Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

The sets all look great!  The quality of the builds look well above average and look accurate to what was shown in the trailer.  I question if $70 for the Sweet Mayhem's ship is accurate though.  That seems like a somewhat high price considering the build size and small selection of minifigures.  It still looks like an excellent set either way.  I can't wait to see what else is in store for this theme!

It's interesting to see how those star and heart bombs are named as characters in the set descriptions, respectively just as Star and Heart. Also, I was initially under the impression from the teaser that Wyldstyle's scarf and quiver were a singular new piece, much like TLNM Lady Iron Dragon's; but no, the quiver in Black looks to be the old one we've had forever, while I'm not sure if her Brown scarf is new or if it's just a recolor of TLNM Jay's in reverse. :def_shrug:

The-LEGO-Movie-2-Lucy.jpg?resize=691,102

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I'm holding Jay's in my hand right now, and Wyldstyle's is definitely different.

Edited by K_Tiger

Wow they really took the waist curves up to 11 there

It looks awful

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Wow they really took the waist curves up to 11 there

It looks awful

A subtle parody of the film industry'a unfortunate obsession with the same thing?

According to The Brickfan both Sweet Mayhem's Starship and the Buggy are $50

20 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I think its size is deceptive, given the use of large parts with minimal stud coverage and its roughly spherical shape. Given the size of the parts involved I'd estimate that the craft as a whole is roughly the size of a dodgeball.

I think it looks a little bigger than a softball, but I'm old, and remember dodgeballs being just smaller than a basketball, so I might not have a proper frame of reference.

Those sets are looking great so far! Was hoping Ultrakitty would be $20, but with the addition of the Duplo Monster $30 doesn't seem too bad. Wish we had gotten part counts though.

Interesting how the three they've revealed covers most of the pieces form the trailer that are obviously going to be sets- I wonder what else is in store?

That sounds MUCH more reasonable.

He's edited it to say $70

Am I the only who thinks the star and the heart are meant to be stickers?

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

He's edited it to say $70

Ooooh damn it

On 6/6/2018 at 2:38 PM, Rufus said:

I have renamed this thread LEGO Movie 2 ... Set Speculation for until we get anything concrete.  

Wish away!  Ideas of which features may be made into sets and which figures you'd like to see are welcome.   I've embedded the movie trailer into the first post.

Please use the thread in Media and Gaming for discussion of the movie itself.

Well, now that we have our first official images, descriptions, and prices for at least three of the sets so far, should this topic be renamed back to being a concrete set discussion topic, or should a separate topic be created? :classic:

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, now that we have our first official images, descriptions, and prices for at least three of the sets so far, should this topic be renamed back to being a concrete set discussion topic, or should a separate topic be created? :classic:

I think it should be renamed :wink:

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

I think it should be renamed :wink:

Agreed :thumbup:

These sets look intriguing, just like some of the sets from the first film were intriguing. I love the huge UltraKitty, while the car and ship are so-so. The little brick-built Duplo monster is hilarious.

Emmett came in a ton of sets the first time (nearly if not every one of the not-2-in-1s from the first wave, I believe), so it's understandable that Emmett and Lucy are in so many. I hate those way exaggerated hip indents on Lucy, but oh well. I'll get over it.

I eagerly await pictures of the rest of the sets and full details for these to see if $70 is actually justified for the ship!

16 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

I think it looks a little bigger than a softball, but I'm old, and remember dodgeballs being just smaller than a basketball, so I might not have a proper frame of reference.

I guess that probably wasn't the best reference point since it's not really a sport with a standardized ball size. A softball seems like a better comparison—maybe slightly larger, as you say.

The Sistar Starship is 5" high, 6" long and 11" wide, so it's not that big.

I like the look of Sweet Mayhem's Systar Spaceship, but the price seems very high. Especially in comparison to the buggy which apparently also comes with some kind of unseen, exploding base.

I'm a little disappointed that Emmet's house / spaceship house wasn't part of the initial announcements. But, surely something as awesome as that will be made.

42668389654_d5ae9db730_z.jpg

Hello Probius...

I heard we were getting Overwatch sets, but a Starcraft 2 probe? :sarcasm_smug:

Maybe I've already said this before here or elsewhere, but I'd really hope to see Lego recolor and reuse Sweet Mayhem's new helmet mold for other themes. :purrr:

13 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Agreed :thumbup:

By the way, unless we surprisingly don't see a Collectable Minifigure Series done for this sequel, do you think that a separate topic will be needed for that potential CMS when we do hear of its presumed confirmation, or will discussion of it take place here too? Back in 2014, I remember that The Lego Movie's sets and its Collectable Minifigure Series were discussed on two separate topics, whereas only a single topic was need for The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie's respective sets and CMSs. :shrug_confused:

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, unless we surprisingly don't see a Collectable Minifigure Series done for this sequel, do you think that a separate topic will be needed for that potential CMS when we do hear of its presumed confirmation, or will discussion of it take place here too?

I don’t think a separate thread will be necessary. One will come about naturally anyway when @WhiteFang writes his review :moar:

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

I don’t think a separate thread will be necessary.

Alright, thanks! :classic:

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Maybe I've already said this before here or elsewhere, but I'd really hope to see Lego recolor and reuse Sweet Mayhem's new helmet mold for other themes. :purrr:

By the way, unless we surprisingly don't see a Collectable Minifigure Series done for this sequel, do you think that a separate topic will be needed for that potential CMS when we do hear of its presumed confirmation, or will discussion of it take place here too? Back in 2014, I remember that The Lego Movie's sets and its Collectable Minifigure Series were discussed on two separate topics, whereas only a single topic was need for The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie's respective sets and CMSs. :shrug_confused:

We will get CMF for 100%.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We will get CMF for 100%.

Is this coming from like a reliable super secret source? Or is it you guessing? 

Probably, base off how Lego does their product waves for their movie.

3 Waves , a D2C and 1 or 2 Cmf's

Edited by Dr.Cogg