Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

14 hours ago, x105Black said:

Glad to find the pictures.  Now I can prepare my budget ahead of time for the Batman minifigure I want the most.  To be honest, I will likely end up buying the Batman with arm printing on BrickLink.  I don't need the armor, head, or cowl, though, so I will probably buy a few pieces.  It's great to see all the parts up front.  Now I know I just want the torso and legs.

Thanks for the tip!

Likewise. However if he comes with a bat-vehicle bye bye budget. 

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I’m sick of people turning a blind eye so they can cash in their 5 minutes of fame or so they can get pictures early because they’re too impatient to wait. This is so toxic.

While you're ostensibly correct, your behavior and circumstantial attitude regarding this is childlike and frankly a bit ridiculous. This is not that big of a deal to anyone involved, irrespective of whether or not they are a TLG employee, stockroom worker, assembly line attendant, or affiliate. Nor is it an issue to most AFOLs, who are cognizant of the fact that it will continue regardless of their involvement or "buy-in". Implicit in the nature of this fandom and, in a broader sense, this hobby is the fact that unscrupulous folks will attempt to line their proverbial pockets with LEGO products as soon as they are able; it has always drawn large and serious crowds, and it always will. While I am cognizant of the fact that this is morally wrong and deeply offensive to TLG, I am also, in tandem, aware that this is a process that begins in Jiaxing or Shanghai, where TLG produces elements, and that the vast majority of AFOLs do not engage in the process whatsoever.

Even in cases where folks are directly involved, it is absurd to pigeonhole and name-call to any extent, and that is where I begin to draw the line and stick up for my friends. This is a frankly miniscule issue, and it leaves me completely unfazed to hear that you are reporting these folks to the authorities in question. Please be polite, considerate of others, and aware of the fact that "Ninjawhip" and others do not steal anything, in any way, under any circumstances. This is not the place to make enemies.

For what it is worth, I do not personally or socially approve of selling, sharing, or snapping shots of stolen minifigures, but I do not hound or call out those who do engage in such behaviors, because they are adults and are capable of making adult decisions.

-Azani

4 minutes ago, Azani said:

While you're ostensibly correct, your behavior and circumstantial attitude regarding this is childlike and frankly a bit ridiculous. This is not that big of a deal to anyone involved, irrespective of whether or not they are a TLG employee, stockroom worker, assembly line attendant, or affiliate. Nor is it an issue to most AFOLs, who are cognizant of the fact that it will continue regardless of their involvement or "buy-in". Implicit in the nature of this fandom and, in a broader sense, this hobby is the fact that unscrupulous folks will attempt to line their proverbial pockets with LEGO products as soon as they are able; it has always drawn large and serious crowds, and it always will. While I am cognizant of the fact that this is morally wrong and deeply offensive to TLG, I am also, in tandem, aware that this is a process that begins in Jiaxing or Shanghai, where TLG produces elements, and that the vast majority of AFOLs do not engage in the process whatsoever.

Even in cases where folks are directly involved, it is absurd to pigeonhole and name-call to any extent, and that is where I begin to draw the line and stick up for my friends. This is a frankly miniscule issue, and it leaves me completely unfazed to hear that you are reporting these folks to the authorities in question. Please be polite, considerate of others, and aware of the fact that "Ninjawhip" and others do not steal anything, in any way, under any circumstances. This is not the place to make enemies.

For what it is worth, I do not personally or socially approve of selling, sharing, or snapping shots of stolen minifigures, but I do not hound or call out those who do engage in such behaviors, because they are adults and are capable of making adult decisions.

-Azani

Well said. I agree with every word. 

1 hour ago, Azani said:

-Azani

If leaks weren’t a big deal, as you say, why would TLC crack down on them? 

It’s pretty clear leaks damage the company, otherwise we wouldn’t have strict guidelines against them both here & other sites. Leaks are a violation to LEGO. Ethically, it’s not right to steal a minifig or even take pictures of unreleased & unseen minifigs. 

As for the sets themselves, I can’t see why 70830 is priced where it is...$69.99 for a 502 piece set. Meanwhile we have 70829 at $49.99 for 550 pieces.  

Edited by Vindicare

Well this thread has gone downhill fast :tongue:

I don't think it's reasonable to treat Lego leakers like they're involved in some sort of high-profile drug ring. It's really...dare I say, not important? 

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Well this thread has gone downhill fast :tongue:

Quite!  Not just downhill, but off completely topic!

And you made a whole thread to discuss this specific issue.

Back to the topic at hand.  I'm mostly looking forward to Batman's Torso (with arm printing) and Legs, Sweet Mayhem's Hair, the Giraffe Suit, the Pink Spaceman, the Blue Raptors, and Sewer Babies.

Okay. This is SET DISCUSSION for the LEGO MOVIE 2. 

Not anything else.

So give it a rest. Continue you "debate" in the thread Brick Jagger made. 

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

If leaks weren’t a big deal, as you say, why would TLC crack down on them? 

It’s pretty clear leaks damage the company, otherwise we wouldn’t have strict guidelines against them both here & other sites. Leaks are a violation to LEGO. Ethically, it’s not right to steal a minifig or even take pictures of unreleased & unseen minifigs. 

Preach it Brother!!

2 hours ago, SnakeCharmer said:

Looks like at least two of these sets will be available now/soon. And they are marked as an exclusive in one of the ads.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-The-Movie-Lucy-s-Builder-Box-70833/989572357
https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-The-Movie-Emmet-s-Builder-Box-70832/656407063

I wonder whether these will be exclusive to a particular store in the UK.

12 hours ago, Azani said:

I am in no way acting childish, I am speaking my mind and the truth. A lot of what you said is irrelevant content surrounded by big words.

Edited by J4ck

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

I am in no way acting childish, I am speaking my mind and the truth.

Yet you are ignoring my advice to keep on topic and go elsewhere to discuss if leaks are okay or not.

So, now I have directly asked you personally, maybe you will stick to the topic of LEGO Movie2 Sets.

6 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I hope the Sewer Badies are from the D2C as well.

Seriously. I was a bit disappointed not to see any in the sets. Not much from Apocalypseburg to begin with though. 

The LEGO Movie 2 sets are scheduled to release on 26 december.

I remember seeing sets on the shelves before the official release date. Do you think it could be possible to get them before christmas? The sets would be great presents!

It appears that a green baby dinosaur with the same pattern as the blue one will be showing up at some point, judging from a new picture that has popped up online.  I'm guessing that it will be included in the CMF series as an accessory.

9 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

It appears that a green baby dinosaur with the same pattern as the blue one will be showing up at some point, judging from a new picture that has popped up online.  I'm guessing that it will be included in the CMF series as an accessory.

Yeah seen that, I feel like at this point probably one in a CMF series as an accessory for Rex and one in a polybag (if so I hope its a wide release one), but its possible one or both could be in the D2C, but at this point I'm wondering what the D2C set could be if Harley Quinn is included in it since she hasn't been shown in Apocalypseburg but maybe she is at some point and its just really under wraps and kept out of the trailer.

Either way super excited for these sets great builds and figures, really enjoy how diverse these sets are with Minidolls, brick built figures, and minifigures as well as raptors, spaceships, creator house, classic style brick box, great cheap sets that have main characters (don't understand how the Batman and Metalbeard and the Queen Whatevra Wanabi sets are $20 but still nice looking sets) and of course classic space battle pack is outstanding and a must buy in multiples, for a lot of people seeing as how many say they are going to pick up a bunch. 

Well figured out where that blue baby dino comes in, the movie maker set has it in. If you look close at the small version of Rex's Rexplorer! you can see it in the cockpit like in the full size set, crazy it took this long to be spotted lol 

33 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

but at this point I'm wondering what the D2C set could be if Harley Quinn is included in it since she hasn't been shown in Apocalypseburg but maybe she is at some point and its just really under wraps and kept out of the trailer.

I heard that she was in footage from the Systar invasion scene, shown at a convention. Don't remember what convention, but she's in the movie.

The green baby dino could be from the upcoming Jurassic World/Park wave. 

I might be wrong but I think that's too big for a CMF

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The green baby dino could be from the upcoming Jurassic World/Park wave. 

I might be wrong but I think that's too big for a CMF

Its base colour scheme would certainly fit, but the lightning patterns are the same as on the dark blue one :wink: 

We‘ve seen pigs and dolphins in the CMF series, I thus doubt a baby raptor would be too big :laugh:

16 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Yet you are ignoring my advice to keep on topic and go elsewhere to discuss if leaks are okay or not.

So, now I have directly asked you personally, maybe you will stick to the topic of LEGO Movie2 Sets.

Someone responded to my truthful statement so I was just finishing up. I’ve said my piece so it’s up to other people to make the morally right decisions now.

9 hours ago, Wesley D said:

The LEGO Movie 2 sets are scheduled to release on 26 december.

I remember seeing sets on the shelves before the official release date. Do you think it could be possible to get them before christmas? The sets would be great presents!

OOooh!  I hope that they're included in the after-Christmas sales that Voldemart & Target usually have, since my budget is going to be rather tight for the foreseeable future due to needing some serious dental work done.....