Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

43 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I am loving the space set with the new pink classic space fig. Although it looks like the other guy is Bright Light Orange rather than proper yellow, what was LEGO thinking there? :(

Why it's most likely proper yellow, why wouldn't you prefer it in bright light orange?

I don't know if they went for one of the 5 genuine classic space helmets, or if it's a reinforced look-alike (most likely). In any case, and because the logo is printed a tad too high, it would be nice to get all colors, for consistency. Especially a black one. I love yellow Benny since it's the first one I ever got, but it's also the most common, while it's hard to get our hands on black ones. And of course, green Benny still needs a proper helmet.

So I would have preferred a black one instead of a blue Benny, but hey, we wouldn't have had this without the movie, so that's the price to pay I guess..

Still the best set Lego has ever released. And I like that yellow Benny has a green light attached to his BUTT.

BUTT.jpg

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Wow, apart from the benny's set, these are literally of interest to me. 
Which makes 1HY 2019 the wortst I've ever seen since the LEGO Dark Ages.
No pirates/space/agents/castle/western - like themes.
Ninjago is rebooting / time traveling so, old stuff, already seen, no interest.
City sets are really meh.
These... are horrible. Really. I just like the Benny set because that is PURE FANSERVICE which I happen to like.

I'm sorry, I expect more from TLG, I'll pass through all of 1HY but the benny set and the elite guards SW battlepack for parts.

I hate to be a downer but I feel the exact same way. I was really exited for this wave, but almost every single set here is disappointing. Don't get me wrong, they're mostly creative and I appreciate how Lego is trying to go off the beaten path with this theme, but it's basically the main heroes from the original, a bunch of poorly-constructed MOCs, and exactly two villains of note, and one of them is literally just a pile of bricks. It's like they ratcheted up the "random" aspect of the original movie to ten, and in doing so ended up sucking most of the charm out.

The saving grace, however, is Benny's space team. That set is absolutely perfect and I'm glad that the Space fans finally get a bone thrown their way. Hopefully the moonbase I see in the background turns into a set as well.

Now in regards to the complete and utter lack of historical stuff...there may just be a reason for that. I don't want to sound too hopeful, but maybe it's because there's a new historical theme launching next summer that Lego doesn't want any January sets to interfere with? Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts are only getting four sets total next year, so it's definitely not a huge block to a regular Castle theme. :classic:

A lot of the new sets have been leaked, I'm interested in what will happen.

There does seem to be the introduction of a new main character?

And there are also Blue velociraptors, lasers, and laser blue velociraptors...

4 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

So the back of the box for 70841 gives new space guys all have names

White-Jenny

Yellow-Kenny

Pink-Lenny

If Kenny doesn't die in the movie, that would be a missed opportunity.

31 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

A lot of the new sets have been leaked, I'm interested in what will happen.

There does seem to be the introduction of a new main character?

And there are also Blue velociraptors, lasers, and laser blue velociraptors...

Those aren't leaks. They've been officially revealed with the trailer. And that character is Rex Dangervest, galaxy-defending-archaeologist-cowboy-raptor trainer, voiced by Chris Pratt.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

Keep in mind this is wave 1 of the TLM2 and based on the pattern of the other Lego movies, will probably have 2 more waves, 1-2 CMFs and a D2C.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I like the Dream House (although it is undersized and seems a little overpriced) and, like everyone else, the Space Squad!

I'm still intrigued by the Systar Spaceship and now the Party Bus, but I don't think they're really for me. Maybe with a decent discount.

So, the Sewer Babies are presumed to come in the rumoured (?) Brickpocalypse Statue of Liberty D2C?

Love that they’re making the main characters available in cheaper sets this time around, especially Metal Beard. I’m sure Mayhem will be available in a cheaper set next wave. And Rex will probably be in an even cheaper set similar to the Double Decker Couch set for the first movie.

$10 packs are great for all ages. All the sets look fun, wacky, and super playable for kids. Excited for the movie. 

That said, the only sets I can see myself picking up are The Batman/Metal Beard one and the Benny battle pack ofc.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

I hate to be a downer but I feel the exact same way. I was really exited for this wave, but almost every single set here is disappointing. Don't get me wrong, they're mostly creative and I appreciate how Lego is trying to go off the beaten path with this theme, but it's basically the main heroes from the original, a bunch of poorly-constructed MOCs, and exactly two villains of note, and one of them is literally just a pile of bricks. It's like they ratcheted up the "random" aspect of the original movie to ten, and in doing so ended up sucking most of the charm out.

Sorry you feel that way. This wave was never going to be for everyone (even though they covered a lot). Oh well, your wallet is gonna be reeeally happy this year :classic:.

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

I’m sure Mayhem will be available in a cheaper set next wave.

She's in the Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi set, which should be cheap-ish.

13 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Sorry you feel that way. This wave was never going to be for everyone (even though they covered a lot). Oh well, your wallet is gonna be reeeally happy this year :classic:.

yeah that set is only £18 which is incredible considering there are 5 characters in the set

I will likely get a vast majority of the sets and I feel the supposed big store exclusive set will centred around batman maybe a massive vehicle or huge apocalyptic batcave which would make sense as he only appears in that £18 set with metalbeard so far  but understandable why no vehicles for him yet due to all the lego batman movie sets they brought out

I don't understand peoples disappointments in the sets as they seem great to me maybe there saving the best ones for summer they usually do

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I do not get why people are hating on these sets, I think they're all amazing. 

Personal standouts/must-buys for me are Introducing Queen Whatevra Wa'Navi, Rex's Rextreme Off-roader, Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy, Battle-Ready Batman and Metalbeard, Benny's Space Squad (of course!) and more than any other; Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket. I think the House/Rocket is like the Green Ninja Mech Dragon for this movie; it's eponymous, an instant classic and every collector needs to have it as just an incredibly valuable piece of this movie. (Also, the fact that it's super easy to put in a town layout doesn't hurt.)

It might be out of my budget, but I also find the two big sets of the line, the Rexplorer and the Pop-Up Party Bus, are pretty amazing and I definitely wouldn't say no to getting one or both. 

One thing bothers me, though; Batman is only in one set. Can that possibly be right? Will he have a much smaller role in this movie? Or are there more sets in the first wave that we haven't seen yet?

i agree they are all great heck im tempted to get them all as my only 2 focus themes for next year is lego movie 2 and ninjago and its stupid for people to say lego has gone back to the dark times just because they don't like the sets

i also think the 2 rex centred sets have a very 90s theme feel to them

Wow, there's a lot here to take in. Loving the all the Apocalypseburg and Rex sets, and that bus is funny for the BootsyKitty. The Juniors and Duplo sets are weird, and the Queen Watevra set is a bit... jumbled.

1 hour ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Oh wow I missed that :blush: Thats quite a deal. Definitely added to my list now

NINETEEN SETS?!!! :oh3: That's just waaaay to much to take in... :wacko:

Well, crap, I really don't know where to start with this mindblowing overload of my mental hard drive. For as much of a delight the two Benny-centric playsets are (for reasons of Classic Space, of course), this wave's standout set has to be the Pop-Up Party Bus and all its Trans-Purple/Vibrant Coral goodies. :drool: Rex's Rexplorer is also pretty darn impressive, as I'm particularly digging its dual Trans-Light Blue X-Wing canopy recolors and those sick-looking raptors! :thumbup: :smug: Also, I can especially appreciate Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket for its Creator-esque Two-in-One dynamic. 

10 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

Just not sure what Susan's role is, she looks kinda like a parody of Disney Princess minidoll which wants to make up for the loss that Disney franchises cannot participate in LEGO films :tongue:.

If you ask me, I find her name to be suspiciously simplistic... :shrug_confused:

9 hours ago, icm said:

Speaking of Classic Space, I think the two little CS-style spaceships in these sets are a much better fit with the 1979-1987 sets than the Benny Spaceship from TLM1.  I think I'd rather have two little CS-style spaceships that really fit in than a big ship that doesn't, and I'm happy to see that the big spaceship in the line is something as patently absurd and creative as a dropship piloted by two velociraptors.

I'm so very happy for @danth regarding the new ol' style helmet molds; but, as far as their spacecraft go, I am somewhat let down by their simplicity, as I was hoping for something larger in the hopes of obtaining some more Trans-Yellow canopy recolors as a result. I suppose the four plus set with Emmet did reintroduce the iconic six-wide windshield in that color, but still... :def_shrug:

6 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

So the back of the box for 70841 gives new space guys all have names

White-Jenny

Yellow-Kenny

Pink-Lenny

The question is, will we eventually see a Bright Red Classic Spaceman by the name of Renny? :wink:

5 hours ago, danth said:

Also that space ship with the trans-purple canopies! Super dope!

And such big ones too... :oh:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Oh boy. Lots of sets so let's go through this all

Unikitty Sweetest Friends Ever! - Nice set full of cool designs, I especially love the chocolate bar and Ice Cream. But not really a set made for me. 

Benny's Space Squad - Ahhyyy!! So many space figures for $10! This is more my style. 

Emmett's Thricycle! - The figures you can get in others so there nothing special. I like how the build is rather quite detailed. The gas pump and parking spot look great. I do think the main thing is a little too weird for my taste. 

Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi - All the figures here are great, and cheap too if you don't want to spend that much. But the builds are cute and nothing else to me. 

Battle-ready Batman and MetalBeard - Battle-ready Batman is fantastic! Best figure of the wave probably. The builds in the set though are lacking IMO. 

Rex's Rex-treme Offroader! - Nice figures, and that blue raptor is gorgeous. The build has a nice colour scheme and reminds me of Agents but not too interesting. 

Ultracatty and Warrior Wyldstyle - I have said this before but this is a very cute set. Nothing more. 

Emmet and Wyldstyle's Escape Buggy - The truck looks very Mad Max style but I wish they would have gone all the way and go full crazy. Not very interesting. 

MetalBeard's Heavy Metal Motor Trike! - Ok, now I really like this one. We see these motorcycle type sets alot but this one has a unique pirate spin to it. This one just has a very personality to it that I love. 

Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship! - Another very unique looking set. I can't recall a space set that looked like this so it gets points for originality. Nice little interior too. 

Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket! - Wasn't expecting a set like this too pop up. Very similar to a Creator set but with its own spin.The colouring on the outside is nice. I have not seen that good of a photo of the interior so I can't give a good opinion of it. Probably one of my favorites from the wave. 

Pop-Up Party Bus - Ok now this is a great looking set. Not only does it look fantastic on the outside but you can open it up and reveal a fantastic interior. Great feature and detail on the inside. Definitely a standout set. 

Rex's Rexplorer! - Great looking vehicle with a great colour scheme. Interior has some nice features but I wish there was more 

Overall nice wave of sets. There are some duds but there's also some great sets. Emmett's House, the Starship, Party Bus, and Rexplirer are my favorites. Oh and of course the space minifigures pack. 

37 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm so very happy for @danth regarding the new ol' style helmet molds

:sweet: :thumbup: 

38 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

but, as far as their spacecraft go, I am somewhat let down by their simplicity, as I was hoping for something larger in the hopes of obtaining some more Trans-Yellow canopy recolors as a result. I suppose the four plus set with Emmet did reintroduce the iconic six-wide windshield in that color, but still... :def_shrug:

Yeah the spaceship in 70821 is a bit simple but I can't really complain ever again. What I can do is add all of Benny's friends to my Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship!

I expect LEGO will be tempted to do at least one other set with the new old helmet (I love saying that!). Maybe in wave 2 or maybe something else.

Susan is probably a misdirect to make you think she's the Queen, also anyone else think General Mayhem is probably Fin/Emmets sister.

20 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Susan is probably a misdirect to make you think she's the Queen, also anyone else think General Mayhem is probably Fin/Emmets sister.

Of course Mayhem is Finn's sister. Everyone knows that. For me, the clincher was that line in the second trailer;

Lucy: I'm your worst nightmare!

Mayhem: You're me when I'm late to school and forgot my homework and also my pants are made of pudding?

Lucy: Uh, what?

That's an awfully specific 'worst nightmare' scenario for a battle-hardened adult military commander, don't you think?

This is quite an eclectic group of sets.  I do like the classic space set.  Also the blue raptors are very nice.  I really like the metalbeard and batman sets too.  I will have to wait and see about the others.  

I've just noticed something. It's a small detail, but the mindolls for this line have two overlapping irises in each eye, and 4 white pupils. Is this a hint at an alien nature, or is one set fake?

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

2 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

I've just noticed something. It's a small detail, but the mindolls for this line have two overlapping irises in each eye, and 4 white pupils. Is this a hint at an alien nature, or is one set fake?

Maybe that‘s just the pics. Let‘s see when  the sets come out. I found it more interesting that all minidolls are bendable in the hip!

3 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

They also all have teal coloured eyes. Except Mayhem, who has heterochromia; one teal and one pink eye. 

Eh. I like them. ^^

21 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

*insert image here*

Cheers very much!

I’ve thought the baby hands attach to anything or have anything attached to them. Now this is confirmation that baby hands are ø3.2 just like lightsabers (“lightswords”) etc.