Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

I just hope Sweet Mayhem's wings are molded and not flimsy plastic like the wings of Bumblebee & Batgirl in DC Superhero Girls minidoll sets, or the Parademons in the Justice League minifigure sets

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I just hope Sweet Mayhem's wings are molded and not flimsy plastic like the wings of Bumblebee & Batgirl in DC Superhero Girls minidoll sets, or the Parademons in the Justice League minifigure sets

It looks to me from the trailer like they're a single mold with her shoulder pads. And that they're 3D, not just bendable plastic. Besides, has any minifig from a movie ever been seen with 'papery' ornaments? Maybe Hawkgirl from TLBM - she only ever appeared in the background, so we didn't get a close look. But Sweet Mayhem is a far more major character than that, and Lego tends to spare no expense when it comes to kitting out the main characters of Movies. Emmet got new hair, Wyldstyle got a trio of hair/hood pieces, they came our with an entire range of special parts, from helmet to wig to shoulder pads to legs, for Lord Business, and that was just the original movie. I'm sure we'll get all sorts of new stuff for The Second Part. 

Regarding the SDCC figure, I do sort of expect it to be a preview of one that will appear in sets, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be Sweet Mayhem, for one major reason—if it were it would spoil what she looks like under the mask, which they might not want to do this early. An already known character like Emmet, Wyldstyle, or Benny might be a safer bet.

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Regarding the SDCC figure, I do sort of expect it to be a preview of one that will appear in sets, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be Sweet Mayhem, for one major reason—if it were it would spoil what she looks like under the mask, which they might not want to do this early. An already known character like Emmet, Wyldstyle, or Benny might be a safer bet.

Probably true, but I still have y hopes.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Where?

It's the same pic I posted here on page 7. Nothing new

Oh that video features the real minifigures (not cgi). 

The Lucy hairpiece with goggles look amazing!

4 minutes ago, Gabegt16 said:

Everything is dead there's nothing new for the Lego movie 2

What do you mean?

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

What do you mean?

No new trailer no movie info and Warner brothers hasn't announced that the movie will be at comic con I just want something cool to be announced 

But the first trailer just came out like a month ago. And the opening date is February 19. 

They can't release another trailer so soon

If they keep releasing trailers the whole year they would give away the whole movie :wacko:

They could at least give us a little more information on the movie something I don't know but it's just bin dead for the past couple of weeks 

Yeah, new information will come out slowly and over time.  Eventually, we will get a big marketing push towards the beginning of the year, closer to the release date.

If they follow the trend of The LEGO Movie 1 and Batman Movie we'll get to see one set soon. But I wouldn't expect to see more footage for now

Well, we were half right . . clever, making Unikitty the exclusive. This way they can showcase something new without needing to rush any of the new molds . . . wait, no, she has that new spiky tail. Huh . . that tail part does look good, which is a relief, because to be honest I expected them to just reuse the existing tail part and print the spikes on. 

Also, her face looks less in line with the original versions from the movie and more in line with the cartoonish style they've been using for the Unikitty! sets. Cross-promotion?

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The comic exclusive figure is apocalypseburg unikitty

Huh, Apocalypseburg eh? I'm kinda really digging that name! :thumbup: :laugh:

16 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:
Here's pics of that SDCC exclusive Unikitty!

I like it.  The new tail piece is cool, and I look forward to seeing new uses for that mold down the line...

The just-revealed photographs on Twitter of three new sets show that we will have brick-built Duplo and minifigures and minidolls in the same sets.