were inspired by that look, which itself was inspired by actual 1920s and '30s coats.To bring this around back to LEGO, I want a leather bib coat print on a minifigure, and I don't much care which theme it's from. I've got planes in need of smartly-dressed pilots!

I wonder if LEGO has updated the site? I had to kind of suss out the boat build from the pic on the bag. I need to grab another so I can do minifigure version of MetalBeard.

6 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Found (and bought) the Metalbeard polybag at a WalMart while I was buying cough syrup.

Get well soon!

When you’ve built it, please post here what you think, I’m interested to know :classic: