Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Blah. They should have kept that spoiler-tastic Sweet Mayhem set under wraps and given us the damn CMF reveal.

What spoiler? Actually I don't want to know.

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Such great sets, I think it’s a pity giving these sets so high prices and prevent people who may not be able to afford all the sets they want to have...

Most sets don't look crazy overpriced, outside of the Suitcases.

Edited by TeriXeri

There was a leaked image a couple weeks back that I'm trying to find again but I'm having trouble.  Maybe someone can help me dig it up?

It showed that you can combine the escape buggy set with the ultrakatty set to create a spiked/ultra buggy.

I believe it was an official image from the back or the side of a box.  It had a buggy picture with a plus sign and an ultrakatty pic and an equal sign that showed the ultra buggy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by lego the hutt

6gAMVSw.jpg

Did some math on these sets. Price per brick is a good indicator of the value of the set, although it does not tell the whole story. Number of minifigures also helps, and some sets have more large parts than others.

7-8 cents per brick is really good. 14 or so tends to behigh. 10-12 seems to be about average for licensed sets. I don't include Unikitty or Metalbeards in the minifigure counts. and some sets have characters made from other bricks.

Your mileage may vary.

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

@Digger of Bricks I need your expert opinion please. Is 70834 (MetalBeard’s Motor trike) classed as Diesel Punk? Pirate Punk? Maybe even Steam Punk?

Hmmm, I'd guess it really wouldn't fit into either the Steampunk or Dieselpunk genres, as its color scheme immediately calls into mind many Steampunk MOCs, yet it sports what looks like an internal-combustion engine. Granted, it does look it there's a small smokestack sitting right behind Metalbeard, but behind that there are exhaust pipes too. :sceptic:

So, I'd roughly classify it as a sort of hodge-podge, post-apocalyptic Pirate-Punk ride of sorts, which is pretty much what Metalbeard and his Sea Cow would be classified under too.

I'll be getting Emmet's Dream House, as I'm always interested in good parts packs for houses, but will pass on the rest.

Nice gesture to give Classic Space fans a minifig pack btw, thumbs up for that.

looooove the classic space dudes :wub: aaaaand a new color too :blush:

gotta get me a couple of these :blush:

8 minutes ago, snefroe said:

looooove the classic space dudes :wub: aaaaand a new color too :blush:

gotta get me a couple of these :blush:

Given how many people are saying this sorta thing let's hope LEGO's got sufficient stock!

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, I'd guess it really wouldn't fit into either the Steampunk or Dieselpunk genres, as its color scheme immediately calls into mind many Steampunk MOCs, yet it sports what looks like an internal-combustion engine. Granted, it does look it there's a small smokestack sitting right behind Metalbeard, but behind that there are exhaust pipes too. :sceptic:

So, I'd roughly classify it as a sort of hodge-podge, post-apocalyptic Pirate-Punk ride of sorts, which is pretty much what Metalbeard and his Sea Cow would be classified under too.

The colour scheme definitely reminded me of Steampunk MOCs, I had a similar thought process with the engines as well, I guess Pirate Punk hodge lodge it is!

Thanks for your reply btw @Digger of Bricks

On 11/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, MicroJow said:

Since there is no guessing game for TLM2 collectible minifigures, can we toss out our predictions in this thread?

Based on the trailer, a few rumors, the CMF set from the first movie and my personal wishes, I'll predict...

Lucy as Popsinger

If I had to guess, I'd say Lucy with the hood and the googles on is likely (first close-up in the first trailer). But at this point I'm thiking there will be like 3 Lucy in the series

Just a small thought: the plain tan ground in the box art for the Apocalypseburg sets looks a lot like the plain tan ground in the box art for the 1980s space sets, and the purplish ground in the box art for the sets with Rex Dangervest looks like the purplish ground in the box art for the 1990s space sets.  Is that an intentional reference to old space sets? Probably not.  It just made me smile, that's all.

3 hours ago, icm said:

Just a small thought: the plain tan ground in the box art for the Apocalypseburg sets looks a lot like the plain tan ground in the box art for the 1980s space sets, and the purplish ground in the box art for the sets with Rex Dangervest looks like the purplish ground in the box art for the 1990s space sets.  Is that an intentional reference to old space sets? Probably not.  It just made me smile, that's all.

Knowing Lego, it probably is an intentional reference.

On 7/14/2018 at 3:39 AM, spiderfan2000 said:

The sets all look great!  The quality of the builds look well above average and look accurate to what was shown in the trailer.  I question if $70 for the Sweet Mayhem's ship is accurate though.  That seems like a somewhat high price considering the build size and small selection of minifigures.  It still looks like an excellent set either way.  I can't wait to see what else is in store for this theme!

Note that minidolls seem to be more expensive to make. We get fewer of them in Friends/Elves sets.  (and that is a very elaborate minidoll)

Edited by Sarah

On 10/1/2018 at 11:09 AM, Nexogeek said:

Wonder if their will be any TLM2 related McDonald's happy meal gift, if so I wonder if it will be the same trend of non lego toys and cups or if they will finally break the recent trend... man I remember as a kid those racers polybags they had wish they would do something simple 4-6 piece brick based toy

Our family could use more of those Lego cups. We still have the original Lego movie ones and they are holding up much better than other similar cups.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, Robert8 said:

But at this point I'm thiking there will be like 3 Lucy in the series

3 Lucys in the series? *huh* I wonder what new characters we will get or what other Master builders will come with TLM2 series. Perhaps a sewer baby in the series too?