SheldonF

Creator Expert Cars - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

15 hours ago, J4ck said:

Surely these images aren’t allowed on here?

Sorry if I don't understand but why wouldn't these images be allowed. 

12 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Sorry if I don't understand but why wouldn't these images be allowed. 

EB staff don’t appreciate leaks as Lego gets their lawyers involved when any sites start posting them.

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

EB staff don’t appreciate leaks as Lego gets their lawyers involved when any sites start posting them.

Okay I see, I thought those first images came from the LEGO website then we're removed later. So they leaked them? Also thought this other guy actually bought the set so that is okay just happened to get it early. I know I have seen plenty of reviews before sets are widely available. I guess I am just confused about what is okay. 

Edited by Johnny1360
Added some stuff

4 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

Nice mechanism and steering is just some Technic way of doing it!

Yes, exactly! As for me, the best of Model Team spirit comes back. If there was some suspension (I believe it's easy to replace the rear variable ride height assembly with shock absorbers and use some torsion technic for the front A-liftarms) it would beat even some very Technic models.
Also, I still can't believe that the wheels are new. I would bet that they are just the well-known rims with "muscle car-style" inserts, like it was for Ferrari F40. Well done, TLG! :thumbup:  

Edited by Void_S

Have we seen details on the front end (for steering purposes)? I’m curious if it will be HOG, or modable to HOG at least.

the only question remaining is how many I buy!

17 hours ago, BrickWild said:

For those who are curious, here's the rear axle mechanism!:grin:

47080285522_6c96e4b5db_h.jpg

I am afraid that is not a strong design. When the car is raised, the full weight of the rear-end will be acting on a single tooth of the 8t gear (which is connected to the worm gear).

Accidentally putting weight on the car while playing may damage the 8t gear. I hope my assessment is wrong.

Are you sure about that, it looks like to me the weight will be on the 2 L white lift arms, the gears just being the mechanism that flips them over. Being only two positions, one being normal ride height and the other jacked up. 

4 hours ago, iLego said:

I am afraid that is not a strong design. When the car is raised, the full weight of the rear-end will be acting on a single tooth of the 8t gear (which is connected to the worm gear).

Accidentally putting weight on the car while playing may damage the 8t gear. I hope my assessment is wrong. 

If you set 2 L white lift arms in vertical position, then 8t gear is pretty much safe. But if you set 2 L white lift arms horizontally then yes, the weight will be on one tooth of 8t gear.

Sorry to ask this if it's already known but as we're now seeing reviews do we know when this is available in the UK?

Is it 1st March ?

11 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Are you sure about that, it looks like to me the weight will be on the 2 L white lift arms, the gears just being the mechanism that flips them over. Being only two positions, one being normal ride height and the other jacked up. 

I think you are right. And I am happily wrong. And we are going to get a great set :thumbup:

Really glad to see new rims with this set instead of just inserts. Also like the new 2x11 slope and all the rest of the new recolors. I feel the need to own multiple copies now dang nab it. One for each of the models and one just for parts. 

Edited by Johnny1360