Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

22 minutes ago, MicroJow said:

Since there is no guessing game for TLM2 collectible minifigures, can we toss out our predictions in this thread?

Based on the trailer, a few rumors, the CMF set from the first movie and my personal wishes, I'll predict...

Emmet with headphones

Emmet with drawn-on stubble / smeared stubble

Lucy as Popsinger

Batman in Tuxedo

Rex with baby Raptor

Cowboy Rex

Apocalypseburg Larry the Barista

Apocalypseburg Ms. Scratch'n Post

Apocalypseburg Surfer Dave

Giraffe Suit Person

Slice of Pizza Suit Person

Dorothy with Toto

Scarecrow

Tin Man

Cowardly Lion

Cleaned Up Benny with non-cracked helmet

Glittery Superman

Glittery Green Lantern

Sewer Baby Pack 1

Sewer Baby Pack 2

The WoO stuff sounds almost too good to be true, as do the Sewer Baby packs. We'll get an SB as a CMF accessory for sure, but I fear that they'll save most of them for the DTC set.

Still, not much I wouldn't buy from that list.

7 hours ago, Borex said:

Oh man. That Benny family pack. I definitely buy that. Makes me wonder though if there will be a Denny and Penny as well, because we need that red and black suit as well. 

Fingers crossed! I'd happily also buy a pack with Denny, Penny and Renny. And maybe a "clean / new" version of Benny.

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

The introduction of a new, “unbroken” mold for the classic-style helmet does come with the not insignificant probability of being used more in the future, both in the Lego movie theme (which could potentially have more spacemen and women in the CMFs or the summer wave) and outside it (in the potential promos or other themes you mention). There have been plenty of Classic Space throwbacks over the years, and now future ones will no longer have to make do with the newer more rounded helmets.

Well, I hope we'll see the mold recolored in Green and Light Bluish Grey to accommodate the past two additions to the Classic Spaceman rooster. :classic:

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm pretty certain that this wave's Rexplorer is supposed to be a scaled down version of that. I think. It's possible that Rex owns two spaceships. 

Side note: according to a character bio on TBB, that ship is actually named 'Rexcelsior'. A better Lego Movie tribute to Stan Lee I could not imagine.

If that "fist-ship" goes by the name of Rexcelsior, than a ship by a different name shouldn't be the same vessel. If anything, the "Rexplorer" may be Rexcelsior's shuttlecraft.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

They really ought to start doing classic space-type stuff in the Creator line.

Can we get an AMEN for this from anybody else here?! :thumbup: :smug:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Could there be an extra classic spaceman there? Maybe a purple one?

Hmmm, well, given the nature of this sequel, I think a Purple Classic Spaceman seems more likely than other possibilities as a potential CMF.

2 hours ago, MicroJow said:

Since there is no guessing game for TLM2 collectible minifigures, can we toss out our predictions in this thread?

Paging @Itaria No Shintaku, paging @Itaria No Shintaku...

How popular is the Unikitty show? Do you think the show is popular enough to get Puppycorn in a set?

Just like Unikitty became Ultrakatty, maybe Puppycorn became UltraPuppy? lol

My thoughts:

70822 Unikitty's Sweetest Friends EVER!: Very cute, i'm most likely gonna get this. I like the chocolate a lot, the ice cream is great and two new Unikitty faces? Count me in!

70823 Emmet's Tricycle!: This is such an unusual set.. I LOVE IT! The DUPLO Alien is great, the small gas station is nice and the tricycle itself is AWESOME! I NEED IT!!

70824 Introducing Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi: I like that both minifigs and minidolls are included. This is most likely the best way to get Sweet Mayhem and the Queen Whatevra horse form is very nice. The banana guy is pretty creepy tho. And i wonder what's with that Susan..

70825 Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi's Build Whatever Box: A must pick for me, since i am a fan of Queen Whatevra. Of course, if i manage to find it at least a bit cheaper..

70826 Rex's Rextreme Offroader: It's good, but not my type of set. Might pick this up eventually, but definetly not one of the first sets i'd buy

70827 Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy!: My second most favorite set of this wave! I'm definetly getting this!! The minifigs are kinda lacking here, but the DUPLO Alien and Ultrakatty make it up for them. And the smiling Ultrakatty face is adorable!

70828 Pop-Up Party Bus: Not really.. It's got nice colors but not gonna get it.

70829 Emmet and Lucy's Escape Buggy: I really like Sharkina, but that's about it. Not really interesting..

70830 Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship!: I like this much more then the Party Bus. It's great and i might get it  on a discount. (If it will ever be on one)

70831 Emmet's Dreamhouse/ Rescue Rocket: This is my favorite of the wave! I love it! The house? Love it! The minifigs? Love them! The Rocket? Love it a lot!  Apocalypseburg Unikitty? LOVE IT! Sleeping Apocalypseburg Unikitty? LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

70832 and 70833 Builder Boxes: Yeah, they are kinda appealing, but very overpriced IMO.

70834 Metalbeard's Heavy Metal Motor Trike!: I like this one, but not sure about buying it, since i like the Metalbeard from 70836 a lot more and Sweet Mayhem can be found in other sets, that i like better. However, Benny is a very good addition.

70835 Rex's Rexplorer: Meh. I like the plant aliens, but nah. Not gonna get this.

70836 Battle-Ready Batman and Metalbeard: My third most favorite set! The spider Metalbeard is frickin' cool, Batman looks badass as heck and the civilian is good.

70837 Benny's Space Squad: I am, officially, the first and most likely last person, who doesn't like this set. I am pretty young, so it doesn't give me nostalgia and the figures are all the same except differently colored (except for Benny)

70820 The LEGO Movie Maker: Very good. DUPLO Aliens, Emmet's face and a mini-Ultrakatty! Also, another variant of Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi.

I don't like the 3+ or the DUPLO sets very much. 

So, my favorites, that i want to get so bad are Emmet's Dreamhouse/ Rescue Rocket, Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy, Unikitty's Sweetest Friends EVER, Emmet's Tricycle, The LEGO Movie Maker, Introducing Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi, Battle-Ready Batman and Metalbeard and Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi's Build Whatever Box. The sets i MIGHT get are Metalbeard's Heavy Metal Motor Trike, Rex's Rextreme Offrader and Sweet Mayhem's Sistar Starship. Not a bad wave at all! I am really looking forward to the CMF series and the future waves!! 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

How popular is the Unikitty show? Do you think the show is popular enough to get Puppycorn in a set?

Just like Unikitty became Ultrakatty, maybe Puppycorn became UltraPuppy? lol

Puppycorn's in the trailer, so it's possible we'll see him in a set, but I doubt he'll be anything but Puppycorn.

1 hour ago, obsidianheart said:

Puppycorn's in the trailer, so it's possible we'll see him in a set, but I doubt he'll be anything but Puppycorn.

Having watched the entire first season, I can't see him being anything more then regular Puppycorn, in the show he doesn't have any built up anger issues like Unikitty. Also an idea if the Unikitty show is part of the universe maybe after the destruction of Cloud Cuckoo Land she goes on to form Unikingdom and maybe in TLM Puppycorn never existed he is her little brother after-all. Can't wait to see the movie from the trailers and sets it looks amazing. 

23 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Or maybe even a Renny :grin:

Oooooooooh *oh2* 

Ok Renny Red, Penny black, Denny green and stanny with ropes and sunglasses. 

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Ok Renny Red, Penny black, Denny green and stanny with ropes and sunglasses. 

And then Glenny purple, Fenny teal, Wenny white, and Nebby beige/yellow with a blue head.

10 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

And then Glenny purple, Fenny teal, Wenny white, and Nebby beige/yellow with a blue head.

Nebby. Good one. XD

Don't forget flesh-coloured Menny. 

I'm just popping in after seeing the images on the shoplego.com site and, haven't read all 28 pages of this topic, but I wanted to weigh in.

All the sets except the Duplo set are on my must have list.

I hope we get a good minfigure set (I am sure we will, but haven't seen it yet.)

Did everybody notice that the queens name is "Watevra Wa'Nabi" as in "Whatever you want to be"?

Do we think this is all the sets? I don't see a really big one like the SeaCow.

I am wondering if the plot will be about the clash between Finn going into his "dark Phase" while his sister is just starting to get out of Duplo into "real" Lego.

Edited by turk187
one more idea.

44 minutes ago, turk187 said:

I hope we get a good minfigure set (I am sure we will, but haven't seen it yet.)

Do we think this is all the sets? I don't see a really big one like the SeaCow.

Good minifigure set? What do you call Introducing Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi? (Also, it's Whatever I wanna be, not 'you'.)

And I think that this wave is similar to the Lego Batman Movie's first wave, with them saving the really big sets for the second and third waves. 

But Lego has also learned from its mistake with the Ninjago Movie of making too many big sets and not enough small ones - seriously, in the end I only had enough budget for six Ninjago Movie sets, and two of those were the tiny Training and Ninjago City Chase sets - and is instead going to the opposite extreme with a wave consisting mostly of small to medium sets with only a couple of large ones. 

To be honest, out of the two really big ones both the Rexplorer and the Party Bus are easy passes for me - if there actually is a set of that giant fist-shaped ship, the Rexcelsior, then the Rexplorer will be all sorts of redundant, and the Party Bus is cool but will ultimately just be a waste of space in my layout. I'm probably going to save my money for the inevitable Apocalypseberg Statue of Liberty D2C.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Good minifigure set? What do you call Introducing Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi? (Also, it's Whatever I wanna be, not 'you'.)

I meant a Minifigure collection series, the blind bags.

Why aren’t my pictures embedding :damn:

Anyway interesting picture here:

https://flic.kr/p/2c25zuy

General Mayhem has pink skin and blue hair.

20 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Woke up to some great news by way of the Speed Champions leaks. Where are those TLM2 CMF pics, LEGO? 

These days they’re a month before the release date, you got another month yet.

I’m very doubtful that all the Wizard of Oz characters will be in the CMF, I bet a couple of them will be in the summer sets to spread them out a bit.

Edited by J4ck
1700 Posts!

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I call it a set that shouldn't be 19.99$. Especially for 115 pieces 

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

These days they’re a month before the release date, you got another month yet.

Blah. They should have kept that spoiler-tastic Sweet Mayhem set under wraps and given us the damn CMF reveal.

There are some amazing sets here but to be honest, most of the prices are just too high in my opinion. That’s quite disappointing because there are sets that would have made great part packs and sets with some sweet builds and minifigs/minidolls. Too bad, Lego does the contrary of what they should do to appeal to more people. At least there are some sets with great builds like Rex’s Rexplorer, Emmet and Lucy’s Escape Buggy, Pop-Up Party Bus (I bet @Digger of Bricks would have bought this even if the price was 300$) and Benny’s Space Squad (thanks god it’s only 10$ and is incredibly worth its price). Such great sets, I think it’s a pity giving these sets so high prices and prevent people who may not be able to afford all the sets they want to have...

Edited by LegoModularFan