Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Yeah, at least one CMF series seems likely. Based on the trailer alone, I can already see a few good options for figs—Wyldstyle with her hood up and goggles on, Larry the Barista's new "hardcore" look, and if we're being honest, probably Emmet with his headphones on (considering both the Lego Movie series and Ninjago Movie series featured at least one version of the main character that was only subtly different from the one that was common in standard sets).

It'd be interesting if the CMF series included a mini-doll character, considering there's never been one in a series before...

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is this coming from like a reliable super secret source? Or is it you guessing? 

"Guessing", but it's obvious and sure we will get one.

Pictures of the 3 sets on display at SDCC (with part counts listed) are on Toyark.

70830 Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship has 496 pieces

70827 Ultrakitty & Warrior Wyldstyle has 383 pieces

70829 Emmet & Wyldstyle's Escape Buggy has 411 pieces

$70 for 496 pieces... that’s insane. That’s around 14 cents per piece. The worst big set from the original lego movie line was around 11 cents per piece 

On 7/19/2018 at 7:45 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

$70 for 496 pieces... that’s insane. That’s around 14 cents per piece. The worst big set from the original lego movie line was around 11 cents per piece 

I’m guessing this is another 76117 event, where the original price is listed is wrong and gets changed to knock off $60.

42 minutes ago, Tahu said:

There will be a new trailer soon! 

There saying that there won't be one for people who where not at comic con 

I already found some sources of what will be seen in the trailer. All I can say that there is a big possibility that we might get a huge Bat Mech for the movie next year.

39 minutes ago, Tahu said:

I already found some sources of what will be seen in the trailer. All I can say that there is a big possibility that we might get a huge Bat Mech for the movie next year.

Do you think they will release the new trailer today

7 minutes ago, Tahu said:

They said it is not finished yet, so I'm not sure.

The movie or the trailer and where did you hear that 

1 hour ago, Tahu said:

What?

LEGO releasing a Batman mech????

NO. FREAKING. WAY.

5 minutes ago, Gabegt16 said:

The movie or the trailer and where did you hear that 

The trailer and that's why they don't release it yet. I read it online from a report.

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What?

LEGO releasing a Batman mech????

NO. FREAKING. WAY.

The online report of the trailer describes every part of it and what was seen in it so yeah. There willl be also Harley Quinn and a new character also voiced by Chris Patt who is a straight reference to his Jurassic world role.

Okay, so there's a new character who's basically another version of Owen Grady. (Oh man; Star Lord, Emmet, Owen and now this guy? My city is gonna be infested with Chris Pratts!) There's also a big Batman mech . . . though there's a comic-inspired Barman Mech coming out in the official DC line.  That might be a bit of a clash, so maybe we should expect this new mech to be in the Summer wave. It's a little clearer how the fight between Lucy and Sweet Mayhem that we saw in the first trailer happens, now . . . also we're getting more dinosaurs. Not a big surprise considering this movie is hot on the heels of Jurassic World, and the molds are still warm. 

Also, we apparently are not getting our first look at Queen Whatevra Wa-Nabi, who likes being a horse or a Duplo monster. Hoping both forms, as well as a minifig version, will be represented in sets. 

1 hour ago, Tahu said:

Whoever is wondering what was exactly seen in the new trailer, check out this very detailed report of it:

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-lego-movie-2-comic-con-2018/

Here's the quoted description:

The footage opens in a post-apocalyptic setting, with Wyldstyle looking over the wasteland, grimly monologuing about their fight to survive. The surrounding city is wrecked. “Everything was awesome…now everything is bleak,” Wyldstyle intones. Her grim-dark moment is interrupted by Emmett, who arrives bearing coffee, as cheerful as ever.

Then aliens invade and the citizens flee into giant vault while Batman battles the creatures in a giant mech suit (it’s as awesomely silly as it sounds). However, the massive vault doors can’t close – an adorable star LEGO is trapped in it. “So cold,” it says with a quivering voice. Naturally, Emmett opens to the door to save it, the alien leader gets in, and Wyldstyle and a bunch of other familiar faces from the first movie are abducted. Whoops.

Emmett suggests a rescue mission. A LEGO minifig version of Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn calls it a “suicide mission.” Get it?

Anyway, Emmett ventures into space on his own and we meet a brand new character: Rex Dangervest, also voiced by Chris Pratt. Rex is a galaxy-saving archaeologist and, uh, raptor trainer. In other words, he is the “cool” version of Chris Pratt, while Emmett is the nerdy, Parks and Recreation version. Still, they quickly become buds – Rex has heard of “the special” and is ready for a team-up. They even have a similar fashion sense, which Rex’s raptor buddies pick up instantly. “Vest friends!” one of them growls in subtitles.

We then catch up with Wyldstyle and company, who are brought before a colorful talking LEGO horse played by Tiffany Haddish. No one seems cool talking to the LEGO horse, so she transforms into a tentacled monstrosity. “The horse was much more palatable,” Batman deadpans.

Honesty from what I see from the description does concerns me. First of all, why does Chris Patt has the the voice for two  character to make a cameo reference from his jurassic world role? It just pushed back Emmets role not to mention this sudden dino theme is clashing with the already mixed post-apocalyptic/space invasion theme. Why did they had include harley quinn with her suicide squed outfit and monologue? That was one of the worst if mot the worst DC movie and I doubt it is a proper reference for younger audience just to make a Lego Batman Movie cameo. I think they are pushing the borderline with Chris sudden multi-voice acting, reference bombs. I don't want to see star lord reference cuz Marvel and WB cannot be crossed in any way. For Star Wars, it was different cuz the scenario was already done and the movie was already in production before disney bought it but here they were already crossing voice recordig schedules which he admitted. Unicorns... yeah no. Unikitty was enough. And she didn't turn into a tentacled monstrocity just cuz it didn't got attention.

I have a hard feeling this movie is gonna flop.

My bet: this new character voiced by Chris Pratt is also Emmet. Like another copy of the Emmet minifigure

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

My bet: this new character voiced by Chris Pratt is also Emmet. Like another copy of the Emmet minifigure

My guess is it's a new favorite minifig of Finn's, with a more action-hero-y personality to reflect Finn's teenaged tastes, which is why they have the same voice actor. Also why the Harley's the Suicide Squad version, and not TLBM version.

1 hour ago, obsidianheart said:

My guess is it's a new favorite minifig of Finn's, with a more action-hero-y personality to reflect Finn's teenaged tastes, which is why they have the same voice actor.

Besides the reference that he wears a vest like Emmet, none of the footage descriptions I've read so far have described the appearance of this Rex character. If there were a true AFOL among the panel attendance there, they would've at least given us a rough description of his minifigure and other notable aspects that would've been of interest to us here. 

1 hour ago, obsidianheart said:

Also why the Harley's the Suicide Squad version, and not TLBM version.

I would say panel attendees mistook Jenny Slate's Harley Quinn for Robbie's take on the character, but strangely enough, the IMDb page for the movie lists Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn on the cast list. :def_shrug:

IMDb - The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) 

Just now, obsidianheart said:

I'm predicting he's Not-Yellow.

Hmmm, I guess I'm kinda hoping he is. Besides, being an original character, he'd have to be, right? :shrug_confused:

Hopefully we get a Suicide Squad Harley fig in a set in this case like how we got Johnny Thunder and the Green Ninja. 

Also, that real world sticker sheet piece in the Starship set is pretty cool. Sorry if its been mentioned before.

SDCC 2018