Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] Cutter

The commissioning of Cormorant has opened up a new path to small entrepreneurs or adventurers, here we have the Jacques brothers, who have invested their savings in a small cutter, filled it with vegetables and fruits, and sailed away.

I really liked Keymonus's boat so I decided to try my hand.:grin: The hull measures 34 studs long and 9 studs wide, the hull is shaped by hinges and connected to the bottom plate with hinges as well. It's supposed to be a class 1 cutter,  unarmed, it should count on maneuvrability to outrun a pirate.

15280358111_DISPLAY.jpg

15280358112_DISPLAY.jpg

15280358123_DISPLAY.jpg

C&C are welcome.

Vive le Roi!

Nice cutter, Bodi. That's an impressive turn around time seeing how Keymonus just posted his yesterday. The rigging could use a bit of work. 

PM me the stats and a name, and I'll get her licensed. 

That's a great looking cutter Bodi, and like Captain Genaro mentions it's an impressive turn around on Keynomous build. I really like how you took inspiration from his boat and created your own version... now I have an urge to try it myself... and since I'm down a trader (after some pesky bluecoats outbid me at the last minute on my own vessel :pir_tong2:) I may just have to try my hand at a small cutter like this.... great job!

13 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Nicely done! Great shaping of the hull!

Thanks LM. The hull is in fact quite parts intensive and there are still some gaps between the hinges, so I'm not sure if it's seaworthy enough.:grin: 

7 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Thanks LM. The hull is in fact quite parts intensive and there are still some gaps between the hinges, so I'm not sure if it's seaworthy enough.:grin: 

You're welcome! My dad always says that putty and paint makes me what I ain't! :laugh:

Edited by LM71Blackbird

13 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Seems that the rear sail has a base length of 13 cm right ? :tongue: (I counted the small squares of the sheet)

Anyway... nice cutter (class 2 ? )

Thanks Thaum, you have a good eye for detail, I think it should be a class 1, since class 2 commonly refers to a boat built with 2 prefab pieces without midsection, length wise it's ok for a class 2 but this one is narrow, only 9 studs wide.

8 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Nice cutter, Bodi. That's an impressive turn around time seeing how Keymonus just posted his yesterday. The rigging could use a bit of work. 

PM me the stats and a name, and I'll get her licensed. 

Thanks mate! I had to stay at home with my son during the weekend, which means legoing all day long, well, almost :pir-tongue:

4 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

That's a great looking cutter Bodi, and like Captain Genaro mentions it's an impressive turn around on Keynomous build. I really like how you took inspiration from his boat and created your own version... now I have an urge to try it myself... and since I'm down a trader (after some pesky bluecoats outbid me at the last minute on my own vessel :pir_tong2:) I may just have to try my hand at a small cutter like this.... great job!

Thanks Ayrlego. I'm sorry that you lost your Lady Jacqueline to Oleander bidder (well done!:pir_laugh2:), can't wait to see your new ship!

This is a really sweet little cutter, great curve and clean rigging!

On 2018/6/5 at 1:39 AM, Kai NRG said:

This is a really sweet little cutter, great curve and clean rigging!

Thank you Kai! It isn't a large vessel but it was fun to build.:pir_laugh2: