SheldonF

Creator Expert Cars - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

The price is ridiculous. Hopefully liscensed sets dont become the norm. Im honestly hoping this set sells badly so that lego doesnt think this is okay. I just want another $100 creator expert car, past couple years have been annoying.

I think the biggest issue is the roof line - at the front doors the roof is one plate too thick, and the sticker on the rear window does not help to get the smooth shape of the real car at all...

and the price, of course!

On 7/20/2018 at 12:37 AM, LegoModularFan said:

Not a big car expert here (as my name indicates it :grin:) but wanted to write my thoughts. That's nicely packed with some great functions, especially considering that it's not a MOC but an official set. However, I wish it was more accurate. Pity about the price too. I still prefer @Skalldyr's minifig scaled DB5 over this one. Damn, this thing has almost every function (shown in this video) the official set has!

Thanks! It was a bit of a challenge to get all the working functions in the car but in the end it was not toooo hard. And yes so I think saying that the Creator Car could not be rounder and more accurate looking because of all the features, as a lot of people say, is a way of thinking that I think is wrong. It would have been totally possible and I plan on buying the car and mod it!

Not really sure what to make of this to be honest. The curvy nature of a DB5 was never going to be easy to replicate in Lego so maybe they did as good a job of it as is possible, but I am a bit disappointed with how this set has turned out.

In my opinion the 007 gadgets and features overpower the set a bit and the end result is a rather clunky shaped car in a dull colour scheme. I think Lego have used the James Bond brand as an excuse to slap an expensive price tag on it as well.

Part of me wishes they'd done the model without any James Bond branding at all. Sure it wouldn't have the fun gadgets and features but we might have ended up with a more affordable model and the designers would have had the option of using different colour schemes too.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Part of me wishes they'd done the model without any James Bond branding at all. Sure it wouldn't have the fun gadgets and features but we might have ended up with a more affordable model and the designers would have had the option of using different colour schemes too.

Agreed, especially regarding the color.

BrickBuilder has the speed build video up.

I have to say, after having seen the video, I'm actually much more positive about the set. First of all, the building process looks super satisfying and interesting. The functions seem really ingenious, and I like how there's many asymmetries because of them. Also, the way the chassis is mostly black with some color, is something I relaly like. Secondly, the car looks bigger than I thought. Especialy longer.

If you forget what it's supposed to look like, it's actually a very cool Lego car (in a very boring color) with some quite interesting functions and details and building techniques. I thank the Bond licence for the cool functions, and for the rest, I think I like the set for what it is, and just disregard what it represents (I'm not into Bond or Aston Martin anyway).

By the way @SheldonF, do you think perhaps that it'd be a good idea now to broaden the title of this topic to one that encompasses both the past and future of the Creator Expert automobile subtheme, just to keep this topic relevant for the following years? For instance, if you should, I'd rename it something along the lines of Creator Expert Cars - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation. :classic:  

On 8/25/2018 at 10:07 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @SheldonF, do you think perhaps that it'd be a good idea now to broaden the title of this topic to one that encompasses both the past and future of the Creator Expert automobile subtheme, just to keep this topic relevant for the following years? For instance, if you should, I'd rename it something along the lines of Creator Expert Cars - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation. :classic:  

By the way @WhiteFang, after having our first look at this year's Creator Expert car, should this topic perhaps be edited for discussion encompassing years before and beyond 2018 for this subtheme of Creator Expert's, as suggested earlier? 

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @WhiteFang, after having our first look at this year's Creator Expert car, should this topic perhaps be edited for discussion encompassing years before and beyond 2018 for this subtheme of Creator Expert's, as suggested earlier? 

Yeah, true.  Maybe already mentioned, but I think an interesting build would be a proper veteran car - a Ford Model A or similar.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Done. Let me know if there is a need to further amend to reflect clarity. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, BrickWild said:

This is not a joke!:grin:

As I've said elsewhere, I'm quite excited for their choice of Earth Blue this time! :thumbup: I mean, they could've made this a '68 Fastback instead, thereby building it predominantly in Earth Green for an official/unofficial Bullitt Mustang; but hey, this is better, as we've already received an Earth Green Creator Expert car with 2014's Mini Cooper. :classic:

A reddit user stated he works as a reseller for Lego and that it is real, and apparently it comes with pieces to mod it (super charger etc). Very early release ( March 2019)

Also wanna note that the wheels are turned... possible steering?

Edited by SheldonF

10 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

A reddit user stated he works as a reseller for Lego and that it is real

Of course it's real, the picture was on Lego's own website for several hours.

Well I never saw that. When was this? I saw the post as soon as it went up but the site didn't have it when I checked. 

2 hours ago, SheldonF said:

Very early release ( March 2019)

Huh, is that unusually early for a Creator Expert car? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, is that unusually early for a Creator Expert car? :shrug_confused:

Well London Bus and Aston Martin both came out end of summer the last two years. I thought they were always releasing one a year

1 hour ago, BrickWild said:

Another image of 10265!

Like the previous image, is this "leak" from Lego too? If not, you might want to remove it for the mean time. :sad: