Freezingvettes99

Introducing Brick Train Depot

On 3/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, Freezingvettes99 said:

We will work on that, anything specific you are interested in?

Hiawatha, Fairbanks-Morse, SW yard switchers (tried to make one, but couldn't figure out how to work the battery in), SDs or GPs or anything really.  Diesel or steam. Just don't see many done in Milwaukee Road or the Rock Island.

13 hours ago, CSW652 said:

Hiawatha, Fairbanks-Morse, SW yard switchers (tried to make one, but couldn't figure out how to work the battery in), SDs or GPs or anything really.  Diesel or steam. Just don't see many done in Milwaukee Road or the Rock Island.

SW yard switchers are hard especially in 6 wide. What scale would you be looking at for these?

Ah, if you put in Frisco items you have my attention! :wink:

Just kidding, I'm very much interested in purchasing something from this website when my next paycheck! Great work, guys!

22 hours ago, CSW652 said:

I was trying standard Lego 6 wide.

Hmm are you opposed to using alternative battery solutions?

5 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

Ah, if you put in Frisco items you have my attention! :wink:

Just kidding, I'm very much interested in purchasing something from this website when my next paycheck! Great work, guys!

Thank you! We have a lot of models so Im sure that we could find something to recolor for Frisco in the future. 

4 hours ago, Henry 991 said:

I will purchase whatever you make in 1:48 scale.

Especially the big steams, UP Challenger etc. would be nice.

This would be fun in the future. We will be releasing this this week:

8baEdXj.jpg

14 hours ago, Henry 991 said:

I will purchase whatever you make in 1:48 scale.

Especially the big steams, UP Challenger etc. would be nice.

Stay tuned! The team is looking at creating instructions for a large articulated steam engine. Trying to decide which one would be best to offer.

-Jeffinslaw

Have you guys thought about making trackside structures, such as signals/stations/etc?? I feel like that could fill in a niche area where most LEGO modelers don't ever think about.

Also, maybe put in a suggestion/guess of how much it the parts will cost on Bricklink based off of past purchases??

12 hours ago, Jeffinslaw said:

Stay tuned! The team is looking at creating instructions for a large articulated steam engine. Trying to decide which one would be best to offer.

-Jeffinslaw

Glad to hear :)

There aren’t many 1:48 MOCs avalaible for large steam engines. Many of them lack detail and accuracy, or are of smaller scale.

I think that you are doing a big favor to this hobby by making instructions available.

Beginners (like me) can really learn a lot by studying the design choices, parts combinations, drivetrain etc. by absorbing ideas from experts like you. I don’t mind spending more on the plans. The parts for these large engines will cost so much anyways (around 300 EUR for the SP engine).

Any chances you could do a Milwaukee Road Fairbanks Morris FMH-10-44 with Powered Up in the standard Lego scale of 6 wide?  With the decals to go with it and numbered 770 or 763?  Guessing you would need orange / black vinyl to cover the battery sides.