Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Maybe the set with Lloyd is the D2C 

If Lloyd is in any sets. I’m not completely doubting Lloyd but since the minifigure is exactly there’s a chance not certainty that the Leakers are being trolled. Also I’m doubtful Lloyd is in the D2C since it seems D2C might be another post-apocalyptic set and Lloyd’s clothing seems normal.

So apparently it's true. A DCEU Margot Robbie Harley Quinn figure has leaked from the upcoming D2C set... *huh* :wacko: 

I mean, why? :ugh:

I'm not one to fuss over continuity within WB's "LEGO Cinematic Universe" and its movies; but, is there really a good reason for why they had to shoehorn yet another variant of this character into the sequel despite having a perfectly fine, original take on her in the form of Jenny Slate's TLBM incarnation? :thumbdown: :hmpf_bad:

22 hours ago, J4ck said:

If Lloyd is in any sets. I’m not completely doubting Lloyd but since the minifigure is exactly there’s a chance not certainty that the Leakers are being trolled. Also I’m doubtful Lloyd is in the D2C since it seems D2C might be another post-apocalyptic set and Lloyd’s clothing seems normal.

With a DCEU, not apocalyptic Harley Quinn also in the D2C though there's still a high chance the Leakers are being trolled I feel this makes Lloyd more likely.

26 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

With a DCEU, not apocalyptic Harley Quinn also in the D2C though there's still a high chance the Leakers are being trolled I feel this makes Lloyd more likely.

Okay, it looks like that Harley may not be in the D2C after all, maybe...

The only thing that stands out to me about the Harley Quinn figure possibly being real, is how it has to different color dual molded legs.

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Let's hope!

It also has me questioning why Lego would put a character from a dark 15 rated film from 2 years ago in a Lego set? Lego never created Suicide Squad sets so why would they put a minifigure based (not loosely based either!) off of the movie!

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah shoot, now leakers are saying it is from the TLM2 theme according to this post. :hmpf_bad:

I’m calling it unlikely, this Harley Quinn minifigure in question looks like somebody paid close attention to minifigure designs and made an almost believable custom. That’s how the situation looks to me. Lego Product Designers even have a minifigure guideline book which they refer to when designing a minifigure. For example, minifigures almost always have the eyes in the exact same place, same for mouths, that’s why any yellow or flesh minifigure head works with the Bat-Cowl-With-Goggles.

46 minutes ago, J4ck said:

It also has me questioning why Lego would put a character from a dark 15 rated film from 2 years ago in a Lego set? Lego never created Suicide Squad sets so why would they put a minifigure based (not loosely based either!) off of the movie!

Then again they did put Agent Smith in TLBM

41 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Then again they did put Agent Smith in TLBM

True but then he didn’t get to become a physical minifigure.

One detail that I have not seen mentioned is that the figure's right leg has a metal plate on it. If this were a custom figure, it would seem odd to add this uncharacteristic detail for a SS-accurate design. Considering how Margot Robbie will voice the character in the movie, combined with the plate's similar design to TLM2 Batman's, I believe that this is real.

17 minutes ago, latenightguy said:

One detail that I have not seen mentioned is that the figure's right leg has a metal plate on it. If this were a custom figure, it would seem odd to add this uncharacteristic detail for a SS-accurate design. Considering how Margot Robbie will voice the character in the movie, combined with the plate's similar design to TLM2 Batman's, I believe that this is real.

Now that you mention it, it looks like her shirt has holes in it, too. I thought it was just folds, but looking closer . . she does seem a bit Apocalypseberg-ish. 

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

I’m calling it unlikely, this Harley Quinn minifigure in question looks like somebody paid close attention to minifigure designs and made an almost believable custom. That’s how the situation looks to me. Lego Product Designers even have a minifigure guideline book which they refer to when designing a minifigure. For example, minifigures almost always have the eyes in the exact same place, same for mouths, that’s why any yellow or flesh minifigure head works with the Bat-Cowl-With-Goggles.

UK film ratings often befuddle me as an American. Over here it was PG-13 (Same as The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman V. Superman, and Justice League).

I don't totally mind the fig if it is in fact in the sets, since it's a minor reference and the costume suits the post-apoc setting reasonably well. That said, if it turns out they're having Margot Robbie voice her instead of Jenny Slate, as was rumored on IMDB, it'll be a bit of a bummer since I prefer the sort of oddball casting from the earlier movies. I'm similarly a bit miffed about Jason Momoa voicing Aquaman, but hold out hopes that the movie might still approach the character in a campier, more "classic" manner than he did in the live action DCCU.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

UK film ratings often befuddle me as an American. Over here it was PG-13 (Same as The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman V. Superman, and Justice League).

I don't totally mind the fig if it is in fact in the sets, since it's a minor reference and the costume suits the post-apoc setting reasonably well. That said, if it turns out they're having Margot Robbie voice her instead of Jenny Slate, as was rumored on IMDB, it'll be a bit of a bummer since I prefer the sort of oddball casting from the earlier movies. I'm similarly a bit miffed about Jason Momoa voicing Aquaman, but hold out hopes that the movie might still approach the character in a campier, more "classic" manner than he did in the live action DCCU.

That’s funny I also thought the same of American Ratings :laugh:

Well there were rumours of two Aquamans and they are going to meet each other or something like that.

I think that Harley is real a and she comes in the D2C 

It was reported a while ago that the Harley in this movie was the SQ one

Copperhead and Solomon Grundy were supposed to be in the RC Batmobile; I’m hoping this either fake or Lego changed their mind.

Edited by J4ck

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It was reported a while ago that the Harley in this movie was the SQ one

From what I can remember, her reported roll as shown in at least the SDCC footage amounted to nothing more than a one-line gag referencing the Suicide Squad. :hmpf:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

From what I can remember, her reported roll as shown in at least the SDCC footage amounted to nothing more than a one-line gag referencing the Suicide Squad. :hmpf:

That involve Batman or HQ in any vehicles e.g. mechs,

We are also getting Jonah hills green lantern in a set too! The figure is amazing! It has duel molded legs and arm printing. Overall a great figure! Seems like a d2c or cmf figure

On 12/2/2018 at 4:31 AM, SnakeCharmer said:

Looks like at least two of these sets will be available now/soon. And they are marked as an exclusive in one of the ads.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-The-Movie-Lucy-s-Builder-Box-70833/989572357
https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-The-Movie-Emmet-s-Builder-Box-70832/656407063

Saw them in-store today. The MetalBeard poly as well.