I think these houses are a great example of what you can do with Lego these days! :sweet: well done! :blush:

On 06/06/2018 at 10:48 AM, Nacho said:

Both excellent quality - well done :)

On 06/06/2018 at 5:17 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Stunning.  Looks fantastic!

On 06/06/2018 at 10:37 PM, Nicky1848 said:

it's awesome. i would pay for the parts list and the instructions 

23 hours ago, snefroe said:

I think these houses are a great example of what you can do with Lego these days! :sweet: well done! :blush:

Thanks very much guys. Pleased you like it. :classic:

And thanks again to everyone else who has commented on my design over the past week.

18 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

My post office and Queen bricktoria have been featured together in an article on the "Archbrick" blog over the weekend. :sweet:

Congratulations! I've known about that blog for a little while now, but I've only started following it until recently. :classic:

WOW!  I love both of these modulars.  Please keep me in the loop when instructions are available.  I would love to BL this.  superb!

On 10/6/2018 at 8:08 PM, Bricked1980 said:

My post office and Queen bricktoria have been featured together in an article on the "Archbrick" blog over the weekend. :sweet:

https://archbrick.com/2018/06/09/brick-square-and-bricktoria/

Congrats for both this article (the blog is really cool and the writer has been good enough to post some of my MOCs, as well as other EBs) and the frontpage! Very much deserved!

3 hours ago, paupadros said:

Congrats for both this article (the blog is really cool and the writer has been good enough to post some of my MOCs, as well as other EBs) and the frontpage! Very much deserved!

I regularly check that blog, too - not least because my last three builds were featured there aswell :excited:

A worthy succesor to the Modulars by Kristel blog, which has been inactive for over a year now, with the exception of a few posts last winter.

(For anyone who doesn't know it, it's here: Modulars by Kristel)

Edited by RogerSmith

On 11/06/2018 at 10:24 AM, MOMAtteo79 said:

compliments!

Thank you! :classic:

On 11/06/2018 at 1:26 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Congratulations! I've known about that blog for a little while now, but I've only started following it until recently. :classic:

Thanks very much @Digger of Bricks I only discovered it myself recently, it's an interesting blog though. Kinda like the Brothers Brick but exclusively for buildings and architecture.

On 11/06/2018 at 5:24 PM, Creation88 said:

WOW!  I love both of these modulars.  Please keep me in the loop when instructions are available.  I would love to BL this.  superb!

Thanks a lot! Will do! 

On 12/06/2018 at 2:40 PM, paupadros said:

Thanks @paupadros I was very pleased and to be honest, very surprised to get the front page feature. :classic:

23 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

I regularly check that blog, too - not least because my last three builds were featured there aswell :excited:

A worthy succesor to the Modulars by Kristel blog, which has been inactive for over a year now, with the exception of a few posts last winter.

(For anyone who doesn't know it, it's here: Modulars by Kristel)

Yes it's good to have a blog that's specifically aimed at Lego buildings. I occasionally check the Modulars by Kristel blog as well. Actually @Kristel made a comment about my Post office back on page one of this thread.

Tell me when you are willing or able to sell the ldd or instructions. I would like to add these to my city

23 hours ago, fireknight said:

Tell me when you are willing or able to sell the ldd or instructions. I would like to add these to my city

Thanks, will do. :classic:

14 hours ago, AlexanderM said:

Absolutely stunning. Excellent work and thanks for sharing :classic:

You're welcome, and thanks a lot for the kind comment. :classic:

Hi everyone,

in my original post I included the picture below showing the Post Office alongside my other 2 modular building MOC's.

40683206530_ef635b7aa1_z_d.jpg

This picture doesn't really give an indication of how big the model is though, because my Queen Bricktoria is bigger than most of the official modulars and the Convenience store on the right is a lot smaller.

So I have created the new image below showing the Post Office positioned between 2 of the official Modulars. As you can see it is more or less the same size as most of the more recent modular releases.

41911291225_8356afe014_k_d.jpg

High res copies of all the pictures are available on my Flickr page. https://www.flickr.com/photos/140122416@N02/albums  :classic:

I love it! Congratulations! I like specially how you create a combination of two different buildings, creating almost like an inverted corner. It reminds me of Assembly Square yes, but yours is a bigger achievement of the same wow factor but on a 32 faceplate! Lovely details too.

Please let me know if you decide to sell your design.

On 6/20/2018 at 3:39 AM, Chiaroscuro said:

I love it! Congratulations! I like specially how you create a combination of two different buildings, creating almost like an inverted corner. It reminds me of Assembly Square yes, but yours is a bigger achievement of the same wow factor but on a 32 faceplate! Lovely details too.

Thanks very much. I wanted to create a kind of 'inverted corner' with this model and setting one building further back from the other was my attempt to emphasise the appearance of them being 2 separate buildings. The whole idea is heavily influenced by assembly square so I'm pleased you think it resembles that in some way. :classic:

So I have created the new image below showing the Post Office positioned between 2 of the official Modulars.

For me, that's the really interesting shot, largely because it by comparison makes the official modulars look oddly ordinary. I've not bothered with Assembly Square yet, and doubt I ever will. But I'd buy this one for sure, if it was in stores.

8 hours ago, craiggrannell said:

For me, that's the really interesting shot, largely because it by comparison makes the official modulars look oddly ordinary. I've not bothered with Assembly Square yet, and doubt I ever will. But I'd buy this one for sure, if it was in stores.

That's very kind of you to say that. Thanks very much. You should definitely get Assembly Square at some point if you get chance though. Think that one is my favorite official modular.:classic:

By the way I have recently added another new moc to the town forum. You can find it here if you're interested.

We need parts list and instructions!!! Beautiful MOC creation! Please get around to them soon we’d love to create these as well!

19 hours ago, miamiguy119 said:

We need parts list and instructions!!! Beautiful MOC creation! Please get around to them soon we’d love to create these as well!

Thanks a lot, pleased you like it. I've been busy with my lego ideas project so haven't had chance to do instructions yet. It's still on my to do list though. 

Great looking buildings (love the "chippy") but it's the little details that catch the eye (I especially like the traditional round postbox!!)

Excellent stuff!!

On 7/1/2018 at 10:38 PM, greg3 said:

Great looking buildings (love the "chippy") but it's the little details that catch the eye (I especially like the traditional round postbox!!)

Excellent stuff!!

Thank you very much. :classic: Glad you like the postbox, couldn't do a post office without a classic British Pillar box. 

I was so impressed with Bricked 1980's design I have recreated it in LDD.

Some parts I was not able to replicate exactly, mainly the area above the post office door.  The rest was quite easy to do.  Also I enhanced the back side of the building a bit. If the front is so beautiful i thought the back should be too :-)

I will give the interior a crack over the weekend.

img_3972.jpg

img_3974.jpg