Didumos69

42083 Bugatti Chiron - MODs and Improvements

Hi :)

@Stewen could you further explain how do you assembled the additional parts on the lower front?

I like this!

Does anybody has more ideas to improve the hood of the Chiron?

Edited by Reeneman
Edit

16 hours ago, Reeneman said:

Hi :)

@Stewen could you further explain how do you assembled the additional parts on the lower front?

I like this!

Does anybody has more ideas to improve the hood of the Chiron?

OK thank you.
I think I owe you that.

500.jpg

An openable hood is your own solution.

600.jpg

Here the mounting on the "A" column and the rotating mirror…

601.jpg

rotating mirror…

602.jpg

openable motor housing

603.jpg

and a magnetic connector was also made on the door ... (a screw - mounted element on the right, and a small magnetic element on the left.

604.jpg

serial number converted to license plate rend

605.jpg

I also picked up this little winged  because the lego factory solution of the same shape just kept dropping.

606.jpg

tilted converted lights…

607.jpg

The solution is to place the wing on the fender

608.jpg

the transfer to the 1x top and 1x front cooler at the connection has been resolved, resulting in this vision.

610.jpg

from top to bottom where everything meets

611.jpg

Finish...

finis.jpg

can be compared...

Edited by Stewen

Trying to put the 42115 sian paddle shifters and suspention into the chiron, since they are just better.

Stay tuned, Snipe

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Niiice! But is the horseshoe supposed to light up on the real car?

Doubt it, but looks pretty funky

On 6/12/2020 at 12:54 PM, Stewen said:

Could you please show on how to attach the panels above the lights and the cooler at the front.

I really like your panels improvement!

17 hours ago, Souryuuu said:

Could you please show on how to attach the panels above the lights and the cooler at the front.

I really like your panels improvement!

with pleasure…

1000.jpg
1001.jpg

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

1009.jpg

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

1012.jpg

1013.jpg

1014.jpg

000001.jpg

1 hour ago, Stewen said:

with pleasure…

1000.jpg
1001.jpg

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

1009.jpg

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

1012.jpg

1013.jpg

1014.jpg

000001.jpg

Thank you very much! But I still don’t get at the top of the cooler, how to attach the Black Slope, Curved 4 x 1 Double 

10 minutes ago, Souryuuu said:

Thank you very much! But I still don’t get at the top of the cooler, how to attach the Black Slope, Curved 4 x 1 Double 

which part? would you circle in the Photo?

Just now, Stewen said:

which part? would you circle in the Photo?

PmyqRRC.jpg
about the double curved on the front cooler part.

I'm very late to this party, but I finally purchased and built the Bugatti, after waiting to see if I'd prefer its successor.  Aside from the lack of stickers (and a couple mechanical improvements which this thread addresses) the only thing I envy about the Lamborghini is the transmission being visible from below.  It seems like a shame to build such a complex mechanism and then have it almost invisible in the final product.

It should be quite feasible to build the bottom frame with a Sian-style window.  I'll take a crack at it as some point, but thought I'd ask if anyone more talented was interested.  Anyway  @jb70, that would be my suggestion for 1.6, if there ever is one.  But I imagine a lot of folks in this thread have moved on to the new hotness.

So I'm a bit late to the party... I don't own set 42083 because I wasn't interested in its color scheme, and also there was "something" about the front & sides that didn't inspire me (I always loved the rear, though).

But I have a ton of red (and black), and so I thought, maybe I can try and tweak the pimped version toward this model here:

Bugatti-Chiron-Sport-03.jpg

Without further ado, here's my result. Of course my adaptations are debatable, but I'm happy with it. :sweet:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Many thanks to the authors of the pimped Chiron, and to many others who posted in this topic and inspired my mods. :sweet:

I was able to put my hand on a Bugatti Chrion brand new for 250 euros and I'm quite happy and very excited to build it.

But I will have to wait Xmas :cry2:

I already bought printed parts from Steindrucker and I'm waiting them.

I knew this set suffers from differents aspects, especially gearbox and front suspension and I found this amazing topic with modification made by the entire team and @jb70 (you did an amazing job dude).

Chiron must be perfect and I'm considering to buy the necessary parts to improve it but I have few questions:

Here I can see the nessecary parts for the improved chiron.

On the left I have 4.8% unique parts and on the right 7.3%. Should I have to buy both listed parts or just one of the two ? (if yes which one, I'm a bit confused)

-I think I'm gonna apply two/three major modification of  @jb70 : front suspension, gearbox, doors and maybye the rear spoiler.

My question is: what is the best way to mix both of the two instruction book (the offical one and  @jb70's one ?°

Thank you so much for your help. Take care and have a good night.

On 11/28/2020 at 11:41 PM, Le_Combattant said:

"- Here I can see the nessecary parts for the improved chiron.

On the left I have 4.8% unique parts and on the right 7.3%. Should I have to buy both listed parts or just one of the two ? (if yes which one, I'm a bit confused)"

The necessary parts are 270, on the right side of the page (7.3% unique).

On "export parts" you can download the complete list of additional parts.

"My question is: what is the best way to mix both of the two instruction book (the offical one and  @jb70's one ?°"

@jb70's instructions replace the originals

Edited by barbanera

On 12/1/2020 at 5:54 PM, barbanera said:

"- Here I can see the nessecary parts for the improved chiron.

On the left I have 4.8% unique parts and on the right 7.3%. Should I have to buy both listed parts or just one of the two ? (if yes which one, I'm a bit confused)"

The necessary parts are 270, on the right side of the page (7.3% unique).

On "export parts" you can download the complete list of additional parts.

"My question is: what is the best way to mix both of the two instruction book (the offical one and  @jb70's one ?°"

@jb70's instructions replace the originals

Yes I'm agree with you but I'm not interested by the  Hand of God (HoG) steering so how I'm supposed to do ?

2 hours ago, Le_Combattant said:

Yes I'm agree with you but I'm not interested by the  Hand of God (HoG) steering so how I'm supposed to do ?

Sorry but I don't understand the point of the matter! is your first lego technic?:sceptic:

Just skip the part of instructions that doesn't interest you, and for that part reproduce the official version without HoG.

(As long as someone doesn't want to republish @jb70's instructions without hog).

Edited by barbanera

20 hours ago, barbanera said:

Sorry but I don't understand the point of the matter! is your first lego technic?:sceptic:

Just skip the part of instructions that doesn't interest you, and for that part reproduce the official version without HoG.

(As long as someone doesn't want to republish @jb70's instructions without hog).

Not it's not my first Technic^^ I have dozen of them.

It will be my first modifiction of an official set.

On 12/6/2020 at 6:06 PM, astyanax said:

I forgot that I had made a video of my red-black version... now uploaded to YouTube :sweet:

(no audio)

Color combination is very nice. 

The rotating support is cool! :pir_laugh2: