Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Apparently we should expect the second trailer by the end of month, which means around 10 days from now

Hope there will be more sets revealed or even the CMF line

TLM1 CMF line was revealed on Nov 1st, 2013

Edited by Robert8

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Apparently we should expect the second trailer by the end of month, which means around 10 days from now

After our first look at Dangervest, I too would suspect that will indeed be the case, though I'm not sure which theatrical release it will be attached to. :shrug_confused:

On 10/19/2018 at 6:35 AM, julesvincent said:

I think it is anyway strange to have Duplo figs with system bricks. Why not just put the Duplo parts in the set. 

I think one big reason is that Duplo isn't big on actual articulation. Most of the ways we've seen the Duplo characters move is with parts not being attached all the way, which isn't necessarily that play-friendly for kids (more of an advanced brickfilm technique, even if the bricks are bigger). So for the one brick-built Duplo character in sets so far, it makes sense that they've opted to include a Technic hinge to better allow for play.

6 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Let's hope that pattern repeats!

Since TLM2 will be released a month later, then in theory 1st December should be the reveal date. Since 2013, the reveal dates of CMF Series have been later so I’d expect mid-December to late-December.

20 hours ago, J4ck said:

Since TLM2 will be released a month later, then in theory 1st December should be the reveal date. Since 2013, the reveal dates of CMF Series have been later so I’d expect mid-December to late-December.

According to Google LM was released 1st of Feb and the 2nd one will be released on the 8h, that’s not a months difference so November 1st is still a possibility 

On 10/18/2018 at 7:22 PM, MicroJow said:

I'm hoping to see Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion finally appear in minifigure form. Preferably in the TLM2 CMF series rather than a set.

There’s rumors that state they’ll be minidolls in the film itself but since there’s two Aquaman’s there could easily be two Dorothys etc. Either way I think a regular Wizard of Oz set would sell like hot cakes, so I’m surprised LEGO hasn’t released once yet.  

54 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

There’s rumors that state they’ll be minidolls in the film itself 

That would be a shame since we've already got the Wicked Witch and the flying monkeys in Minifigure form.

15 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

According to Google LM was released 1st of Feb and the 2nd one will be released on the 8h, that’s not a months difference so November 1st is still a possibility 

There’s rumors that state they’ll be minidolls in the film itself but since there’s two Aquaman’s there could easily be two Dorothys etc. Either way I think a regular Wizard of Oz set would sell like hot cakes, so I’m surprised LEGO hasn’t released once yet.  

I think you’ve misunderstood, I meant the CMF series itself no the movie.

12 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Y'now, it just occurred to me that TLM2 might cause us to see our very first Collectible Mini-DOLL Series. 

CMD1, anyone?

Doubt it. 

On 10/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

After our first look at Dangervest, I too would suspect that will indeed be the case, though I'm not sure which theatrical release it will be attached to. :shrug_confused:

That guy is totally Emmet's brother, which means Finn has a brother as well. That sibling dynamic between his sister and brother and him is gonna be really interesting- I never really could build with my brother, or anyone for that matter. I was kind of a control freak.

On 10/21/2018 at 10:29 AM, Soupperson1 said:

There’s rumors that state they’ll be minidolls in the film itself but since there’s two Aquaman’s there could easily be two Dorothys etc.

Where did those rumors come from?! *huh* :wacko:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Minifigures stark leaking. Emmet and Lucy leaked today.

The leaking season starts today :moar:

About time! 

On 10/24/2018 at 9:20 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Where did those rumors come from?! *huh* :wacko:

I think it was FBTB or some other smaller LEGO news site had a plot “leak”, it featured an Oz cameo in the Sistar System. They said to take the leak with a grain of salt though. :)

After seeing the new pic of Batman with the sewer babies I'm pretty sure the babies are just a joke and won't be released

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

After seeing the new pic of Batman with the sewer babies I'm pretty sure the babies are just a joke and won't be released

In the image, they do seem to be making a lot of unrealistic connections, but no new parts are needed, so they should at least release the figures. 

If they don't, I will die.

I NEED THEM.

4 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

In the image, they do seem to be making a lot of unrealistic connections, but no new parts are needed, so they should at least release the figures. 

If they don't, I will die.

I NEED THEM.

Actually they would need a new piece making. On top of the babies’ head there’s not a stud but a bar but just really short, not long enough for the stud with a hole in. So either they make a new stud or mold it on with the babies’ head.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Actually they would need a new piece making. On top of the babies’ head there’s not a stud but a bar but just really short, not long enough for the stud with a hole in. So either they make a new stud or mold it on with the babies’ head.

I know. I'm just saying they could release the figures without headgear or weapons. Inaccurate sewer babies are infinitely better that no sewer babies.

Also, maybe is just the filter on the pics, what color is that?

It looks like the old gray to me

So I just found something interesting on amazon.de;

I was filtered for sets sold by amazon and this appeared:

https://www.amazon.de/LEGO-70828-Kinderspielzeug-Bunt/dp/B07FNWJ12T/ref=sr_1_11?m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1541104478&sr=1-11&keywords=lego&refinements=p_6%3AA3JWKAKR8XB7XF%2Cp_36%3A-12500

It's for the set 70828 and according to information we've had for some time now (https://www.hothbricks.com/the-lego-movie-2-prix-publics-et-nombre-de-pieces-des-sets-prevus/) it's a LEGO Movie 2 set which includes 1014 pieces and retails for 99,99€.

The amazon page was put up today and according to it the set releases on the...

27th December.

Which seems about right. The sets for the first movie released late December before the first movie, although the movie released in April. So that's four months before the movie. And since the next movie releases in about four months and we would definitely know if they released before the end of November.

Might seem late compared to last time, but this time four months of store-shelf-advertising probably aren't necessary 

EDIT:  Well, these are the sets that were put on amazon today:

https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_pg_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A12950651%2Cn%3A360407031%2Ck%3Alego%2Cp_6%3AA3JWKAKR8XB7XF&sort=date-desc-rank&keywords=lego&ie=UTF8&qid=1541106204

Edited by Alegrispa

14 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Which seems about right. The sets for the first movie released late December before the first movie, although the movie released in April.

TLM was released on February 2014