Didumos69

42083 Bugatti Chiron - MODs and Improvements

Real car has adjustable ride height.

Also motorization plzzzz.

Just some ideas for v1.6

5 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Also motorization plzzzz.

If you think motorization would fit the pimped up version, you don't get it. This mod is all about getting stock features to work as one would expect and to add extra features on top. Motorization would make this a completely different model. Also, others have done that.

Please stop shouting out wishes that are completely out of context. If you want a motorized Bugatti or a 8-speed gearbox, try building one yourself.

Edited by Didumos69

On 11/19/2019 at 6:21 AM, Didumos69 said:

If you think motorization would fit the pimped up version, you don't get it. This mod is all about getting stock features to work as one would expect and to add extra features on top. Motorization would make this a completely different model. Also, others have done that.

Please stop shouting out wishes that are completely out of context. If you want a motorized Bugatti or a 8-speed gearbox, try building one yourself.

Except I can't just build one of (almost) anything myself due to personal reasons. Motorisation does IS a feature and does not interfere with being able to add other features at all. It can also be built in such a way that there is a manual 'mode' or just a conditional set of steps for the motorisation in the instructions.

Adding a crane arm or an engine that the real car doesn't have would be out of context

Yeah other people have done it and ripped some features out of it to make room which im not doing.

I'm not buying instructions on how to mod it from rebrickable because I've bought enough stuff from there that I thought would help me be able to build things that I want to build  LIKE adjustable suspention for a MOC or as a MOD but it doesn't work that way.

The center differential was hard enough and even then it didn't work until jb70 modified it.

I'm pretty sure jb70 said there was not many ideas for version 1.6.

I said 7 speed ages ago but couldnt figure out how to get it working when I tried to build it. 7 speed is what the real car has

Edited by SNIPE

@SNIPE, you're quite right. Your suggestions the other day felt like shooting with blanks, but it was probably my own mood that was bothering me. So, I'm sorry for my harsh reply.

It's a great thing so many, including you, have contributed to the pimped up version and it's awesome that @jb70 has taken the task of compiling them into freely available instructions.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:50 PM, SNIPE said:

I'm pretty sure jb70 said there was not many ideas for version 1.6.

@SNIPE, that's what I said. 

But I try to combine "only" the best MODs that are available and give additional benefit and usability in the Pimp up my Bugatti project. 

I welcome any ideas this forum brings up, but It's not possible to combine every ideas in ONE MOD. For example I think, adding motorization would be a totally different approach to all the MODs that are included by now.

So far I do not know any concrete solutions for major improvements to release v1.6. But I stay tuned...

Hi, 

Which mod LED and moroized you recommend. Which one is the best. 
I bought a used Lego set. My drivetrain shoots straight and behind. 

He has no idea how to fix it.

I’m building the Pimp up my Bugatti v1.5 (Brilliant old school instructions! I love them!), but I have a question concerning step 32: I can’t find where to put the blue pin and the grey connector with the normal pin hole and the axle pin home. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

11 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

I’m building the Pimp up my Bugatti v1.5 (Brilliant old school instructions! I love them!), but I have a question concerning step 32: I can’t find where to put the blue pin and the grey connector with the normal pin hole and the axle pin home. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

If I understood correctly, You meant step 32 on page 102.

Just connect blue pin and gray connector, and insert pin in black liftarm.

See arrow on screen

bdpEzL.jpg

Edited by ifilin

4 hours ago, ifilin said:

If I understood correctly, You meant step 32 on page 102.

Just connect blue pin and gray connector, and insert pin in black liftarm.

See arrow on screen

bdpEzL.jpg

A big thanks @ifilin! I don’t understand how I missed that! :wacko: Anyway, a big thanks to @jb70 for his “Pimp my ...” series. Brilliant work! I am tempted to take the Bugatti apart again to compare the regular build to the Pimp my Bugatti build ...

Sorry to be a little late at the party. Came across this thread after seeing my children's Chiron completed build and seeing it had serious suspension problems. So I decided to skip the original instructions and start with the pimped up version right away.

First I would like to congratulate everybody who made this instructions possible and especially thank @jb70 for putting time into making a downloadable PDF for this.

I am halfway through the first book to find this:

z1kqKJ.jpg

Looks to me this will be impossible to disassemble :D

Solved it like this:

iTgh0s.jpg

Shouldn't be that hard to disassemble again :D

On 5/21/2019 at 2:19 PM, SamuelYsc said:

Looks like i have been forgot to update the stats of my card here...

Say no more, see photo!

MzYA1Pv.jpg

vtBndKy.jpg

O8xaqod.jpg

iYlSAHo.jpg

rTYq2My.jpg

qP4qjjE.jpg

Aeq3idy.jpg

d5cFF1w.jpg

Full Album here https://imgur.com/a/x8HnYnC

Have you got the file for this as i really want to build it.

I want this from Lego :)

Bugatti%20La%20Voiture%20Noire-rear.jpg

Bugatti%20La%20Voiture%20Noire-front.jpg

Edited by Jim
Removed link to lepin

4 hours ago, kamsohal said:

Have you got the file for this as i really want to build it.

Thanks for being interested in my project but I don't have any instructions for now...
But here is the main post of my Bugatti, you may reference it as much as you want to.
Although I did not update it for a few weeks, but this project is still in process.

This may had been mentioned before, but concerning the suspension for the front axle, it seems that when the wheels turn the top of the spring arm brushes the top of the Bugatti rim. Has anyone been able to fix this or can direct me to what they consider the best front steering AWD suspensions for a 1:8 MOC?

i was thinking the magnet would solve a lot of lego problems, if it is but there is not much choice.
for example Doors, hood closures. :(

it was also missed. (I'll be working on it when the whole thing is done. There will be pictures.)

42083.jpg

on this forum I keep getting messages from moderators that I have a behavioral disorder. i'm so sorry i made the decision i won't share my ideas further because this is not a normal place for me here. i really wanted to give good ideas to improve the chiron but the glass was full and it lags.

I do not show any kind of bad behavior. however, if you have a complaint about me I don’t know just the cause, probably a lot of envious people or sick. i leave this place because here it is just hypocrisy and envious evil people. au revoair.

was full and it lags. and I apologize to everyone.

Nickmann István
Budapest
Hungary

5 hours ago, Stewen said:

on this forum I keep getting messages from moderators that I have a behavioral disorder. i'm so sorry i made the decision i won't share my ideas further because this is not a normal place for me here. i really wanted to give good ideas to improve the chiron but the glass was full and it lags.

I do not show any kind of bad behavior. however, if you have a complaint about me I don’t know just the cause, probably a lot of envious people or sick. i leave this place because here it is just hypocrisy and envious evil people. au revoair.

No mate, we have no issues with you posting pics to your builds. That body panel mod you added to the Chiron, for instance, is a really good idea.

That’s not why your experience has sucked here. You’ve ruined your own experience by having a ree and a sook about how we make fun of you for continually trying to peddle claims that you can’t even support with any modicum of evidence (the Sian WILL be gold, the box WILL NOT look like that, despite all evidence clearly pointing to the contrary) and then using just the worst hyperbole as argument techniques (for example saying everyone can photoshop a picture). I hope you reconsider, because it’s just childish.

Edited by Bartybum