Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

Keep the boxes

Hi, I open this topic to know if anyone keep with the boxes of their collection and where is a good place to keep them ;-) . I personally keep the box of each set in my collection since I start collecting lego but unfortunately I lost my Jabba Palace set box, so where I can get other one? :'-(

Yes, I keep all of my important boxes. A good place I store them is under a bed, where they would get sun-damage or won't be leaked on by a broken pike in a storage room. And, go to bricklink if you want a new box.

Hi!

In general, I ditch boxes that only open at the side*. The big ones that open on top are great for storing unfinished projects or "sketches", they can be stacked on the floor or in a shelf. Aside from that I am not overly attached to the boxes. The death star box e.g. I had to ditch because I bought that set abroad and it did not fit into any of my suitcases as a whole.

*Some of the bigger boxes open only properly at the side (e.g. the new police station). To me, those are entirely useless because when building the particular model, I like to fill the box with the bricks as needed and work from there. At any rate, I cannot see the advantage of those boxes over those that open on top.

I keep all my boxes, including the BP.

However, I put some sets into the big boxes (for example, my ARC-170 Starfigter is in my clone turbo tank box)

yep, i keep all the boxes ecxept the BPs until the end of the year, and then i throw them out after the holidays, just to be fond of them. i dont usually store any legos in the boxes though... ;-)

I save all boxes, especially the SW ones!

I just stack them up in a closet or the garage *sweet*

but unfortunately I lost my Jabba Palace set box, so where I can get other one?

Try Bricklink ;-)

I always save ALL of my boxes. Unfortunately I don't have many of the ones from when I was little, as I didn't care so much then... :'-(

The problem with keeping boxes is the space. I used to keep them all as they were, but now I am forced to... flatten... all the ones that open at either end and store them inside the big boxes. This way, I only have two huge piles of big boxes to worry about. :-$ At the moment I have them cluttering my hallway and building area, however I hope to get some plastic to wrap them in, and then I will store them in the attic, safe, dry and out of the sun.

Another problem I have is instruction manuals. I have now started sorting them into clear files, does anyone else do this?

Oh, and I might suggest this be moved to general discussion so more people see it. *sweet*

I used to not keep my boxes but now I do. I put them in my storage room. As of right now I have enough room but eventually I wil have to start putting the smaller boxes inside bigger boxes to save space.

Hi, I open this topic to know if anyone keep with the boxes of their collection and where is a good place to keep them ;-) . I personally keep the box of each set in my collection since I start collecting lego but unfortunately I lost my Jabba Palace set box, so where I can get other one? :'-(

Not sure where you can get another box for your Jabba Palace Set. eBay or another online auction, perhaps? Try garage sales or yard sales. My personal view of the box - keep it if you have the storage space, toss it out if you don't. There are just times when it's hard to let go of something beautiful as a perfectly taken image.

Don't throw out your boxes because if you are a completionist you'll regret it. I chucked mine out when my loft started running out of space and in the last year I've had to hunt down every box from 1999 to 2002. I'm >almost< complete now thanks to Bricklink, where you can find most of the original boxes without having to buy new sets.

Unfortuntely there aren't any Jabba's Palace boxes listed for sale on Bricklink at the moment but if you check out this link occasionally you might find them back up.

Alternatively you could register on Bricklink and create a wanted list. That way you'll get an e-mail notification if any sellers list one.

Edited by LEGOscum

yeah, i keep the manuals, just in case i break a set, and then i dont have to look at scans. i also think that most of the booklets have the boxart and other things in them, like other sets released at the same time, the capabilities of the set, and art. *sweet*

I always keep my boxes, they are very important and good-looking, why would I just throw them away then?

I agree, space is a problem, but a LEGO collection is something important and you can save it for your future children too. (not that I have children, just an idea).

Hmm, the bed has started to lift off of its legs from all the boxes stuffed under it... :-/ So, I've taken all the boxes, cut the fronts off, and plan to stick them to the walls of my lair.

mando_helmet_viking_2.png

I don't keep my boxes, simply because I don't have the room for it. But I think I'd throw most of them away if I had the space, too.

If I ever come to have a extra room for my LEGO I might stick to Mr. Mandalorian's idea here:

Hmm, the bed has started to lift off of its legs from all the boxes stuffed under it... :-/ So, I've taken all the boxes, cut the fronts off, and plan to stick them to the walls of my lair.

mando_helmet_viking_2.png

I think this is a good way to save room and display the beautiful boxes that come with most sets.

Greetz, Benny