Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

18 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The TLM1 sets could fit some scenarios, like a city one. These can't. These do not blend at all with any theme a kid has, they seem just random pieces put all together.

I understand this point of practical usefulness. But in the actual story setting, randomness is indeed what the movie stands for, Pretty much depends on how many people would buy the sets just for their love for the film.

17 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The Duplo Emmet and Lucy are ADORABLE, but right now I think it'd be a surprise (albeit not an unpleasant one) to see them in the movie itself, except perhaps in a dream sequence/imagine spot. Seems mostly like just a compromise to include a few major LEGO Movie characters in a Duplo set without compromising the toddler-level safety and simplicity that is practically the whole point of Duplo.

It should note that this seems to be the very first pair of yellow skin Duplo figures as well as Duplo figures based on non-licensed LEGO themes. But after a second look, the figures still show that they're mimicking minifigures' shape and design on purpose. A regular Duplo head (in the standard of recent years) should be more spherical, the face should have real nose and own art of eyes. And also non-licensed Duplo figures still use natural skin colors over yellow, I don't think the following Duplo sets would change that.

Wyldstyle might have been like: :tongue:

PW88hJL.jpg
Yeah, so to answer the question, they do look more like redesigns for realworld Duplo customers than relating to the plot.

As for minidolls it's been more noted that yellow is not part of their natural skin color. I might add that only if they could include a dark tan head for Melody.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If you ask me, I find her name to be suspiciously simplistic... :shrug_confused:

With a second thought, Susan's role looks like a subordinate to the queen so that explains her face not too cheerful.

Well we know all the names are given by kids in realworld, so they can only be too simple or too weird XD.

But talking about substitution for Disney princesses, I would say this could have been a proper chance to bring back Belville which include the first known LEGO's original princess story theme. It reminds that we also haven't seen more likely new master builders (not counting Benny's squad) in the current lineup.

Edited by Dorayaki

Does anyone figure that we could see this as a set for the presumed second wave?

Rex Dangervest's Starship/Freighter from The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part Trailer

Edited by Digger of Bricks

If only they had included Benny with a helmet that wasn't broken and a torso that wasn't scratched in set 70841!

In set 70834 he has gotten even more damaged, so I think it would have been nice to have him before his impairing adventures, offering us blue spacemen along with the yellow, white and pink ones!

1 hour ago, Wesley D said:

If only they had included Benny with a helmet that wasn't broken and a torso that wasn't scratched in set 70841!

I'd imagine we could see a non-damaged, Bright Blue Classic Spaceman with the new helmet in a potential promotional set outside of the The Lego Movie's line of sets. Other possibilities could include a commemorative CMF, or perhaps within a Creator Three-in-One set (I wish).

32 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'd imagine we could see a non-damaged, Bright Blue Classic Spaceman with the new helmet in a potential promotional set outside of the The Lego Movie's line of sets. Other possibilities could include a commemorative CMF, or perhaps within a Creator Three-in-One set (I wish).

The introduction of a new, “unbroken” mold for the classic-style helmet does come with the not insignificant probability of being used more in the future, both in the Lego movie theme (which could potentially have more spacemen and women in the CMFs or the summer wave) and outside it (in the potential promos or other themes you mention). There have been plenty of Classic Space throwbacks over the years, and now future ones will no longer have to make do with the newer more rounded helmets.

Oh man. That Benny family pack. I definitely buy that. Makes me wonder though if there will be a Denny and Penny as well, because we need that red and black suit as well. 

Most sets look like real fun. Good, zany, creative. I like the whole theme-overlapping (duplo-friends-regular lego) vibe, which gives me an urge to just use bricks and build something. 

The pop-up disco bus is awesome and the heels on unikitty fabulous. Very well designed! And the spaceship we’ve seen earlier is so neatly retro

Things i’d like to own are the dino’s (such a sweet color scheme), the real small heart piece (which is in mayhem’s hand), and some other neat pieces. 

On insta there were a few stills from the movie including a giraffe minifig. I’d like to see that one in the cmf series. 

Are the names on Lenny and Jenny swapped? Or is the movie subverting the stereotype of pink being for girls and having a male be the pink space man? I could totally see them doing that and having some funny on screen interactions bc of it.

11 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Are the names on Lenny and Jenny swapped? Or is the movie subverting the stereotype of pink being for girls and having a male be the pink space man? I could totally see them doing that and having some funny on screen interactions bc of it.

Names are correct. It’s a nice subversion, especially considering they’re all classic smiley figs with no real sexually identifying characteristics.

40 minutes ago, Borex said:

Oh man. That Benny family pack. I definitely buy that. Makes me wonder though if there will be a Denny and Penny as well, because we need that red and black suit as well. 

Or maybe even a Renny :grin:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Does anyone figure that we could see this as a set for the presumed second wave?

Rex Dangervest's Starship/Freighter from The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part Trailer

I'm pretty certain that this wave's Rexplorer is supposed to be a scaled down version of that. I think. It's possible that Rex owns two spaceships. 

Side note: according to a character bio on TBB, that ship is actually named 'Rexcelsior'. A better Lego Movie tribute to Stan Lee I could not imagine.

6 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

I understand this point of practical usefulness. But in the actual story setting, randomness is indeed what the movie stands for, Pretty much depends on how many people would buy the sets just for their love for the film.

But talking about substitution for Disney princesses, I would say this could have been a proper chance to bring back Belville which include the first known LEGO's original princess story theme. It reminds that we also haven't seen more likely new master builders (not counting Benny's squad) in the current lineup.

Amen. Randomness is awesome. 

Well, I'd assume that they don't want to make any sets that spoil the movie any more than they have to. I mean, look at what we have so far. We have a bunch of Apocalypseburg-themed stuff that'll probably all be over within the first ten minutes of the movie, two sets with Whatevra Wa'Nabi, both of which are representative of little more than what you see in the trailer, the spaceships, all of which we've seen already in the trailers. The only things that constitute possible spoilers in this set lineup are;

1. The fact that Rex owns an off-road car as well as a spaceship, (which is about as minor as spoilers get). 

2. That Owen and Rex are going to come up against 'Plantimals' at some point, probably on their way to the Sistarr System.

3. That the 'Pop-Up Party Bus' is a thing, which I highly doubt will be anything more than an overbuilt joke.

4: And that Emmet's latest big idea is a three-wheeled unicycle. 

I assume that we'll get more sets with more spoiler-y elements in 2HY. 

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The question is, will we eventually see a Bright Red Classic Spaceman by the name of Renny? :wink:

If we do I won't take FULL credit for it, I'll just take, like 100% of that credit. :tongue:

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm pretty certain that this wave's Rexplorer is supposed to be a scaled down version of that. I think. It's possible that Rex owns two spaceships. 

Side note: according to a character bio on TBB, that ship is actually named 'Rexcelsior'. A better Lego Movie tribute to Stan Lee I could not imagine.

I was tempted to agree (that the Rexplorer set is the feasible version of what's depicted), but that picture shows a ship in the shape of a fist, which the set itself doesn't even approximate.

Edited by GregoryBrick

All the revealed sets look pretty great!  I'm not really interested in the Movie Maker or 4+ sets, and I'm undecided on the DUPLO set.  As for the others:

70822 Unikitty's Sweetest Friends EVER!: I'm definitely buying this one.  It has some very fun little builds for the price.

70823 Emmet's Thricycle!: I also plan on buying this one for the sheer ridiculousness of the main build, as well as the DUPLO alien.

70824 Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi:  Also a fun little set with a good selection of figures.  I've heard different sources report this set's price as either being $9.99 or $19.99.  If it's $9.99, I'll certainly buy it right away.  If it's $19.99, I'll likely wait until I can find it for a lower price.

70825 Queen Watevra's Build Whatever Box!:  No idea what to think of this set at the moment.  Maybe this set will seem more appealing after I see the movie when it comes out.

70826 Rex's Rex-treme Offroader:  This set looks nice, with the blue raptor being a highlight.  I'll probably buy it at some point.

70827 Ultrakitty & Warrior Lucy!: This is another definite purchase for me.  The giant Unikitty build looks great, and the DUPLO alien is a nice addition.

70828 Pop-Up Party Bus:  This set also looks nice with a unique Unikitty variant, though the figure selection seems a bit low for the price.  I might buy it if I can get it at a discount.

70829 Emmet and Lucy's Escape Buggy!: Undecided on this one at the moment.  It has some interesting features, but it feels a bit overshadowed by some of the other sets.

70830 Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship!: This set looks great, but the price and minifigure selection are rather disappointing.  I'll likely buy it, but not at full price.

70831 Emmet's Dream House / Rescue Rocket:  This set looks very fun with the alternate builds and the Rex and Unikitty variants included.  This is one I'll very likely buy.

70834 Metalbeard's Heavy Metal Motor Trike:  The design of this set looks pretty cool, though the price seems a bit high and the figure selection seems rather lacking.  Undecided on this one.

70835 Rex's Rexplorer:  Another cool set with a lacking figure selection, though the raptors make up for that quite a bit.  I might buy this one if I like the movie a lot, though probably not at full price.

70836 Battle-Ready Batman and Metalbeard:  As a big Batman fan, I'm almost certainly going to buy this set, if only to put the Apocalypse Batman next to my LEGO Batman Movie Batsuit collection.

70841 Benny's Space Squad:  $10 for this?  I'm definitely buying this set on sight!

Overall, the sets look very fun and playable, but most of the larger sets feel rather light on minifigures for the price point.  I'm guessing this is because other characters and variants from the movie were presumably held back from this wave so they could show up for the CMF series, D2C, and future waves.  Hopefully the minifigure selection for the sets in this theme will improve later on after the movie is released.

From what I've reading on social networks, the Benny Squad set will sell like hot cakes. 

I've seen several people saying they will buy +10 copies of the set

Just now, Robert8 said:

From what I've reading on social networks, the Benny Squad set will sell like hot cakes. 

Maybe LEGO will take notes, I'd be good to get a Non-licenced space theme again!

I think they already know and that's why Benny returned in this movie now with a whole gang

Any theories on why Lloyd is missing? 

Could he be a part of a promo set?

Just now, Robert8 said:

Any theories on why Lloyd is missing? 

Could he be a part of a promo set?

Could be anywhere really. Maybe D2C, maybe wave 2, maybe CMF, maybe retail exclusive, maybe fake news.

9 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Maybe LEGO will take notes, I'd be good to get a Non-licenced space theme again!

They really ought to start doing classic space-type stuff in the Creator line.

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

3 classic-style Space Men for $10USD? Yeah, I can see folks scooping them up.

Ugh I hope Lloyd wont be a CMF, but considering he is a re-release I think it's unlikely

By the way, the CMF line has to be packed with wastelanders, right?

We know the main characters have to be there but most of the core cast are not actual minifigures (Metalbeard, Queen whatever, Sweet Mayhem, Unikitty, etc) and there are 20 spots.

Emmet, Lucy and Rex and totally going to there and maybe even with more than 1 variant. 

Could there be an extra classic spaceman there? Maybe a purple one?

Also Lord Business and Bad/Good cop could be a nice surprise but the third wave seems more like a better place for that . 

What else could it be in the CMF line? Another Benny? Mad Max versions of Gail and Larry? 

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

What else could it be in the CMF line? Another Benny? Mad Max versions of Gail and Larry? 

Normal Robot arm Benny isn't in any of the sets so he's likely gonna be in the CMF line with a unique expression and accessory 

Since there is no guessing game for TLM2 collectible minifigures, can we toss out our predictions in this thread?

Based on the trailer, a few rumors, the CMF set from the first movie and my personal wishes, I'll predict...

Emmet with headphones

Emmet with drawn-on stubble / smeared stubble

Lucy as Popsinger

Batman in Tuxedo

Rex with baby Raptor

Cowboy Rex

Apocalypseburg Larry the Barista

Apocalypseburg Ms. Scratch'n Post

Apocalypseburg Surfer Dave

Giraffe Suit Person

Slice of Pizza Suit Person

Dorothy with Toto

Scarecrow

Tin Man

Cowardly Lion

Cleaned Up Benny with non-cracked helmet

Glittery Superman

Glittery Green Lantern

Sewer Baby Pack 1

Sewer Baby Pack 2

Rex's Big Ship is shaped like a fist because he's a master wrecker, according to the Brothers Brick Blog.