Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

4 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I wonder if Nexo Knights will be in the movie ?

I hope not, but it probably will, and it will probably be there in place of other Castle themes.

I hope to see some Duplo sets of those Duplo monsters.

23 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Lighten up. It's not that serious...

Oh yes it is. Taking another company to court over copyright is not that serious? Two words:

TRY. ME.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

I hope not, but it probably will, and it will probably be there in place of other Castle themes.

I hope to see some Duplo sets of those Duplo monsters.

I wonder if there wiil be Duplo figures in the movie/sets

Image result for Duplo figures

Maybe they live abandoned somewhere in the Sistar System, because the sister moved on to play with Minidolls instead.

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe they live abandoned somewhere in the Sistar System, because the sister moved on to play with Minidolls instead.

Nice theory.  It would be interesting to see them, since they are much larger than minifigures.

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

As of now, I don't know if we'll be seeing any representation of other "boy-centric" playthemes and genres in this movie beyond post-apocalyptic Bricksburg anyway, that is, if we're to presume that the majority of the sequel will be taking place in the various worlds of the "Sis-Star System".

On 6/6/2018 at 5:46 AM, Dorayaki said:

We mainly guess the future obtained licensne such as Overwatch. StarTrek was obtained by Hasbro as far as we knew.

Ah, fair point. IDK how they'd fit Overwatch into the movie, though, given how everything's been destroyed. Then again, I don't know how they'd fit ANY theme that not Space or Minidoll related into the movie. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

On 5.6.2018. at 12:38 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Hot diggety dog, you’re right! What happened to Benny? Who hurt him? You monsters! He’s been modded! :grin:

Yes.What have you done to Benny?

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Not talking about the canon, like what said with the CMF series, if the movie does involve with multiple kinds of figures, the fastest way to make things clear is releasing the TLM2 sets under different systems seperately. Such as, the TLM2-themed Duplo sets would only have Duplo figures and Duplo bricks so that they can target at underage kids.

On the other hands, it also depends on whether they'd introduce an original character of either a Duplo figure or a monster with given name, since we're also going to get some new minidolls.

Edited by Dorayaki

Come to think of it, the narrative is now effectively defending the AFOL from the first movie. He finally let the kids play with his highly sophisticated interlocking brick system, and look what happened! :laugh:

19 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Come to think of it, the narrative is now effectively defending the AFOL from the first movie. He finally let the kids play with his highly sophisticated interlocking brick system, and look what happened! :laugh:

Yeah, had Takos (silent 'S') Tuesday succeeded the Kragle may have prevented this. :oh:

On 07/06/2018 at 11:01 PM, J4ck said:

Oh yes it is. Taking another company to court over copyright is not that serious? Two words:

TRY. ME.

:look:

We're talking about LEGO potentially making up their own fictional in-universe brand as a joke on cheap LEGO knock-offs. It's hardly like I'm saying LEGO will include a joke about peadophillia, rape or murder.

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

I just want this Duplo set:

The main events of the movie will take place 5 years after, so I think it's unlikely. That scene will probably appear as a flashback or a short sequence at the beginning but that's it. 

For instance, from the opening scene from The LEGO Movie we got Vitruvius as a promo minifigure. Not a set. So I expect this to be the same. Maybe a little set but that's it. 

I guess the first wave will be mostly the mad-max sets, as these scenes happen at the beginning. Also, the Sweet Mayhem Spaceship. And maybe Emmet's space-hosue

The second wave will be mostly sets from the Sistar System, since they would be the most spoilery sets

But if the Duplo creatures still live somewhere in the Sistar System, then they could appear in the second or thrid wave

Any thoughts or opinions on Emmet non updated outfit it' going to weird getting the same figure with the same face prints and torso in new sets 

26 minutes ago, Gabegt16 said:

Any thoughts or opinions on Emmet non updated outfit it' going to weird getting the same figure with the same face prints and torso in new sets 

It's updated alright. Didn't you see the scuff marks?

On 6/8/2018 at 11:15 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

:look:

We're talking about LEGO potentially making up their own fictional in-universe brand as a joke on cheap LEGO knock-offs. It's hardly like I'm saying LEGO will include a joke about peadophillia, rape or murder.

Or theft. Because that’s what cheap knock offs do!!

If Lego did that, Lego would be waving a flag saying “WE ENDORSE KNOCK OFFS”. Lego would never do that.

34 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Ninjago had scuff marks in the movie but didn’t have them printed so the “new” mini figure of emmet may be the old one, maybe new expressions.

From looking at the teaser once again, I do appreciate how Brickburg's post-apocalyptic citizens all seem to utilize only preexisting parts for their attire and headgear, giving a certain makeshift MOC quality to the city's populace. Therefore, I suppose any playsets centered around scenes from the movie set in Bricksburg will be following suit.

I think the old post-apocalyptic Bricksburg will only be featured a few minutes in the beginning, like the Bricksburg in the first movie. After that I think they will be hopping a few planets with different themes. 

Set-wise that will probably lead to very few Bricksburg sets, if any. But finally we will get at least one non Star Wars spaceship!

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Do you think you will get that figure 

Welll Emmet is the main character

And those marks are the only difference between the first and second movie (so far)

So, I'm 100% sure there will be a new Emmet with those marks

2 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I think we might see a set revealed at SD Comic Con.

Agree

I guess it will be the Sweet Mayhem Spaceship

I think the set will include Sweet Mayhem, Lucy, Batman and Benny

Though we have yet to see other presumed vehicles and locations from further upcoming trailers, I wonder if the potential D2C for this movie may be of this section of Bricksburg seen in the teaser (pictured below wrapped around the Statue of Liberty). If so, I'd imagine that it'd be easily captured as a Ninjago City-like modular. :shrug_oh_well:

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

On 10/06/2018 at 10:34 AM, J4ck said:

Or theft. Because that’s what cheap knock offs do!!

If Lego did that, Lego would be waving a flag saying “WE ENDORSE KNOCK OFFS”. Lego would never do that.

On 10/06/2018 at 10:00 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

They wouldn't though, because the cheap knock-off would be the big bad of the movie.