Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

I'm hoping to see Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion finally appear in minifigure form. Preferably in the TLM2 CMF series rather than a set.

40 minutes ago, MicroJow said:

I'm hoping to see Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion finally appear in minifigure form. Preferably in the TLM2 CMF series rather than a set.

Four CMFs based on a single licensed franchise (that the movie itself doesn't revolve around, as with Lego Batman Movie and the DC characters in its CMF series) seems unlikely to me. I mean, even if it repeats the 20-per-box count of the latest Lego Batman Movie CMF series, that'd be a full fifth of the series! If we were to get all four of them they'd almost have to be in a set or spread between sets and CMFs.

Not what I imagined but still interesting nevertheless. You can check him out here:

http://bricksfanz.com/new-lego-movie-2-character-revealed/

53 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, I guess he's related to Emmet, given they're the only minifigs in the TLM theme without pupils. Siblings perhaps? :grin:

My thoughts exactly, same spikey bit of hair at the back as well. Brothers?

Can’t wait to see him in his full outfit, jet pack, baby dinos, this is one epic character. As @Digger of Bricks said, this guy should already get his own spin off film!

Cool new hairpiece

But the eyes without pupils are....... well, very interesting 

Loving Rex Dangervest's design. In addition to looking like a cooler, more macho Emmet, his little "R" insignia shares some design cues with the Blacktron and Agents logos, as well as Rocket Racer's logo!

On another note, I wonder if any of the sets besides Ultrakatty will come with Duplo creatures? Looking at some of the ones in the background of that cover art, it'd be cool to get a bigger one as part of a larger set.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Loving Rex Dangervest's design. In addition to looking like a cooler, more macho Emmet, his little "R" insignia shares some design cues with the Blacktron and Agents logos, as well as Rocket Racer's logo!

On another note, I wonder if any of the sets besides Ultrakatty will come with Duplo creatures? Looking at some of the ones in the background of that cover art, it'd be cool to get a bigger one as part of a larger set.

Rex looks epic! I can definitely see how he 'replaced' Emmet as Finn's 'sigfig'. 

Hey, come to think of it I just came up with a theory. What if Finn stopped playing with Bricksburg but didn't stop playing with Lego? Maybe upstairs, in his room, there's an 'Action Theme Planet' that's full of stuff like Jurassic World and Ninjago and that's where Emmet (and Planty) will go and meet Rex Dangervest, and they will then team up to save Lucy . . and everyone else who was kidnapped. XD

And yes, there will definitely be more Duplo creatures. I fully expect a model of that really big one. 

Awesome figure. Looks pretty classic, like a character that could've been from one of the early LEGO games. His overall appearance makes me want to see more figures without pupils again just for that retro look.

Also, I'm surprised to see Unikitty looks like her normal self, instead of being "Ultrakatty"

Also, it seems she has a stud on her neck, instead of using the new pieces.  

Related imageRelated image

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Also, I'm surprised to see Unikitty looks like her normal self, instead of being "Ultrakatty"

Also, it seems she has a stud on her neck, instead of using the new pieces.  

Why shouldn't Unikitty have a normal appearance in TLM2?

With the stud: either they took old material from TLM or that is their way of differentiating TLM Unikitty from the Cartoon Network Unikitty. The Rage Kitty from SDCC also had the stud (first time in DBG) rather than the new piece. 

53 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Why shouldn't Unikitty have a normal appearance in TLM2? 

Until this point, all the characters had been shown with updated designs. 

Unikitty here is the first one who appears with her TLM1 version

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, I guess he's related to Emmet, given they're the only minifigs in the TLM theme without pupils. Siblings perhaps? :grin:

Benny has no pupils, maybe Benny IS Rex Dangervest! :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Benny has no pupils, maybe Benny IS Rex Dangervest! :laugh:

How could I forget about Benny :blush: Hm, we haven‘t seen Benny and Rex in the same room together, maybe you‘re onto something :laugh_hard:

Seriously though, on top of the lack of pupils, Emmet and Rex share two additional traits: both have strands of hair sticking out in the same spot and they’re both voiced by Chris Pratt. They have to be related somehow :laugh:

I just noticed something about the leaked book cover; everyone take a close look at the tentacle Duplo beast from the trailer. Particularly it's upper lip. Is it just me, or does that look an awful lot like standard System construction? Not Duplo?

I think this just about confirms that that monster will be in a set as a System model. 

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Until this point, all the characters had been shown with updated designs. 

Unikitty here is the first one who appears with her TLM1 version

To be fair, we haven't seen that much footage up to this point. But as Unikitty IS Unikitty, I didn't knew who she wouldn't have a normal appearance. I guess we will see with more footage, if the standard Unikitty will get an upgraded TLM2 version.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Seriously though, on top of the lack of pupils, Emmet and Rex share two additional traits: both have strands of hair sticking out in the same spot and they’re both voiced by Chris Pratt. They have to be related somehow :laugh:

Also their clothes are quite identical.

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I just noticed something about the leaked book cover; everyone take a close look at the tentacle Duplo beast from the trailer. Particularly it's upper lip. Is it just me, or does that look an awful lot like standard System construction? Not Duplo?

I think this just about confirms that that monster will be in a set as a System model. 

I think it is anyway strange to have Duplo figs with system bricks. Why not just put the Duplo parts in the set. 

UltraKitty will probably revert to UniKitty once they get to the SisStar System, and there isn't any reason for her to be huge and spikey. Seems like she'd fit in there (though all we've really seen is the planets).

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

How could I forget about Benny :blush: Hm, we haven‘t seen Benny and Rex in the same room together, maybe you‘re onto something :laugh_hard:

Their uniforms are pretty similar as well.

Since some of the movie revolves around other planets it seems, I wonder if they'd make a set with a couple of the Star War planet molds done like the other star systems and such with maybe a build of a ship or something, just an idea for something that'd be cool.

I'm looking forward to it, just love the 'stop motion' animation style along with the fingerprints, scratches and stuff.
But most importantly when it's out on dvd, so I can rewatch it and take in the background, occasionally pausing it to do so! :laugh::blush:

23 hours ago, J4ck said:

Not what I imagined but still interesting nevertheless. 

Hmmm, he looks less like a cowboy as I'd originally envisioned and something more like Larry the Cable Guy, as he seems to have no sleeves. :sceptic: His new hairpiece is interesting, a sort of hybrid between the S1 Skateboarder piece and Emmet's, but blockier overall; but, this bada** doppelganger direction his figure looks to be adopting makes me start wondering about those rumors... :look:

43597370630_1705544e11_z.jpg

I like the look of Rex. it feels like a good version of a "cooler" emmet, which is potentially what Finn would care about as a teenager.

17 hours ago, julesvincent said:

I think it is anyway strange to have Duplo figs with system bricks. Why not just put the Duplo parts in the set. 

Maybe there is some sort of public stigma against Duplo parts that kept them from putting them in system sets. Or maybe just production issues.