Robert8

Pop-Up Book - LEGO IDEAS

On 8/26/2018 at 9:54 AM, Khscarymovie4 said:

The Grandma minifigure leaked. 

If that's supposed to be a nightgown she wearing, then she really needed the new slope piece recolored in Lilac instead, as plain-old legs don't seem to convey that. :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If that's supposed to be a nightgown she wearing, then she really needed the new slope piece recolored in Lilac instead, as plain-old legs don't seem to convey that. :def_shrug:

Legs werte chosen so she can sit down in the bed, besides it kind of looks like a onesie now.n:P

Ugh I can't find it

Is it a regular minifigure or has a molded head? Or is the dog mold recolored or something? 

Edit: Found it. Im not sure if that's the series 14 wolf mold or the Monsters Fighters one. I think it's the MF werewolf one

Anyway, it looks slightly disturbing, which I think is what it is supposed to be

Edited by Robert8

I like how the wolf has lip stick on and is wearing the grandma's glasses and her torn up night gown.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:01 PM, Robert8 said:

Anyway, it looks slightly disturbing, which I think is what it is supposed to be

Looks like Grandma wasn't just swallowed in one gulp... :distressed:

7 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I like how the wolf has lip stick on and is wearing the grandma's glasses and her torn up night gown.

I didn't even notice the lipstick and glasses until you mentioned it. Nice touch. :thumbup:

I’m just happy we’re starting to get more light pink minifigures, in the past they barely used that colour for legs, hips and arms. 

Does anyone have an idea when this set will be revealed and released?

I'm very curious to see the final version. The original build looks a bit bland to me, but I expect an official designer to pull off something amazing with this stimulating idea!

I really hope other fairytale display settings will be included! That's just part of the premise!

Ok, but if that release date is real, then official pics should be out like.... at any moment now

Oct 26th is just 2 weeks away

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The new rumor is that the two stories that will be included in the book are little red riding hood and jack and the bean stalk 

Hmmm, perhaps that leaked microfigure that was purported to belong to the Pop-Up Book is supposed to be Jack, while a standard minifigure would then stand in for the Giant? :shrug_confused:

So the original included a western scene and a pirates one

I guess those were scrapped

Edited by Robert8

Someone posted the actual set on instagram, the book is Hunter green.

The actual name of the set is once upon a brick. I love the giant minifigure. The little details like the goose and golden egg are amazing 

Ooooh, that Earth Green and Reddish Brown cover... :wub: I also really love how the creators' names are presented as the book's "authors" so to speak. :thumbup: :blush:

Oh, and the Giant isn't that bad as a minifigure either! I see that he has the goose in his breast pocket and a golden egg in a leather pouch on his belt.

And there's the Ideas set I have been waiting for. This is a marvelous set, nice looking minifigures and most importantly a great build. The book is beautiful, and the Red Riding Hood house looks great. I even like the Jack And The Bean Stock build. It's a nice micro scale build and I like it more then I was expecting. Overall I think this is easily the best Ideas set of the year (I like the SIAB, but Tron and Voltron just are not my thing) , exited to add this to my collection.

46 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ooooh, that Earth Green and Reddish Brown cover... :wub: I also really love how the creators' names are presented as the book's "authors" so to speak. :thumbup: :blush:

Oh, and the Giant isn't that bad as a minifigure either! I see that he has the goose in his breast pocket and a golden egg in a leather pouch on his belt.

The set designers name is something I like too. Honestly I was not really expecting Lego to include that, but I am glad they did.

Edited by Khscarymovie4

So this means the grandmother figure and dressed wolf figure are both incluede?  But that yellow hand is a mismatch, isn't it

I know it has been a very possible and also popular character for LEGO. But still wish that the dressed werewolf can be given a more specific design. If that design requires a new mold, I wish it to be in CMF series over Ideas set which usually don't allow new molds.

After "Anderson's book" and "Newt Scamander's magic suitcase" another different and nice set. Good minifigures and the cover of the book looks great. I definitely buy it. 

2 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

I know it has been a very possible and also popular character for LEGO. But still wish that the dressed werewolf can be given a more specific design. If that design requires a new mold, I wish it to be in CMF series over Ideas set which usually don't allow new molds.

Doesn't appear to be a new mold and is a specific design. Looks like CMF 14 Werewolf head mold with different printing specific to this set.