Sign in to follow this  
Permo

[AMS2][MOD] 9398 Dragster (proper dragster)

So there it is, my 'illegal' entry to AMS2, wich is illegal because it uses a rechargeable (LiPo) battery instead of the Lego 6xAA batteryboxes  wich are drained very fast, expensive and bad for the enviroment, so I don't use them, purist rules are ok untill they stop making logical sense and become outings of total OCD only.

800x600.jpg

Eat Dust !

Big enigines need big tailpipes.

800x600.jpg

Pneumatic lifting of the bodywork to acces tech area, it can also ride in this position but it is not recommended. As there is no suspension in the chassis the pneumatic coupling of the bodywork still garantees a smooth ride.

800x600.jpg

A souped up engine needs lots of extra dials and gages and stuff to keep track of all the added systems, no pair-a-dice by the dashboard light but a trofee pair of worn out pistons, behind the steering wheel there is also a siringe mounted to the dash, I still don't know what's in it, but knowing the driver it's probably heroin.

800x600.jpg

Big supercharger added.

800x600.jpg

Extra cooling for the engine

800x1067.jpg

Just like a real dragster it can lock the frontwheels (pneumatic breaks) to do a tire warming burnout in place, with 4L motors driving the rear wheels only doing a burnout, drifting and doughnuts are no problem at all as long there is a flat surface to ride on (no carpet), there is also a magnetic reedswitch wich engages the 6 orange blinking LED's as a warning when the frontwheel lock is engaged.

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

The (pneumatic) break pedal is actaully working, though you would have to push it a 100 times to engage the breaks, in the rear there is a electrical pneumatic pump keeping pressure on the system, but when electricity is down it can still be manually pressured by the breakpedal.

800x600.jpg

It maxes out the testbench in 5 seconds...

So dragsters are highly illegal, don't use standart engines and chassis in general, anything goes as long as it's fast, so I think I did a perfect rendition of a dragified Lego set with this build.

More pics here; https://bricksafe.com/pages/Permo/crazer-

Edited by Permo

Pretty much anything not related to sets is ignored atm.

Nice car, too bad about the batterys. Video?

This thing look mean. My guess for the syringe is Speed :laugh:

How exactly are the front wheel brakes working? I can't see anything brake-like on the wheel hubs.

But i've got to admit that i'm more interested in your test-bench. Does it have it's own topic?

Very nice! You're not just a Technic builder, you're a Technic artist!

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Pretty much anything not related to sets is ignored atm.

Nice car, too bad about the batterys. Video?

Well last year the whole competition got ignored and a price for the winner is also ignored,... so who really cares ?

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Very nice! You're not just a Technic builder, you're a Technic artist!

Comming from you, I feel that's a great compliment to get, thanks !

2 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

This thing look mean. My guess for the syringe is Speed :laugh:

How exactly are the front wheel brakes working? I can't see anything brake-like on the wheel hubs.

But i've got to admit that i'm more interested in your test-bench. Does it have it's own topic?

Yes a intravinous speed injection is probably a wise thing to do before hitting the gas with this puppy, so body and brainfunctions are up to par with the car.

The frontwheel breaks are not on the hubs (as that would not be strong enough working against the power of 4L motors on 12V steroids), but directly on the tire with the 2L rubber connector for good grip. Some details of the meganism;

800x600.jpg

I was really surprised I got it working without colliding with the pretty sharp steering angle this ride has.

About the testbench;

It is  a completely passive system, driven by the car that is on it, a pair of rollers for the rearwheels to sit on drive a pneumatic pump, the pump raises the 'crashbar' in ront of the vehicle, a pair of exhaustfume sution fans are driven also from the bench and there's a manometer reading total system pressure wich maxes out at 50psi.

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Sorry I don't have video as I don't own a camera, the MOC has allready be taken down as I started some new experiments, and I have only 3 sets (2x crawler and a Porsche) so I need those parts...

Edited by Permo