Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-S] Icarus Returning 2.0

Type: Class 6 Ship

One of the things I've been working on is making my ships look nicer, and improving upon my building skills. To this end, I have completely redone my first real vessel, the Icarus Returning. 

42488066231_46609771b4_z.jpgIcarus Returning by North White, on Flickr

I completely redid most of the ship, including the bow. While it still has a built up region for combat, it's much neater, and sleaker.

42488065961_b80bc4b855_z.jpgIcarus Returning by North White, on Flickr

The Stern was completely neatened as well, and I worked to make it match the original scheme of the Queen Anne's Revenge, the ship this is built out of. 

41585461325_84876e5009_z.jpgIcarus Returning by North White, on Flickr

While i'm not entirely happy with the captain's cabin, I still think it looks much better than the original cabin, which was simply the QAR Cabin elevated on top of a section. I also turned the awnings into studsails, which is probably not period accurate. 

41585461345_fefbf96a20_z.jpgIcarus Returning by North White, on Flickr

The Stern keeps the railing of the QAR, bur divides the stained glass window into two cabins, while having my poorly printed nameplate in between. 

28615498738_f73cc41c58_z.jpgIcarus Returning by North White, on Flickr

While the ship is much more playset than accurate ship (Sorry @Bregir :pir-grin:) I've really worked to make the IR more asthetically pleasing, and a more formidable foe on the brick seas. While @Legostone, @Maxim I and others will continue to (and hopefully always will) blow me out of the water with their ships, this represents my best foot forwards. Suggestions and ideas are appreciated :pir-blush:

Original :sick:

Spoiler

She is indeed looking much better, congratulations on the succesful "upgrade"! :classic:

That crane looks off though due to the parts used, and to me the boat on the front side does not work visually. Maybe redo the crane, and find a solution for the boat below the gallery at the stern? Also: dust off some of those parts man! :pir-grin:

It still is a definite improvement over the Mk.I version, and you sure got a lot better since building that one. Now we only need some views of the interior, plus maybe a bit more action on deck. Well done! :thumbup:

Very well done upgrade Mesabi! I am looking forward to these new skills shine even more in new ship builds! Keep up the great work!

Even if I probably wouldn’t like to know where all the skulls come from, this is surely a very nice ship, and surely a great improvement if compared to the previous version! Keep it on!

This is definitely a marked improvement fom the original! I think the slopes and new colour scheme really manages to hide her bulkiness and make look quite smooth. The raised fore and rear castle, strangely, gives a very classic lego pirates look; I like it! And the rear balcony makes much more sense at this lower level!

My only criticism would be the lighting, which, sadly, makes it a bit hard to see her properly.

Well done! Hope to see more ships in the future!