Sign in to follow this  
Paknaloid

Quick question re scale

Very quick question, I haven’t been able to find a definitive answer elsewhere but mods please feel free to delete this once it’s been answered: approximately what scale is 42078? Am I right that it is approx. 1:24?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

It's actually a bit closer to 1:20. I calculated based on wheel sizes.

Your calculation is based on only neaningfull object and all scaling should start with tires :thumbup:

BTW @Paknaloid Mack Anthem (tire 49,5 x 20 ~~ 1030mm which is nower days often used by us trucks) and CLAAS Xerion (107 x 20 ~~ 2150mm tire 900/60r42 as often used tire on Xerion) both fit in aproximately same scale 1:20.

So you can make your Mack Anthem dump truck for crops or similar and you  only need harvester (example CLAAS Lexion)

I’ve bought the Mack, due to arrive next week and I am already considering what I’m going to do once I’ve built the stock version; one option I was considering was seeing if I could attach a multi axle low loader to carry the claas xerion as an ‘abnormal load’, not sure if that’d look silly though; my other idea is to make a scale modelled haulage load for a flatbed trailer, I’ve been looking into 1:20 scale oil drums :classic: tbh I don’t like the aesthetics of the trailer that is included so I’m planning to build it then immediately dismantle and make something else...

Xerion would be way too big for the scale, but I can make a recommendation.If you use set 8264, you can get a nice articulated dump truck that should scale with the Mack. You could also consider making a dump trailer of some kind to go with the Mack.

and for the 42068 airport rescue scale, does anyone have an idea on the scale for the fire truck compared to the Mack truck ??

1 hour ago, ShowsOn said:

What scale is the Arocs?

Based on chassis width (19 studs) it should be some 1:16.5; chassis is 2500mm wide on real truck. Real truck has conti 385/65r22.5 tires which are 1066mm in diameter and comparing this to 62.4 tires gives scale 1:17...

Just now, I_Igor said:

Based on chassis width (19 studs) it should be some 1:16.5; chassis is 2500mm wide on real truck. Real truck has conti 385/65r22.5 tires which are 1066mm in diameter and comparing this to 62.4 tires gives scale 1:17...

Great thanks :)

Arocs is still my all time favourite Lego set.

Why are so many people asking? Do you not know how to Google search and calculate scales? I don't mean to sound harsh, but there are some questions that you can answer easily.

Just now, Saberwing40k said:

Why are so many people asking? Do you not know how to Google search and calculate scales? I don't mean to sound harsh, but there are some questions that you can answer easily.

:thumbup:

Just now, Saberwing40k said:

Or we can just ask instead.

5 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Xerion would be way too big for the scale, but I can make a recommendation.If you use set 8264, you can get a nice articulated dump truck that should scale with the Mack. You could also consider making a dump trailer of some kind to go with the Mack.

Usually machinery is to wide for ordinary trailer, so they use trailere with max width 3000mm (if I remembered correctly) and in some cases (when transporting big harvesters) that is not enough so people need to dissasrmble wheels to be within permitted width

2 hours ago, sirslayer said:

and for the 42068 airport rescue scale, does anyone have an idea on the scale for the fire truck compared to the Mack truck ??

It is hard to tell because I do not know which real model represents and I can only use seats as scale indicator....1:20-22...something like 42053 set