CopMike

Eurobricks Event 2018 - The storys and pictures

Thanks everyone that came for a great time! A special thanks to the organisers of the event - Bonaparte & Holodoc :wub:! And Brickthing for the really cool presentation of Galidor! And all the ones I´d forgotten to mention!

Now let the storys and pictures bonaza begin .............. :grin:!

Hi guys

I came on this trip as a guest and it’s was awesome so I signed up. This was my first Billund visit so thank you all for making me feel welcome. 

Cheers

Were there any notable LEGO employees and/or representatives who attended there, or is that something for another day?

Thank you all for a great weekend ++ :) 

Sorry that I had to go so suddenly, but the race for the au deu toilet was worth it :p 

See you all next time in Windsor :D and maybe Skærbæk before that. 

Thank you all for a great event! Very nice both to see familiar faces again and meeting those attending for the first time.

Great work by the organizers Bonaparte, Holodoc and Jim, and of course CopMike for creating another great event set!

Won't make it to Windsdor, but I'm sure I'll meet some of you in Skærbæk in September.

Thank you so much to Holodoc, Bonaparte and CopMike for organising yet another fantastic event! :wub: 

It was really wonderful to see so many old friends, and to meet so many great new people too - new eventees are always welcome. We expect to be in Windsor for the Event next year, and so hope to see many of you again and to also maybe welcome some more new faces.

I must also say a big thank you to all of you for being so cool with the kids; they've had the most amazing time (as have we!), and some of you (Uncle Mike, Uncle Fangy and Auntie MrsFangy, Auntie Pep, Uncle Lasse) have left a lasting positive impression on them, so big love to you all and everyone else for being so awesome. :wub: 

I have yet to dig through my photos, but they'll be up on flickr sometime soon, and if I have anything good I'll post them here. :grin: 

Dropping in to say a few little things while I gather my photos and take a look for those turning up on facebook.

It was awesome to see everyone returning, there is nothing better than having a beer, building LEGO and shooting the breeze of an evening. All the fun activities are a bonus! It was great to meet new people too and getting people to join the fun that is Eurobricks.

Highlights:

An excited set of twins to talk to. I do need some conversation on my level after all :laugh:

Glinching a Galidor figure while talking to one of the original part sculptors. With added random kids having a cool time playing with weird stuff (Despite their Mum wanting to take them to the washrooms!), it was really cool to see and it was fun to make a good impression on someone. (The Mum cheerfully greeting me the next evening when the kids came to see what cool stuff we were doing this time).

Visiting the LEGO House to explore the roof several times, including messing around on the play equipment. I seriously want to move in there. 

Watching Boney 'deal with' the music while we tried to have a staff meeting.

Scanning a 1x1 brick into the virtual aquarium to make the angriest little fish so far.(Seeing "fish finger" floated around with a goofy grin). 

I should hopefully return with more once I have photos.

18 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Watching Boney 'deal with' the music while we tried to have a staff meeting.

Did Boney ever reconnect the speakers?  :look:

Woo hoo, excellent fun event! It was great catching up with old friends and making new friends. I just got back from holidays in London/Paris and perhaps, feeling a little jet lag now . On top of that, is back for work for me!

I am very pleased to attend my very second Eurobricks Event and I am already looking forward to future events, whenever possible. Special thanks to the core organisers, including Bonaparte, Jim, CopMike and Holodoc for attending. Also greatly appreciate Brickthing and his fellow colleague to organise the eye opening Galidor Workshop (first ever experience for me, never knew such a theme exist) for us. The Speed Champion competition was fun to judge the actual models, likewise for the surprise Unikitty 'challenge'. 

I am equally glad to visit the new LEGO IDEAS House and I must admit that the display in there are incredibly awesome, likewise for the re-visit to LEGOLAND Billund as well. There were so much dialogues and wonderful conversations we had. Likewise, the interactions with fellow staffers are very productive in the staff meeting too. 

Meanwhile, here are the photos which I had managed to upload. These are just some of my quick after thoughts. My wife (Kim/Belun) and myself are very glad to attend and I look forward to more future awesome events like this. 

In the mean time, allow me to indulge you guys with my uploaded photos on my Flickr Album which include the places of interest in Billund. (I am still sorting out those picture with fellow attendees). 

Fangy

To add my share, I still wish to be in Billund. ? Had a great time there, thanks to the great company of familiar faces and some new ones (but familiar online). It was great meeting you in person @WhiteFang.

Special thanks goes to the organizers, @Holodoc, @CopMike and @Bonaparte for making it all possible.

The LEGO House was a great experience. It's worth the visit more than once. 

Since I'm still a bit tired from the long journey (total 3700 km), but mostly from the reality-crash of back at work, I haven't managed yet to organize the few photos I made, but it's on the priority list for this week.

Hi all, 

for me the Eurobricks events really got something special, a thing I really am happy for attending for so many years. 

I am happy to meet new people but always even more happy to see familiar faces. Some of you really are very good friends for me I don’t wanna miss in my life. 

After crazy days of work and  some water in our cellar on Thursday we have a bit to do still so no real access to PC. Hopefully I arrange uploading some pics with the laptop.

1 hour ago, Aredhel said:

and  some water in our cellar on Thursday

That does not sound good! I hope it was not too bad...

Also I have to say that it was a nice event again! I was happy to see all the familiar and super friendly people. I trew together some pictures and uploded them on my flickr. Here is an assortment:

42599846501_deb610b300_c.jpg

41880236184_fa8b98ea16_c.jpg

41880233754_8477118a7c_c.jpg

41700000195_41f52b47af_c.jpg

28726216868_483399652a_c.jpg

28726210758_d3e14faba7_c.jpg

42599817641_470ae64f28_c.jpg

42599815381_974f624376_c.jpg

42599776181_6391eed7a3_c.jpg

On 6/4/2018 at 6:04 PM, WhiteFang said:

In the mean time, allow me to indulge you guys with my uploaded photos on my Flickr Album 

And this is so awesome, as (due to running after children!) I haven't taken nearly so many pictures as I thought, so other people taking a ton of pictures is just wonderful! Thank you for those Fangy! :sweet: 

Here's my hodge-podge of pictures on my flickr

On 01/06/2018 at 3:25 AM, Pandora said:

I must also say a big thank you to all of you for being so cool with the kids; they've had the most amazing time (as have we!), and some of you (Uncle Mike, Uncle Fangy and Auntie MrsFangy, Auntie Pep, Uncle Lasse) have left a lasting positive impression on them, so big love to you all and everyone else for being so awesome. :wub:  

Haha, it was so enjoyable to spend time with the kids especially seeing them growing up so fast since they were toddlers. Mrs Fangy certainly enjoy their company very much and she is missing them too. 

On 05/06/2018 at 3:57 AM, Redhead1982 said:

To add my share, I still wish to be in Billund. ? Had a great time there, thanks to the great company of familiar faces and some new ones (but familiar online). It was great meeting you in person @WhiteFang.

It was great seeing you in real life and certainly wonderful to meet with a fellow EB Reviewer too. 

On 06/06/2018 at 6:27 AM, Pandora said:

And this is so awesome, as (due to running after children!) I haven't taken nearly so many pictures as I thought, so other people taking a ton of pictures is just wonderful! Thank you for those Fangy! :sweet: 

Here's my hodge-podge of pictures on my flickr

Nice photos too! Likewise for @Skalldyr as well. It’s great to see all the photos coming together as it helps to reminise what we had missed among the excitement we had. I will treasure these memories. 

While there are many others who bought the exclusives from LEGO IDEAS House,  especially my wife who opted for these lovely models as souvenirs. She like them very much

One of the available model, is to thank @Pandora for it! The both of us greatly appreciate it. :sweet: 

41814730875_69e54a4e21_o_d.jpg

42665600402_ee4a8a5d6f_o_d.jpg

Wohoo, I completely missed these lovely sets!

Thanks for sharing.

And finally I managed to upload my photos of the event here. There are 5 folders to be browsed.
Some of the best:

27887149157_f8258705c2_z.jpg42756333431_33d9b019e6_z.jpg
Okay, what will it be(e)?                                                                          I'm not going to look at it!

27887143757_781e3d57cd_z.jpg
Unikitty parts galore!

27887146067_bd82cd9699_z.jpg
How to create a four-in-one set! (Or was it five, six...?)

42719513621_e8114540bc_z.jpg
Going all-in! :sweet:

28846007648_ea2bd26c0d_z.jpg27850845127_51690bd918_z.jpg
Wait a second....                                                                                                                                              ... here you go! :laugh:

42001358874_8dbbf0cf7a_z.jpg
perparing for the epic battle

42037844004_59d8a0b42a_z.jpg
Its all about details...

42706093632_17e56d52c5_z.jpg
That's what I call clever parts usage! :wub:

42706029632_abce497591_z.jpg
For the one it's fun, for the other hard work. :wink:

42706021752_0491cc1000_z.jpg40944600440_e90c2e9a82_z.jpg
Did you see that? Part I + II

40944535620_2574c3335b_z.jpg42037665274_2cd11ed1e7_z.jpg
That's all LEGO House: Sports and meditation!

42037674314_b0c1ab53b0_z.jpg42755698741_e8a206a884_z.jpg
Thank you all for those wonderful days!

And finally the (edited :innocent:) group shot:

41069731620_3e3a1734b0_b.jpg

Hahahahaha :grin_wub: your pictures are amazing as usual @Holodoc!!! I love how the energy and Lego spirit is clearly visible in these photos. Thanks for sharing and always beeing there with your camera when crazy stuff happens :thumbup:

Love my meditation photo. :sweet:

Also very good job with the group shot (Great photoshop skills).

1 hour ago, Holodoc said:

Going all-in! :sweet:

@Jim going as fast as Max that day! :laugh:

10 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

Also very good job with the group shot (Great photoshop skills).

Could've sworn we missed Calanon for it, then I looked closer..............