Freezingvettes99

Introducing Brick Train Depot

I would like to invite the members of Eurobricks to check out our new website.

bricktraindepot.com

Brick Train Depot is a collaborative effort between several Eurobricks members including Legoman666, Swoofty, Wildchicken13 and myself.  We wanted to offer high quality building instructions of modern locomotives and rolling stock with an easy way to upload a included parts file to bricklink to make ordering parts simple!  We are also including professionally made custom decals for all of our models.

We are just starting out and plan to keep adding new models soon, many have never been seen before with fun and innovative building techniques!  So stay tuned.  If you have questions or comments please let us know, we would love to hear from the community on how we could improve or what models you would like to see in the future.

27692081297_f5af24f7fe_z.jpgBrick Train Depot Logo by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

Just a sample of what we have to offer:

41661290135_3bed65ed82_z.jpg2018-06-04_11-38-13 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

40754470040_0d6af32a46_z.jpg2018-06-04_11-37-40 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

Edited by Freezingvettes99

I'll be sure to take a look! 

Sounds interesting! 

On the subject of models, if you were to do any instructions for 6 wide or especially 7 wide British locomotives and rolling stock, I would 100% buy them!

I'm always on the look out for GWR stuff especially, like the Large Prairie from Bloksbricks!

Best of luck with BrickTrainDepot! :)

Very nice work guys! Making the Train community even better!

Good idea with bricklink lists. Although sometimes when checking pages like this I wish I could check parts before buying instructions, just to see how pricey is gonna be.

Understandable that bsx is available after purchase though...

17 minutes ago, Bartosz said:

Good idea with bricklink lists. Although sometimes when checking pages like this I wish I could check parts before buying instructions, just to see how pricey is gonna be.

I can totally understand your concern but when I bought all new bricks to build the above GE ET44C4 a couple of months back it was around $120.  I even bought from all US sellers so I would receive the parts quickly.  So if one doesn't care about new bricks I would assume that price could get cut down substantially.  The best part about our system is you don't have to hunt for all the parts, it literally takes 5 minutes, if you would rather though a parts list is included with each instruction download.

2 hours ago, JopieK said:

Very nice work guys! Making the Train community even better!

Thanks!  We are planning to offer the locomotive instructions in various railroads as well very soon.

25 minutes ago, Bartosz said:

I think it would make sense if there was some kind of explanation with a vague bricklink price point for each of the builds.

I wonder if it might help sell the designs if people had a slight idea of cost for bricklinking each entire model...

I might suggest it would reduce a certain unknown factor, if you see what I mean...

11 minutes ago, JEB314 (James) said:

I think it would make sense if there was some kind of explanation with a vague bricklink price point for each of the builds.

I wonder if it might help sell the designs if people had a slight idea of cost for bricklinking each entire model...

I might suggest it would reduce a certain unknown factor, if you see what I mean...

It would be an extremely vague price though because when the buyer inputs their own factors and chooses certain stores that can throw things way off.  Also bricklink is an international commerce site with many types of currencies.  It would be extremely hard to put price points on our site, if we did and then they were wrong would buyers be upset?  Buyers can use their own parts inventory to build the models too, we are just including the BSX file for ease of use only as a service.

1 minute ago, Freezingvettes99 said:

It would be an extremely vague price though because when the buyer inputs their own factors and chooses certain stores that can throw things way off.  Also bricklink is an international commerce site with many types of currencies.  It would be extremely hard to put price points on our site, if we did and then they were wrong would buyers be upset?  Buyers can use their own parts inventory to build the models too, we are just including the BSX file for ease of use only as a service.

Ah ok, thats a fair point!

Just a thought, have you considered having 2 styles of selling? i.e. totally computer based (stickers sent as a file) and then the other, stickers sent it the post...

As I'm in the UK having stickers shipped from the US doesn't seem particularly good use of the world's resources... 

Hypothetically, if I had them as a file I could print them and have as many as I need for the number of wagons I was going to make, say 4 or 5, for example...

It would cost you less, and would give the consumer a cheaper option, as there would be no need for shipping, plus it makes more sense if selling to outside the Americas!

Thats the way Michael Gale sells his instructions with stickers anyway, and it seems to work very well!

Yes the sticker won't be the same quality, but personally I don't mind!

As I say, just an idea, but something really worth considering... :)

I'm the one doing the stickers, they are on clear vinyl. Not something you can print at home. Besides, the cost to ship internationally is usually only $1.15. Domestic is only what a stamp costs ($0.45?). 

1 hour ago, JEB314 (James) said:

Ah ok, thats a fair point!

Just a thought, have you considered having 2 styles of selling? i.e. totally computer based (stickers sent as a file) and then the other, stickers sent it the post...

As I'm in the UK having stickers shipped from the US doesn't seem particularly good use of the world's resources... 

Hypothetically, if I had them as a file I could print them and have as many as I need for the number of wagons I was going to make, say 4 or 5, for example...

It would cost you less, and would give the consumer a cheaper option, as there would be no need for shipping, plus it makes more sense if selling to outside the Americas!

Thats the way Michael Gale sells his instructions with stickers anyway, and it seems to work very well!

Yes the sticker won't be the same quality, but personally I don't mind!

As I say, just an idea, but something really worth considering... :)

We certainly appreciate all of your insight, there are no dumb questions here!  We are by no means professionals and there might be better ways of doing things that we haven't thought of.  We are just trying to provide awesome instructions of some really cool Lego train models that people might (hopefully) want to add to their layouts or collections.  That's why I built most of the models I have.  I learned from some of the best model builders and we just decided to share with the Lego train community. 

Hi,

You've got some nice models there, like the comment above any UK/Euro trains would be fantastic.

I do have a question though:

On your site you say "By purchasing these instructions, you agree not to sell, reproduce, or distribute these instructions. You also agree not to sell or distribute the model made from these instructions."

The first part seems to be a reasonable request to protect your work, but I don't think you could enforce the second part.

If I sourced the parts, minus stickers and instructions, then I don't see how you could stop me from selling the model.  Take the UCS Falcon (10179) on Bricklink : Bricklink UCS 10179 there's quite a few selling "bricklinked" versions, is this ok ?  Wouldn't this affect all second-hand/pre-owned sales of anything ever made ?

I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

cheers

CB

Good luck guys, I'll certainly take a look but will not be buying since I'm an addict of Euro models.

2 hours ago, CamelBoy68 said:

Hi,

You've got some nice models there, like the comment above any UK/Euro trains would be fantastic.

I do have a question though:

On your site you say "By purchasing these instructions, you agree not to sell, reproduce, or distribute these instructions. You also agree not to sell or distribute the model made from these instructions."

The first part seems to be a reasonable request to protect your work, but I don't think you could enforce the second part.

If I sourced the parts, minus stickers and instructions, then I don't see how you could stop me from selling the model.  Take the UCS Falcon (10179) on Bricklink : Bricklink UCS 10179 there's quite a few selling "bricklinked" versions, is this ok ?  Wouldn't this affect all second-hand/pre-owned sales of anything ever made ?

I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this.

cheers

CB

We are just trying to control things as best we can, obviously we know people will ultimately do whatever they wish and there is really no recourse for Brick Train Depot.  We can at least politely ask, that way if someone decides to reproduce our products they know it's a bit shady and hopefully will at least give credit.

Nice. matches my North American Modern Image tastes. Website worked perfectly, have my first two downloads in hand and look forward to arrival of decals. Well Done!

On 6/13/2018 at 1:49 PM, netlife said:

Nice. matches my North American Modern Image tastes. Website worked perfectly, have my first two downloads in hand and look forward to arrival of decals. Well Done!

They're on their way ;)

Are there instructions to power these? I work for a class 1 railroad and would like to build a intermodal lego train based on my company.

We at Brick Tran Depot have taken a big leap forward today and have introduced a whole new site! This has been done to bring you, the Lego Train fans, the best possible content we can deliver! Our designer team has grown and now consists of Andy Mollman, Jeffery Fonda, Nick O'Donnell, myself, and Cameron Miller is also helping and running the site! Our offerings include *FREE* downloads for you to enjoy and to help further your personal layouts along, links to specialty products, custom 3D printed 9V track in several radius curves, custom decals for all of our products, and we have new instruction sets available as well. We will have many new products coming out in the near future so sign up for our newsletter for updates! Thank you for your past support and we will keep working hard to supply the Lego Train community with instructions that will keep your tracks full!

http://www.bricktraindepot.com

Still no Milwaukee Road though, but the website is much nicer.

Edited by CSW652

Looks really good, well-done!

I just purchased the instructions for your 1:48 SP locomotive. With the parts list included, I was able to order all required parts from various sources. The only exception is that I plan to use FX Brick instead of S-Brick.

4 hours ago, CSW652 said:

Still no Milwaukee Road though, but the website is much nicer.

Thanks! I worked really hard on the website. 

What kind of prototypes do you have in mind for Milwaukee Road? 6 wide? 1:48 Scale?

19 hours ago, Henry 991 said:

Looks really good, well-done!

I just purchased the instructions for your 1:48 SP locomotive. With the parts list included, I was able to order all required parts from various sources. The only exception is that I plan to use FX Brick instead of S-Brick.

Hope you enjoy the final product! It took quite a while to get that engine working just right. Good luck squeezing the FX brick in there! It will be very tight! Let me know if you have any questions (I am the designer).

-Jeffinslaw

1 hour ago, Jeffinslaw said:

Hope you enjoy the final product! It took quite a while to get that engine working just right. Good luck squeezing the FX brick in there! It will be very tight! Let me know if you have any questions (I am the designer).

I'm looking forward to building your design. It will be only my 3rd MOC.

My previous build was Anthony Sava's GS-4, which I modified to run with 2x L motors and include lights and sounds with FX Brick. However, I decided to have a non-Lego battery as it has some packaging as well performance benefits. Attached from the construction. Still missing some parts thou so I haven't got a chance to test how it runs.

- Henry

GS-4 v2.jpg