SheldonF

Creator Expert Cars - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

3 hours ago, Kaanere said:

What specifically are those spy gadgets anyway? Would they really impact the look of the car in a significant way?

EDIT: after researching a bit, some functions (the machine guns, rear shield and ejector seat) seem like they could really affect the shape of the vehicle, so I hope that either TLC cuts down on those or that they manage the way to make them work.

The revolving number plates are an absolute must.

Just a thought mods, but as the 007 licence and Creator Expert Aston is confirmed, maybe merge this thread with the Bond one in Licensed?

Oh I've seen that. 

I thought maybe Lego announced something officially. Given the evidence I'm inclined to believe it but never know, they could throw us on a wild goose chase

Combined with official 007 #licencetobuild stuff from their Twitter feed, I'd say that's confirmed.

Wild goose chase? Not a chance.

Edited by Lucarex

19 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Just a thought mods, but as the 007 licence and Creator Expert Aston is confirmed, maybe merge this thread with the Bond one in Licensed?

Nah, if anything, I'd rather merge the James Bond discussion from the Licensed subforum with this topic.

Lego has just released a new James bond teaser featuring a quote from skyfall. This could be another indication that the car will indeed be a DB5.

A farily interesting piece of news I found: https://kockashop.hu/lego/confidential-expert-3-2018-10262

I Google Translated the description:

LEGO® 10262 - Creator Confidential - Expert 3 2018 price / review
LEGO® 10262 price: 51,740Ft. Confidential - Expert 3 2018! To build love rather than playing and making the elements of a given set more creative, this is your world! From a set you can build up more completely different vehicles or houses, only your imagination is what can limit you.

The second part to me just sounds like the regular description for the Creator Expert theme. At the beginning, it says 51.740ft. That's 156€/181$/138£. That's very steep. And the webpage doesn't seem to have too crazy prices for other vehicles. On par with the London Bus, Mini and Camper Van; cheaper for the Beetle and more expensive for the F40 

London Bus: 37.990ft/115€/133$/101£ 7.1c/piece

Beetle: 24.170ft/73€/85$/64£ 7.7c/piece

F40: 35.190ft/106€/123$/93£ 7.8c/piece

Mini: 26.990ft/91€/106$/80£ 8.4c/piece

Camper Van: 31.990ft/97€/112$/85£ 7.5c/piece

Using a fair 7cents/piece price for larger Creator Expert sets, the DB5 could potentially have 2228 pieces, just like a modular. Again, this is based on a Hungarian webstie's prices, but seeing how true to the standarised price it has been, I believe a part-heavy DB5 is very plausible.

44 minutes ago, paupadros said:

For those doubting it wasn't a DB5:

Awesome, thanks for sharing this. That's confirmed it then. :sweet::thumbup:

3 hours ago, paupadros said:

For those doubting it wasn't a DB5:

That's great to have confirmed, but we all sort of knew that just had to have been the case. :thumbup:

That new image would also seem to confirm the new car will carry both the Creator and James Bond branding. Not 100% sure but I think this is the first time we've had a movie licenced set branded under Creator expert.

52 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

That new image would also seem to confirm the new car will carry both the Creator and James Bond branding. Not 100% sure but I think this is the first time we've had a movie licenced set branded under Creator expert.

Like in most licensed sets, the logos will most likely be on the bottom right hand side of the box, Aston Martin's and James Bond's. Even for the bigger Technic sets (Porshe and Bugatti), the Technic logo is maintained; the same with all the other Speed Champions and Creator Expert sets. I believe the Creator Expert branding is pretty safe as it is, with the other brands as side acts.

A new leak have emerged, showing a plastic card that you probably get when buying the car for some limited time / place (London?) with a photo of the build on.  I think it looks very close to the original. 

The picture can be found on reddit, I'm not sure I can post the image here without getting into troubles :) 

1 hour ago, jpx said:

A new leak have emerged, showing a plastic card that you probably get when buying the car for some limited time / place (London?) with a photo of the build on.  I think it looks very close to the original. 

The picture can be found on reddit, I'm not sure I can post the image here without getting into troubles :) 

It's deleted now. Huh, the comments on Reddit say it's way too square and not sexy. Guess will have to wait for another leak or the press release to see.

You can find it on Instagram. At this price point I would expect something more polished.

if that is the real model, it's really disappointing. after all the teasers, i really hope it's fake (doesn't look like it though).

the first creator expert car i would not buy. 

I guess they focused more on the gadgets than on the look.

I have seen the leaked image but am gonna reserve judgement until the official pics come out. Many times in the past I have looked at leaked pictures of sets and been very disappointed. Downtown Diner was a good example, those early leaks put a lot of people off the model before it had even been released. But then when the official pictures came out my opinion changed completely.

It seems a little boxy in its overall shape, but from what I can see, it's fairly clean and studless on the exterior, which I think makes up for any of its rigid shaping issues. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

I did a DB5 at this scale two years ago. They have done a great job telling from personal experience. The headlight area is well solved. The original has that double curve which in Lego is only trully achievable using this piece, which is just huge and I wish they did a smaller version of it. The grille is okay. Probably the best that can be done in Lego. The issue is that the grille kind of dives forward and then leans back for the bonnet. From the picture the hubcaps look like a flat black piece with a print. I really hope it is a sculpted mould, but maybe for stability issues they haven't. I really like the fact they've put the steering on the right :cry_happy:. Now onto what looks bad: 1. The side of the car. Why is it flat? The car very clearly has a subtle curve, making it narrower on the floor. This is probably caused by the front wheel arches, which block the side to a specific brick. 2. The length. It doesn't feel sporty at least from this image. It feels a bit like a Merc sedan. Looks okay, I'll wait for more images.