Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

While many have cited a particular Instagram link, there's a much clearer and broader picture of the leak posted over on Flickr showing the Pink Classic Spaceman figure with a classic minifigure head (without helmet). Plus, it's flanked by a Yellow and a White Classic Spaceman figures (also with classic minifigure heads and no helmets).

Could those latter two also be coming in a set, the same one as the Pink spaceman perhaps? :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

As for Lloyd, Green Latern and the others, I'm simply not supportive. 

Well Lloyd is the main character from Ninjago, one of LEGO's most successful themes. Even if TLNM underperformed at the box office, Lloyd is one of LEGO most iconic characters. They can't just sweep him under the rug. Actually I'm surprised he hasnt been included on promos/teasers so far. 

Speaking of LEGO iconic characters. Do you think Johnny Thunder will return in this one?

Can you imagine him in Mad Max style?! *.*

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

While many have cited a particular Instagram link, there's a much clearer and broader picture of the leak posted over on Flickr showing the Pink Classic Spaceman figure with a classic minifigure head (without helmet). Plus, it's flanked by a Yellow and a White Classic Spaceman figures (also with classic minifigure heads and no helmets).

Could those latter two also be coming in a set, the same one as the Pink spaceman perhaps? :shrug_confused:

If so that shall be the greatest set of 2019

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

What do you think about pink benny?
I love the idea of a pink classic space torso, I'll surely buy it.

My hope is that we finally get updated classic space helmets in a variety of colours. Every time classic space figures have been reissued, they'd use the standard helmet element which looks significantly different from the original. Benny's helmet is as close as we've gotten but that one was cracked and only came in blue.

Edited by gillfinnfish
Grammar

7 minutes ago, gillfinnfish said:

My hope is that we finally get updated classic space helmets in a variety of colours. Every time classic space figures have been reissued, they'd use the standard helmet element which looks significantly different from the original. Benny's helmet is as close as we've gotten but that one was cracked and only came in blue.

I feel like it depends on what theme they're released in TLM2 sets they'd just be Benny's helmet but without the crack (and of course in other colours) and that'd be fine by me! 

One interesting detail I noticed is that in the Turkish Airlines LEGO Movie Ad, there is a pink Classic Space baby with a cracked helmet. While this may just be for the video, we could see something similar in the upcoming sets.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well Lloyd is the main character from Ninjago, one of LEGO's most successful themes. Even if TLNM underperformed at the box office, Lloyd is one of LEGO most iconic characters. They can't just sweep him under the rug. Actually I'm surprised he hasnt been included on promos/teasers so far. 

.Speaking of LEGO iconic characters. Do you think Johnny Thunder will return in this one? Can you imagine him in Mad Max style?! *.*

In advertising aspect, I agree. Although sounds like a Nexo representive in TLM2 will be way less likely.

But it does sound interesting to have Lloyd, Johnny and others Max-fied.

3 hours ago, latenightguy said:

One interesting detail I noticed is that in the Turkish Airlines LEGO Movie Ad, there is a pink Classic Space baby with a cracked helmet. While this may just be for the video, we could see something similar in the upcoming sets.

Thank you for the hint! Here are the pictures to it:

Pink Lego Space BabyPink Lego Space Baby

Please tell me Benny got into a relationship and is now the father of a child between the first and second movie and this is the result, because that'd be adorable. :sweet:

Edited by Kintobor

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

YES. What if we got a set that was like a classic space outpost, with a few miscellaneous spaceships (SPACESHIP!!!), these classic space dudes flanking Benny, and a few Systar goons for good measure? That would be AWESOME!!

Oh and a Metalbeard render has surfaced. He has a chest body and a crow's nest.

I saw the render. 

It looks a lot like what I'd expect from that 'Spider-Beard' model I saw in the background of the trailer - where Metalbeard has a new body with four spider-like legs. 

And I would very much be up for a Classic Space set. I'm too young to have gotten it back in the day, so a re-release would be kickass. 

BTW: The helmets from the Microfigures (here from Heroica: Fortaan game) fit perfect on the babies. So Classic space and Sewer babies shouldn‘t be problems ;)

Can‘t wait for TLM2 Sewer Babies

10 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

BTW: The helmets from the Microfigures (here from Heroica: Fortaan game) fit perfect on the babies. So Classic space and Sewer babies shouldn‘t be problems ;)

. . . I now need Lego to dig out that old mold and put that helmet on an official sewer baby. 

What am I saying, I got Fortaan back in the day, I still have that part somewhere. I'll do it myself!

Edited by Feng-huang0296

5 hours ago, julesvincent said:

*insert image here*

Is it a perfect fit or do the helmet come off easily? The “stud” on top of the baby as far as I’m aware is the same width as a lightsaber bar.

8 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

YES. What if we got a set that was like a classic space outpost, with a few miscellaneous spaceships (SPACESHIP!!!), these classic space dudes flanking Benny, and a few Systar goons for good measure? That would be AWESOME!!

That would immediately become the greatest set of 2019

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Is it a perfect fit or do the helmet come off easily? The “stud” on top of the baby as far as I’m aware is the same width as a lightsaber bar.

Like I said, it fits perfectly tight on the head. Don't ask me how and where the connection actually is. 

On 11/7/2018 at 2:10 PM, latenightguy said:

That would be fantastic.  I'm very excited about Classic Space in new colors.

And I absolutely love Batman's torso under the armor.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe the leaked pink torso belongs to Benny‘s daughter (?) who‘s a grown-up in the sequel? That would be a nice bit of continuity :thumbup:

Hold on, Benny has a daughter?

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, it's implied in the Turkish Airline ad :wink:

I would exactly say it's "implied" we see a baby wearing a pink classic space suit and everyone assumes it's Benny's daughter.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:48 PM, julesvincent said:

Like I said, it fits perfectly tight on the head. Don't ask me how and where the connection actually is. 

Hahaha. At least it perfectly fits, that’s good enough for me (just as long as it’s legal).

23 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Hahaha. At least it perfectly fits, that’s good enough for me (just as long as it’s legal).

Definetly legal!!! Do you have the chance to try it?

On another thought, I watched the trailer again and the sewer babies don‘t have a helmet :D

On 11/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, julesvincent said:

Definetly legal!!! Do you have the chance to try it?

On another thought, I watched the trailer again and the sewer babies don‘t have a helmet :D

If opportunity doesn’t come knocking build a door! In other words, I shall be making a purchase from bricklink.