Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

So far, I really want the yellow house spaceship. Ideally, as a "2 in 1" build (i.e. regular house and spaceship).

8 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They wouldn't though, because the cheap knock-off would be the big bad of the movie.

Nope! People wouldn’t see it that way. Friends are the enemy of the movie, does that mean Lego is slandering the Friends line? No it isn’t.

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Nope! People wouldn’t see it that way. Friends are the enemy of the movie, does that mean Lego is slandering the Friends line? No it isn’t.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

It seems that Friends are the enemy, but it could be that they are going to unite against the Duplos.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

It seems that Friends are the enemy, but it could be that they are going to unite against the Duplos.

Well, when Sweet Mayhem requests they bring her their fiercest warrior(s), perhaps she (a.k.a. Finn's sister) was gathering/kidnapping fighters to bring back to her star system (a.k.a. Finn's sister's bedroom) to counter some other sort of threat. But, I doubt that threat would still be Duplo, presuming the sister has graduated from that.

Perhaps that threat may be in the form of the shape-shifting Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi? :shrug_confused:

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, when Sweet Mayhem requests they bring her their fiercest warrior(s), perhaps she (a.k.a. Finn's sister) was gathering/kidnapping fighters to bring back to her star system (a.k.a. Finn's sister's bedroom) to counter some other sort of threat. But, I doubt that threat would still be Duplo, presuming the sister has graduated from that.

Perhaps that threat may be in the form of the shape-shifting Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi? :shrug_confused:

That's a good point as well.  It could be a completely new threat.  I wonder what the shapeshifting represents, how the character will be portrayed in LEGO.

Just now, x105Black said:

I wonder what the shapeshifting represents, how the character will be portrayed in LEGO.

Presumably brick-built, but having said what I just did regarding Duplo, what if that Duplo alien seen in the flashback at the beginning of the teaser is the Queen we're speaking of? After all, that alien has what looks like a crown atop its head. :shrug_confused:

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This speculation is all good and well, but you're all forgetting one thing; the title. 

I do not believe that 'The Second Part' is just a name. I fully expect that that the Piece of Resistance was 'The First Part', and this 'Second Part' is going to be something of near or equal significance. 

The colour is in our favour too - the primary three colours for classic Lego bricks are, in order, red, blue, yellow. The logo for The Lego Movie was primarily red, and so was the Piece of Resistance. But the parts they added for the sequel, 'The Second Part' and the big '2', are in blue. 

This is not a coincidence. Just as Emmet 'made the Piece of Resistance found from its hiding place beneath the ground' in Bricksburg, there'll be a Second Part somewhere, maybe in the SiStar System, that has to be recovered and used for some purpose. 

I bet this is why Sweet Mayhem captured all the heroes; she heard about their exploits against Lord Business and thinks they can help her retrieve The Second Part from wherever (maybe the Duplos) for whatever (no doubt somehow saving the world). Which would mean she's not actually evil - which is good, because it would kind of undermine the 'boys-&-girls' thematic if Sweet Mayhem, the character who is emblematic of Finn's sister, was the villain. 

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hold on. Hold the freaking phone. Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi (kickass name, BTW) is a shapeshifter? Is this confirmed? Man . . this'll be exciting. Maybe she'll be brick-built, like Unikitty, and include a bunch of extra parts so that she can be rebuilt in a variety of interesting ways? Ooh, maybe she'll be related to Unikitty?

12 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

This speculation is all good and well, but you're all forgetting one thing; the title. 

I do not believe that 'The Second Part' is just a name. I fully expect that that the Piece of Resistance was 'The First Part', and this 'Second Part' is going to be something of near or equal significance. 

I've heard others postulate that theory elsewhere before, which is pretty possible since others think the full title sounds redundant at surface level. If so, what could that "part" be in reality? A glitter glue cap? 

12 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hold on. Hold the freaking phone. Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi (kickass name, BTW) is a shapeshifter? Is this confirmed?

Upon and before the release of the teaser, some mainstream news sources had reported upon that element, which I too had initially missed.

10 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The colour is in our favour too - the primary three colours for classic Lego bricks are, in order, red, blue, yellow. The logo for The Lego Movie was primarily red, and so was the Piece of Resistance. But the parts they added for the sequel, 'The Second Part' and the big '2', are in blue. 

This is not a coincidence. Just as Emmet 'made the Piece of Resistance found from its hiding place beneath the ground' in Bricksburg, there'll be a Second Part somewhere, maybe in the SiStar System, that has to be recovered and used for some purpose. 

I bet this is why Sweet Mayhem captured all the heroes; she heard about their exploits against Lord Business and thinks they can help her retrieve The Second Part from wherever (maybe the Duplos) for whatever (no doubt somehow saving the world). Which would mean she's not actually evil - which is good, because it would kind of undermine the 'boys-&-girls' thematic if Sweet Mayhem, the character who is emblematic of Finn's sister, was the villain. 

Hold on. Hold the freaking phone. Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi (kickass name, BTW) is a shapeshifter? Is this confirmed? Man . . this'll be exciting. Maybe she'll be brick-built, like Unikitty, and include a bunch of extra parts so that she can be rebuilt in a variety of interesting ways? Ooh, maybe she'll be related to Unikitty?

It's confirmed and maybe queen watevra wa-nabi is actually queen what ever I wanna be

4 minutes ago, Gabegt16 said:

Queen watevra wa-nabi is actually queen what ever I wanna be ??️‍♂️ case solved 

I think everyone caught onto that quite quickly.

Anyway, the discussion of the movie, plot, etc is going on here:

Ideas / thoughts about the movie is getting spread across two threads. Does anyone have any other ideas about the likely sets based on the trailers?

37 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

If I'm being honest, the true villain in the movie, i think is going to be Mark Stafford and this time its just not Bright Bluish Green he's after, every colour conceived will be taken! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Presumably brick-built, but having said what I just did regarding Duplo, what if that Duplo alien seen in the flashback at the beginning of the teaser is the Queen we're speaking of? After all, that alien has what looks like a crown atop its head. :shrug_confused:

Brick-built could be interesting.  I could see that working.

4 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

Yeah, I didn't catch it at first, but it didn't take long to figure out when read aloud.

1 hour ago, Gabegt16 said:

How many variants do you think we will get of each character 

Depends on how many times they change outfits. 

7 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

We all realised that. 

16 hours ago, J4ck said:

As others' have said, I'm not even convinced Friends are the enemy. Would LEGO want to portray their own product as the enemy? 

On 6/13/2018 at 9:20 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

We all realised that. 

I didn’t.

23 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

As others' have said, I'm not even convinced Friends are the enemy. Would LEGO want to portray their own product as the enemy? 

My point is Lego will not create their own fake brand, period.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:42 PM, Gabegt16 said:

How many variants do you think we will get of each character 

Three

20 hours ago, J4ck said:

My point is Lego will not create their own fake brand, period.

Plenty of other TV Series and films do it. There are lots of examples of fake TV Shows and films inside TV Shows and films. It would really be no different.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Plenty of other TV Series and films do it. There are lots of examples of fake TV Shows and films inside TV Shows and films. It would really be no different.

But then the issue becomes how to represent the made-up fake brand in actual toys. Are they going to create an entire set of moulds of official bricks that aren't branded with the Lego logo but are otherwise indistinguishable from real ones? Wouldn't that cause a massive uproar among the AFOL community? And since these molds would probably become redundant after the movie, that would just be wasteful. 

Pas interesting as it would be to see official Lego fighting fake Lego, it's probably not gonna happen. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

But then the issue becomes how to represent the made-up fake brand in actual toys. Are they going to create an entire set of moulds of official bricks that aren't branded with the Lego logo but are otherwise indistinguishable from real ones? Wouldn't that cause a massive uproar among the AFOL community? And since these molds would probably become redundant after the movie, that would just be wasteful. 

Not really an issue. Just make them look however they would in the film.

There has been nothing to indicate a fake brand of lego is the villain.

10 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

But fake TV shows don’t steal from other companies, get over it, Lego won’t do it!

6 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Not really an issue. Just make them look however they would in the film.

It ? Won’t ? Happen ?

12 hours ago, J4ck said:

But fake TV shows don’t steal from other companies, get over it, Lego won’t do it!

18 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Neither do fake companies...