Blondie-Wan

First 2018 LEGO Ideas Review Guessing Game

First 2018 LEGO Ideas Review predictions!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any, of these projects will become sets?

• Embraer A-29 Super Tucano (Smoke Squadron)
    • SR-71A The Final Flight
    • Treehouse
    • Stitch
    • Modular Arcade
    • I am Amelia Earhart
    • LEGO Mystery Science Theater 3000
    • Acclamator Class Assault Ship
    • The Flintstones
    • The Vintage Motorcycle of BMW R60/2
    • none, because I am a pessimistic party-pooper

I went ahead and voted for all four of the four I think likeliest. That’s just to say I think whatever is approved will most likely come from those four, not that I actually think all four of them will (but wouldn’t that be cool if it happened?).

@Blondie-Wan Maybe you could include the pic of the projects because we don't recognize most of the projects by their name :classic:

Edited by Robert8

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

@Blondie-Wan Maybe you could include the pic of the projects because we don't recognize most of the projects by their name :classic:

Done!

Thanks!

I voted for The Flintstones and Stitch

Stitch has a good precedent with Wall-E. And there would be no licensed issues with Disney

Snitch and Flintstones are most likely but I went with Flintstones as I think it has a wider audience. Treehouse, Mystery Science Theater, and Acclamator Class Assault Ship have no chance. 

Voted for The Flintstones. One of my favorites and after what I heard, it would make most people happy and has a lot of possibilities to be approved. I also love the Treehouse and the Arcade but they seem a bit too big... Let's say I'm interested in anything about minifig scale architecture. :wink: 

5 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

none, because I am a pessimistic party-pooper

You're the best! :laugh:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Most likely to pass: Flintstones, motorbike looks nice and not too big, Amelia Earhart has 'PC' appeal, but it doesn't look that great or exciting. Maybe 1 or 2 of those 3.

My votes to to the Treehouse, the Flintstones, and the Vintage BMW Motorcycle as the three projects I feel to be the most likely for approval.

I know many have their doubts regarding the Treehouse, but it's the only project in this review that has no ties to any preexisting line, license, or source material, hence why I think that it may be at least be strongly considered.

Not many have answered the poll yet, but it appears a pretty solid consensus is already emerging that The Flintstones is likeliest from this batch.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:58 PM, LegoModularFan said:

You're the best! :laugh:

Aw, thanks!

I think this review has chances to get more than 1 project approved. 

From the past 2 reviews we have only got one set (The Pop-Up Book), and the review after this one is not looking good at all (0 projects have qualified so far and the closest one is still missing 700 votes)

Apparently I'm a "pessimistic party-pooper" :laugh: 

However if I had to choose one, I'd choose the Flintstones. But I sort of feel like it won't be made. :def_shrug: 

30 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Apparently I'm a "pessimistic party-pooper" :laugh: 

Really? If anything, this review I feel has a better chance for new approvals than the last one, because if it weren't for that Pop-Up Book project...

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think this review has chances to get more than 1 project approved. 

Regarding the yearly quota for approvals, here's some interesting insight from a very recent interview:

New Elementary - LEGO® IDEAS POP-UP BOOK: EXCLUSIVE SAMUEL JOHNSON INTERVIEW 

So you’re saying that this choice was almost a no-brainer.

Samuel: It’s an amazing opportunity for open creativity and storytelling. But regarding the other ones that we rejected, we would definitely have loved to expand the Old Fishing Store into a whole world. But we’ve just launched a product and don’t want to see a new product cannibalising the previous one. We really love it, and we see that the fans really love his style, but unfortunately it was the wrong timing for those ones. That being said, he’s got loads of other buildings, so there’s definitely a chance that maybe we’ll have him return as a fan designer again.

We love the car as well, but unfortunately it clashed with another product that we have coming, without saying too much. I’d personally never heard of the Christmas Story before, but just reading the comments and the online stuff about it, I realised that there’s a massive fan base. Again, it was hard for us to say no - after all, 10,000 people said ‘yeah, I’d buy that.’

You also have to remember that we have limited frames of how many sets we can make. We’re coming up to three this year, by the time Voltron comes out, and we normally do around three or four a year. We can’t push it too far, because that would mean that we’d have to take people from somewhere else - and then cannibalise another team. So there’s loads of constraints that we run with and we hope that we just give everybody the best option for what they chose. So we had an open mind for the other submissions, but the pop-up book is the model that we’ve chosen this time.

I hope the 'Flintstones' gets through, Vintage Motorcycle of BMW R60/2, might also stand a chance as TLG already have a tie in with BMW with 42063 BMW R 1200 GS.

Edited by LucyCol
Spelling

I voted for the Flintstones, too. Yabba dabba doo!

It's getting very very close to becoming an official LEGO set.

A lot of the other ideas are great, but I chose the Flintstones due to how iconic it is.

Edited by Justin

And the results are in! Congrats to everyone who picked The Flintstones, and most especially the Treehouse!

On 5/31/2018 at 1:02 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

Treehouse, Mystery Science Theater, and Acclamator Class Assault Ship have no chance. 

:innocent: Well, never listen to me as for what has no chance.

Thank you Blondie-Wan for starting this fun poll. 

17 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

:innocent: Well, never listen to me as for what has no chance.

Thank you Blondie-Wan for starting this fun poll. 

You’re welcome! And I totally hear you about what has no chance. I was sure they wouldn’t do The Big Bang Theory, for example (and sure they would do the Gingerbread House from a while back).

Time for the next poll!

On 10/4/2018 at 9:13 AM, Blondie-Wan said:

And the results are in! Congrats to everyone who picked The Flintstones, and most especially the Treehouse!

Yes! Perfect picks! :thumbup: :grin:

I do hope the Treehouse retains all of its rustic loveliness and an adequate enough scale comparable to that of the original submission. :wub: