Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Anyway, I like the new Wyldstyle but I can't really tell what's going on with Unikitty there? Is she wearing like a tribal mask or what

As an Asian, the angrier Unikitty gives me a feel of a "wudan", a Chinese opera actress role reference. :grin:

I thought they'd change Wyldstyle's hairstyle cause that is pretty much not exclusive in today's view. But TLC choose to introduce a goggle version so I'm neautral with this.

I feel like the MadMaxBricksburg citizens are gonna be choices of the CMF series. Just not sure if they'd pick old characters or those we never had instead. After all they could stuff new versions of Emmet or Wyldstyle once again, so tougher Larry or tougher Gail would be possible as well.

Speaking of CMF series, I suddeny come up with a question about this film might introduce more characters in minidoll forms or others..... doesn't that mean they cannot be in CMF series but just stay in regular sets? Or we'll have the very first Collectible Minidoll series?

Edited by Dorayaki

10 minutes ago, Dorayaki said:

Speaking of CMF series, I suddeny come up with a question about this film might introduce more characters in minidoll forms or others..... doesn't that mean they cannot be in CMF series but just stay in regular sets? Or we'll have the very first Collectible Minidoll series?

I don’t think it will be 100% minidolls. But it wouldn’t surprise me if there were minidolls included

I like the Mad Max aesthetic. It looks like they're trying something entirely new (has here ever been post-apocalyptic Lego before?) and I can't wait to see what they do with it. And I like the inclusion of a minidoll main character!

I'm gonna need a Sewer Baby® in every set. Every set. Not so hot on what I can see of MetalBeard, but it looks like there are going to be some great minifigures.

I guess the boy in the first film have gone in to the dark age, the Lego are probably just collecting dust and in comes the little sister with minidolls starting to plunder the collection.. The fist film had a lot of nice fanciful sets, but I only got some minifigs, so I assume I will get the same this time, but hard to predict with this theme.. Maybe we can get a new vulture mould for the dark age land :tongue:  

Exactly. Like Fynn doesn't care anymore and he left his sets in the basement or the attic, or even the backyard

I think Sweet Mayhem's spaceship is totally going to be a set

Edited by Robert8

Since its quite early in the game ,I hope its okay if I make some predictions

New models
-Sweet Mayhem's spaceship
-New metal beard
-Emmett's Spacehouse
- maybe the house built on the downed liberty torch as a d2c

-The car Emmett, Unicat and Wlydstyle use to flee from Sweet Mayhem
-Unicat (they show both a unikittty sized one and an a bigger one, so I'm guess both in different sets)

42593129851_1b731e538b_o.jpg42593123881_0128ef0c74_o.jpg

New molds
-Emmett's hair with headphones (seen as a new part in the trailer, I guess this would be CMF material)
-Lucy's new hood+googles combo
-Lucy's hair + googles combo
-Lucy's hood(down) + quiver combo
-Sweet Mayhem's Helmet
-Sweet Mayhem's armour
-Unicat's spiked tail

Edited by Agent Kallus

That trailer is fun and I look forward to the film. As for the “post-apocalyptic” environment, that could take up as much screen time as The Old West did in the first movie (i.e. not very much). Two hours of “Mad Max Lego sets” strikes me as wishful thinking on the part of other people (I certainly hope there is more to the film than that).

Edited by GregoryBrick

I definitely think that spaceship will be a set and we’ll get that giant Unikitty build somewhere (which looks amazing). I wouldn’t be surprised if the house spaceship was like a $60-80 set and I’m expecting to get lots of sets based on the other planets which we didn’t really see in this trailer. I don’t think the post apocalyptic world will take up too much of the movie so I’m not expecting more than 2-3 smaller sets set in that world, but I need those sewer babies. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

The trailer was great! It gave me a little tease of the movie and got me excited for it's release. I can't wait to see more of this movie whether it's sets or more footage.

SO if I'm understanding the plot correctly, Finn's sister brought in her Duplo toys (the end of the first movie) and took over/destroyed all of the other LEGOs. Finn stopped playing with his LEGOs now either because he is older or because he didn't want to play with his sister. Either way, Brickburg has become a dystopian wasteland. Finn's sister has grown up and stopped playing with Duplo and has moved on the LEGO Friends in her room instead of the basement. 

Also, does anyone else think that Sweet Mayhem could be Emmett's sister, providing another parallel between Emmett and Finn? Wasn't it confirmed that his sister would be in this?

Assuming that the sets follow the pattern of the previous three movie lines, I'm predicting that there will be between 18-23 sets released across three waves, a D2C set, and a CMF series.  I would be surprised if LEGO deviated from that pattern significantly at this point.  It definitely looks like there will be a nice variety of characters and vehicles to include in sets and a CMF series just based off the teaser trailer alone.

Interestingly, I also just noticed that the two "cyborgs" that appeared in the trailer are recolors of TLBM Mr. Freeze's Mech with different weapons and pilots.

I liked the detail of the minifig torso prints being a bit worn. Guess Finn hasn't been as careful with them as his dad was...

21 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

The trailer was great! It gave me a little tease of the movie and got me excited for it's release. I can't wait to see more of this movie whether it's sets or more footage.

SO if I'm understanding the plot correctly, Finn's sister brought in her Duplo toys (the end of the first movie) and took over/destroyed all of the other LEGOs. Finn stopped playing with his LEGOs now either because he is older or because he didn't want to play with his sister. Either way, Brickburg has become a dystopian wasteland. Finn's sister has grown up and stopped playing with Duplo and has moved on the LEGO Friends in her room instead of the basement. 

Also, does anyone else think that Sweet Mayhem could be Emmett's sister, providing another parallel between Emmett and Finn? Wasn't it confirmed that his sister would be in this?

Brilliant! I was scratching my head at first, but this makes perfect sense!

That said, I don't think we should expect to see much Duplo in the sets. I always thought it was unlikely that they'd put System and Duplo parts together in the one set; people will be reluctant to pay higher prices, and the trailer seemed to imply that the Duplos came and wrecked everything, but aren't there now, 

Also, I am just laughing and laughing about the fact that Sweet Mayhem has a sticker gun. And Batman seems to be horrified by being covered with decals. It's a hilarious nod to that portion of the AFOL community who's opposed to stickers. 

And oh, man, it seems like the 'SisStar' system is going to be a major setting. Which might be strange, since there have only been three mini-doll themes to date; Friends, Elves and Super Hero Girls. The latter of which got cancelled last year, so I doubt it will have much presence in the movie. 

As a growing fan of Elves, I really hope the theme has some presence in the movie and sets. Even if it's as small as the Wild West part of the first movie. 

26 minutes ago, MandyNeko said:

I liked the detail of the minifig torso prints being a bit worn. Guess Finn hasn't been as careful with them as his dad was...

Yep. Even Emmet's printing is looking a bit scratched. 

Bothers me a little, to be honest . . 

6 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

And oh, man, it seems like the 'SisStar' system is going to be a major setting. Which might be strange, since there have only been three mini-doll themes to date; Friends, Elves and Super Hero Girls. The latter of which got cancelled last year, so I doubt it will have much presence in the movie. 

As a growing fan of Elves, I really hope the theme has some presence in the movie and sets. Even if it's as small as the Wild West part of the first movie. 

Don't forget the Disney Princess line is mini dolls, too. Wonder if we may see a quick cameo like Star Wars had in the first movie.

I'd love to see some Elves appear, too.

23 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

That wouldn't happen.

1. Lego would need permission from the rival brand. :thumbdown:
  2. Lego would  smear a rival company in a feature film, that is almost propaganda and wouldn't be accepted.:thumbdown:
  3. Lego would effectively be advertising a rival brand.:thumbdown:
  4. If its a main character they'd need to make lego models of a rivals creation. :thumbdown:

If it does then :wacko:

I mean a fake non-LEGO brand in the film.

22 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Hot diggety dog, you’re right! 

Quick to the Post-Apocalyptic Batmobile!

9 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I mean a fake non-LEGO brand in the film.

Won’t happen. Never has. Never Will.

It'll advertise other thieving fake Lego brands even Lego creates their own brand up.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

New molds

-Emmett's hair with headphones (seen as a new part in the trailer, I guess this would be CMF material)
-Sweet Mayhem's Helmet
-Sweet Mayhem's armour
-Unicat's spiked tail

1 hour ago, Rookie875 said:

BRING ON THE CMF!!

Some post-apocalyptic sets and CMFs would be awesome. Ninjago is going in a similar direction with their 2018 wave, so maaaaybe we are lucky in that respect. :classic: I'm still not the least intersted in Minidolls though!:wink:

1 hour ago, MandyNeko said:

Don't forget the Disney Princess line is mini dolls, too. Wonder if we may see a quick cameo like Star Wars had in the first movie.

I'd love to see some Elves appear, too.

I dont think any Disney property will show up here. This is a WB movie

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I dont think any Disney property will show up here. This is a WB movie

The first movie did have Star Wars in it, which is technically Disney property.

1 hour ago, General Magma said:

The first movie did have Star Wars in it, which is technically Disney property.

Before Disney bought it. But the Iron Man name drop was allowed in TLBM, so I don’t see why a quick shot of the Princesses wouldn’t be possible. Is Cloud Cuucko land still destroyed? I hope we still get a chance to see licensed characters like the first film. I need to see Scooby in this one :cry_sad:

Anyway, I love the design of Sweet Mayhem. Whatever set(s) she’s included in better come with a sticker sheet of the stickers she shoots at Batman. I was actually hoping the rest of the cast would look much more different than last time. The only ones who interest me, design wise, are Unikitty and Batman. 

I hope we get a lot of new molds for the mini doll alien race. Finding out that the villains aren’t just regular minifigs makes substantially more excited. 

The minidoll ship looks great, and will make a great set (despite coming with a minidoll).  Looking forward to seeing what else comes of this.

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

New molds
-Sweet Mayhem's Helmet
-Sweet Mayhem's armour
-Unicat's spiked tail

When they're on the Bricksburg sign, there's also what appears to be a new triangular tile piece!

Also those heart projectiles the ship shoots have got to have a new piece for their base. I can;t think of any way they'd be build with existing parts.

1 hour ago, saysonder said:

Is Cloud Cuucko land still destroyed? I hope we still get a chance to see licensed characters like the first film. I need to see Scooby in this one :cry_sad:

Since Briskburg was destroyed in the DUPLO invasion at the end of TLM I'm guessing they didn't have time to rebuild. Heck, maybe the DUPLO monsters destroyed ALL the realms...

As for the licenses, good question. They didn't make a big show of characters from different franchises in this trailer like the first movie trailer, but it's still definitely possible. With the space theme it would be great for a Doctor Who tie-in, or maybe even to introduce Star Trek ( wishful thinking, I know...).

14 hours ago, MandyNeko said:

I like the Mad Max aesthetic. It looks like they're trying something entirely new (has here ever been post-apocalyptic Lego before?) and I can't wait to see what they do with it. And I like the inclusion of a minidoll main character!

I don't think LEGO ever did post-apocalyptic.  Post-apocalyptic was popular among AFOLs to MOC about a decade ago.

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, I am just laughing and laughing about the fact that Sweet Mayhem has a sticker gun. And Batman seems to be horrified by being covered with decals. It's a hilarious nod to that portion of the AFOL community who's opposed to stickers. 

Friends sets use quite a bit of stickers.  Example:  Heartlake City Resort has 26 numbered stickers and some of them are multiples like the ones for the seat cushions.  So it is more like 30 or so to apply.

There were also heart missiles in the trailer.  Mayhem's spaceship has one of those 1x1 star shaped studs popular in Friends sets.  Hey, they even got the minidoll hop walk down.  I guess my wondering what happened with Friends back in the first LEGO Movie may have been answered.  :laugh: