Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Having rewatched a couple of episodes of Unikitty! (the cartoon), I noticed that the 'Angry Kitty' that appeared in 'Fire and Nice' seems pretty similar to the Mega-Kitty (I refuse to call anything other than Unikitty's mother Unicat; as I am certain that it is only a matter of time until the show introduces Unikitty's mother for at least an episode or two.) we've seen. Possible foreshadowing?

8 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

or maybe even to introduce Star Trek ( wishful thinking, I know...).

We mainly guess the future obtained licensne such as Overwatch. StarTrek was obtained by Hasbro as far as we knew. Personally I'm not fond of such kind of move.

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think it will be 100% minidolls. But it wouldn’t surprise me if there were minidolls included

I think there's some technical issues to include minidolls in Collectible Minifigure blindbags. Such as, would the weight differ? Would they be easily identifiable by touching? (okay I know that's officially unallowed:tongue: , but it is an issue after all...) And secondly, if that is allowed why the Disney series didn't already do it by recycling the minidolls from the regular sets to save design costs? I think it would have less problem to just seperate them in different lines.

Oh well, btw, this thread might better concentrate more on set prediction. Just for story discussion let's move to the Media forum.

Edited by Dorayaki

I really enjoyed the Castle themed set from the first movie.  It would be awesome if they did another Castle themed set this time around.

By the way, what shade of blue does Sweet Mayhem's spacecraft seem to have? Does it look like Medium Azure, Dark Azure, or Dark Turquoise to anyone? If it's Medium Azure, then it looks like we'll be getting a new recolor for those arch pieces first introduced for the wheelwells of 2016's Expert Volkswagen Beetle, which are seen on the sides of her ship. 

Looked like Dark Turquoise to me.

Probably OK to ask that question in just one of the threads about the movie though.

I have renamed this thread LEGO Movie 2 ... Set Speculation for until we get anything concrete.  

Wish away!  Ideas of which features may be made into sets and which figures you'd like to see are welcome.   I've embedded the movie trailer into the first post.

Please use the thread in Media and Gaming for discussion of the movie itself.

On 05/06/2018 at 10:30 PM, J4ck said:

Won’t happen. Never has. Never Will.

It'll advertise other thieving fake Lego brands even Lego creates their own brand up.

It wouldn't if they made their own up. It would be a fun meta-take on copycat brands.

7 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It wouldn't if they made their own up. It would be a fun meta-take on copycat brands.

It really wouldn’t, Lego, I and other AFOLS take copycat brands very seriously. Not a laughing matter to be honest.

On 05/06/2018 at 10:30 PM, J4ck said:

Quick to the Post-Apocalyptic Batmobile!

Shut up and take my money!

17 minutes ago, J4ck said:

It really wouldn’t, Lego, I and other AFOLS take copycat brands very seriously. Not a laughing matter to be honest.

Lighten up. It's not that serious...

Idk if anyone’s noticed this, but Unikitty’s not using the new chin (idk if that’s the best way to describe it, but the new 1x3 piece with the hole in it) piece. Instead, she’s using the old TLM style. As much as I like having accurate models for display, I had a lot of difficulty with Unikitty. If I even slightly nudged any surface Unikitty was on, the head would fall off. If she uses the old connection in the sets, I hope Angry Kitty will be common in the blind bags.

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Of course, what’s your credit card pin? :laugh:

Show me the Post-apocalyptic Batmobile and I’ll consider it  :wink:

I'm not quite sure what to say... looks like a post-apocalypse with a touch of sci-fi and space, as well as... a friends mini doll? I've only seen the trailer so i don't know too much. looks, good, though. I like Wildstyle's new scarf, could be used as a military shemagh if painted in a grey or tan. Plus, the minidoll's helmet looked awesome!

14 hours ago, x105Black said:

Looked like Dark Turquoise to me.

Actually, this trailer still from @tormentalous over on The Brick Fan shows what looks like to be TWO shades of blue instead, one of them possibly being Dark Turquoise like you said. I've also noticed a recolor of a particular Nexo Knights slope part in white from the still too, along with what looks like to be a Trans-Pink recolor of the TIE Fighter canopy part:

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Oh yeah, I do wonder if Batman does indeed have his own ride at any point in the movie, such as one similar to what you've just suggested. For that matter, what ride do you suppose Benny has? Perhaps some sort of Wastelander. Wastelander! WASTELANDER!!! :head_back:

The whole movie preview gave me vibes on post-apoc scenes which could be the very first of its kind in LEGO official sets. I also reckon there are plentiful of space stuff. I am sure this new move will contain many exciting original LEGO materials. 

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For that matter, what ride do you suppose Benny has? Perhaps some sort of Wastelander. Wastelander! WASTELANDER!!! :head_back:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets something that reflects his new look, ie a mash up of classic and contemporary space styles. I’m excited, they got to push the envelope last time, and clearly they have (certainly tried anyway) pushing it further this time.

It's rather confusing, it seems as the Duplo episode has already took place, perhaps the new writers had discarded it.

As regard the movie itself it is not, as was the first episode, a picture about LEGO but simply a movie MADE of Lego, like the Batman and Ninjago ones, so it will be amazing as pure entertainment but not much an innovation.. perhaps this is valid for all sequels.

Sergio

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yes please!! 

Can't wait to see the sets. I already need Emmet's Space-House and Sweet Mayhem's vehicle. I hope the coffee guy and sewer babies feature in some sets or the possible CMF line. I'm excited to see the inhabitants of the Sis-Star System, I wonder if the planets will feature Elvendale or Heartlake City, or maybe nods to Paradisia, Scala or Belville? I hope the minidoll characters are more like Lego Elves than Lego Friends though. 

If there are Duplo characters featured, I wonder if they'll be recreated in Lego bricks in any sets, though I assume based on the 5 years later factor, that Finn's sister has moved on from Duplo to Minidoll themes. 

I hope Lord Buisness isn't in the new sets, I feel like his story's over, though since he's kind of Finn's dad, maybe he'll provide some kind of deus ex machina solution in the movie, like Finn's dad stops his daughter wrecking everything, and rebuilds Bricksburg etc.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets something that reflects his new look, ie a mash up of classic and contemporary space styles. I’m excited, they got to push the envelope last time, and clearly they have (certainly tried anyway) pushing it further this time.

The other option could possibly be sets based upon rides that the kidnapped heroes construct from building materials they find while they're over in the Sis-Star System. In other words, they'd be a unique blend of "Pink" Lego and their own personal building styles. :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I'm excited to see the inhabitants of the Sis-Star System, I wonder if the planets will feature Elvendale or Heartlake City, or maybe nods to Paradisia, Scala or Belville?

The official synopsis for the sequel suggests one of the worlds in the "Sis-Star System" is a "musical" planet. Working upon that, I almost wonder if these worlds are instead based upon individual facets of the sister's personality, rather than old and new Lego themes.

Maybe a possibility on what we have seen so far ... Wyldstyle polybag with those goggles / telescope. It got a fraction of a second of screen time in the trailer, so enough to be a set.

I think the post-apocalyptic citizens will be in sets, like the normal citizens in TLM 1 sets. I really can't wait for those and new Wyldstyle

I wonder if Nexo Knights will be in the movie ?