Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

There are definitely a few of interest for me. I love the cheap Metalbeard and Batman set, since it means I won't have to shell out much to get the post-Apoc Batman. Benny's Space Squad is an obvious must-get, and I'm certain to grab the Offroader for the beautiful blue raptor. I can't help it; I freaking love the raptor molds, even though they're twice the size of a minifigure, for some reason.

Man, those sets are awesome. I’m going to have to try to get everything, like I tried for the first movie’s sets (I managed to get everything except Metalbeard’s Sea Cow, and a couple of the promos and ultra-rare stuff).

On 6/5/2018 at 8:58 AM, Clone OPatra said:

Hey, Captain Nemo isn't the only Moderator around here! :tongue:

We put the original LEGO Movie discussions and reviews in Special Themes because it doesn't fit the same mould as other Licensed Themes. Licensed Themes are those where LEGO has gotten an external license for a property. For their own movies, LEGO has input into the property, and for the first LEGO Movie created quite an eclectic mix of sets that were about as Special as it gets. I expect this to be taken even further with the sequel, given that it seems we might gets sets with both Minifigures and Minidolls - and maybe even Duplo?? Who knows!

So, with Licensed being crowded enough as it is, I will move this topic to Special Themes to live with the first LEGO Movie and give the theme a bit more breathing space.

(If you ask why TLBM and TLNM weren't in Special as well, I'd say that TLBM was just a cool expansion of the DC theme really, while TLNM naturally fit in Action with the rest of Ninjago)

The LEGO Batman Movie undoubtedly is a cool expansion of the DC theme, as The LEGO Ninjago Movie is of the Ninjago theme, but both are also part of the universe established with the first movie, as is the Unikitty TV show. Given how big the LCU is getting, maybe we should have a dedicated forum just for it, and allow discussion of sets from all of these there.

(I also am a big proponent of allowing discussion of sets in multiple forums if they fit - a Hogwarts Express being discussed in both Licensed and Trains, for example, as opposed to arbitrarily deciding a given set or theme or whatever absolutely has to have all discussion confined to just one area.)

Re: the new trailer and the new sets, OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH :wub: :laugh: :excited: :moar: :wub_drool: :grin_wub:

So the introducing queen watevra wanabi set has had its price disputed. The announcement listed it as 9.99$ while the lego shop which has the sets up as coming soon lists the 115 piece set at a staggering 19.99$. I hope its shop at home that has the typo here...

I do not get why people are hating on these sets, I think they're all amazing. 

Personal standouts/must-buys for me are Introducing Queen Whatevra Wa'Navi, Rex's Rextreme Off-roader, Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy, Battle-Ready Batman and Metalbeard, Benny's Space Squad (of course!) and more than any other; Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket. I think the House/Rocket is like the Green Ninja Mech Dragon for this movie; it's eponymous, an instant classic and every collector needs to have it as just an incredibly valuable piece of this movie. (Also, the fact that it's super easy to put in a town layout doesn't hurt.)

It might be out of my budget, but I also find the two big sets of the line, the Rexplorer and the Pop-Up Party Bus, are pretty amazing and I definitely wouldn't say no to getting one or both. 

One thing bothers me, though; Batman is only in one set. Can that possibly be right? Will he have a much smaller role in this movie? Or are there more sets in the first wave that we haven't seen yet?

I really like the blend between the genres, it won’t be to the taste of a lot of AFOLs, but it highlights a key factor in Lego in that there are no boundaries. The space crew names are a nice touch, Duplo Emmett looks trippy, and by the general look of the builds you can see that the designers had a lot of fun. Working on the movie sets must be a blast compared to regular sets because the rules of convention get properly torn up. Love it.

Ok. These are sweeet! All of these look awesome, but my favourites would be:

Unikitty's Sweetest Friends, as I don't have a regular Unikitty and her friends are cute (the chocolate block using the ingots is just genius).

Rex's Offroader, which has a really cool vehicle, and Rex's raptor is just amazing (and making him into a vehicle? Even more so!)

The dream house, for a sweet, versatile build/alt build, Ultrakatty, that space-Rex and OMG THE NEW BRICK SEPARATOR COLOUR!!

Batman and Metalbeard, for the awesome variants.

And Benny's space squad, because SPACESHIP.

I will make sure to pick up the above, but the rest are not shabby!

So, I think the trailer gave us a look at a potential 2HY set. 

It showed Lucy facing off with Sweet Mayhem in some kind of battle suit with a printed brick for a visor. 

I don't think it looks too good, but I don't see why it wouldn't be a set. So I predict it'll happen in 2019 2HY. 

Also; WHERE'S OUR D2C?!

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but the baby raptor is nowhere to be seen which is quite funny considering it was our very first leak for this theme (and one of the first for 2019 sets in general). It's either in the D2C (highly unlikely given the rumors), the CMF series as Rex's accessory (in case he even appears there) or in a polybag... :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but the baby raptor is nowhere to be seen which is quite funny considering it was our very first leak for this theme (and one of the first for 2019 sets in general). It's either in the D2C (highly unlikely given the rumors), the CMF series as Rex's accessory should he appear or in a polybag... :sweet:

My money's on CMF. 

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but the baby raptor is nowhere to be seen which is quite funny considering it was our very first leak for this theme (and one of the first for 2019 sets in general). It's either in the D2C (highly unlikely given the rumors), the CMF series as Rex's accessory (in case he even appears there) or in a polybag... :sweet:

Baby raptor is in the make a movie set. If you look on the hd images on LEGO’s site you can see the baby raptor is in Rex’s ship

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Baby raptor is in the make a movie set. If you look on the hd images on LEGO’s site you can see the baby raptor is in Rex’s ship

Interesting, I haven't noticed that :laugh: I kinda ignored that set since previous moviemaker sets didn't have any exclusive parts, but this one does :thumbup: It even includes new facial expressions for Ultrakatty and Emmet :classic:

Wow. I can't believe it. This is like a dream.

DO NOT PINCH ME.

I'm going to have to buy like 20 of those Space Team sets. Seriously. And we're getting the original trans yellow slope again? (Technically a slightly different mold but who cares). Wow. 

Also the Dinosaur sets are hilarious! And awesome. 

Also that space ship with the trans-purple canopies! Super dope!

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

3 hours ago, icm said:

Gee, @danth, your dream came true! Re-released old-style Classic Space helmets!  - Speaking of Classic Space, I think the two little CS-style spaceships in these sets are a much better fit with the 1979-1987 sets than the Benny Spaceship from TLM1.  I think I'd rather have two little CS-style spaceships that really fit in than a big ship that doesn't, and I'm happy to see that the big spaceship in the line is something as patently absurd and creative as a dropship piloted by two velociraptors.

Yeah, seriously! I am in shock! Now I just have to not die before these come out.

35 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

What're the rumors of the D2C? 

Wow, talk about going full throttle on a wave. This wave is massive & has some...interesting inclusions in there. My wallet is already hurting & I don’t even plan on buyI got everything. My condolences to those who are. :tongue:

Apocalypseburg, including the fallen Statue of Liberty :wink:

Oh wow if that's the D2C set then I'm buying it day one. 

Apocalypseburg, including the fallen Statue of Liberty :wink:

That would explain where all the denizen minifigures are. We've got two in the revealed sets, and likely at least one in the CMF line.

Speaking of, where are THOSE pics?

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The TLM1 sets could fit some scenarios, like a city one. These can't. These do not blend at all with any theme a kid has, they seem just random pieces put all together.

Maybe that's the appeal. These sets are just so out there, pooling together so many different genres and styles, that they carve out a niche for themselves. Thats definitely why I like them. If you don't, that is fine, but try not to assume that everyone shares that view.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

By the way, it seems Sweet Mayhem is not human *huh*

Half of everybody has yellow skin. Everybody has claws for hands and semi-cuboid bodies. Everybody can take themselves apart on a whim. Who here is human?

Although pink is not really the default minidoll tone.

I am loving the space set with the new pink classic space fig. Although it looks like the other guy is Bright Light Orange rather than proper yellow, what was LEGO thinking there? :(

Just now, jonwil said:

I am loving the space set with the new pink classic space fig. Although it looks like the other guy is Bright Light Orange rather than proper yellow, what was LEGO thinking there? :(

I think that's just the lighting. 

45 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I've compared several pictures and that spaceman is definitely classic yellow. It's just lighting.