SheldonF

Creator Expert Cars - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

1 hour ago, Timoonn said:

It will be a 150$ set

:cry_sad: That does not sound too good: Either a heavily overpriced car (Creator version of Bugatti Chiron?) or some non-car vehicle. Hopfeully you are wrong. :wink:

The set 10262 is listed on Amazon, I guess it's the next Expert car, but something's off with the details they give : the weight and box size don't match the rumoured price, so they're most certainly provisional.

I also think it could very well be a Ford Mustang since we got the 1x1 round tile with the Mustang logo. I would really love to see a classic 60s Mustang! :wub:

8 hours ago, legophisto said:

Either a heavily overpriced car (Creator version of Bugatti Chiron?) or some non-car vehicle.

I feel it may be the latter, and if I were to bet on what that may be in particular, I'm thinking it'll be a trailer-less big rig, perhaps a classic Mack truck.

4 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

I also think it could very well be a Ford Mustang since we got the 1x1 round tile with the Mustang logo. I would really love to see a classic 60s Mustang! :wub:

I've always thought that a classic 1964 hardtop Mustang would be a perfect fit for an Expert set, given that its boxy shape would certainly be easy to replicate in bricks. :classic:

TLG just tweeted out something about an agent, a secret mission and Aston Martin. New line of James Bond sets? Creator Expert Aston Martin DB5?

I hope Creator Expert Aston Martin DB5.

I don't think we will get a Creator Expert Aston Martin DB5. It is much too hard to get the shape right without using illegal or weak connections. I have been working on that car for a while now and boy it's tricky. But I would love to be proven wrong!

Link of the said tweet : 

A DB5 would explain Samuel Johnson's comment about the Jaguar. But it would certainly be grey (I don't see it being metallic silver or pearl light grey). That's... not really exciting. Looking forward to see what they'll do anyway.

Ohhh I hope so. I've been wanting an Aston! A DB5 is more than likely but he also drove a V8 Vantage which also is similar to the Jag. I'd prefer the Vantage but either or!

I am starting to believe we do get a DB5! These new parts from the Creator Expert roller coaster could be extremely useful to create the many curves of the DB5: 37352

Edited by legophisto

There is a bond thread in the licensed forum about it, but yeah they responded. Looks like the db5 is the next car!

Gotta say I'm pretty exited about the idea of an Aston Martin creator expert car. Hopefully we will get the full reveal within the next week or so.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:52 PM, Leewan said:

But it would certainly be grey (I don't see it being metallic silver or pearl light grey). That's... not really exciting. Looking forward to see what they'll do anyway.

Could Sand Blue be a possibility? It's not quite as accurate as the color of the original source material, but it's a rarer color that does have a silvery quality to it. :shrug_oh_well:

Maybe this Aston Martin is not Creator Expert Car, but UCS model, like Tumbler?

2 hours ago, parsom said:

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to? But yeah I could see that being an option.

5 hours ago, parsom said:

Are you more suggesting that it may rather be branded as an Aston Martin and/or James Bond themed set, as opposed to one sitting under the Creator Expert theme?

10 hours ago, parsom said:

I had considered this as well. I think it will depend on how much they decide to push the James Bond influence in the set. If it ends up being a fully licensed James Bond model then I can't imagine it would carry the branding for both James Bond and Creator Expert. Can't think of any other movie licenced sets that have been released under Creator expert.

On the other hand it might just be a model of an Aston Martin with a few spy accessories thrown in as a subtle nod to James Bond, without actually carrying any 007 branding at all. If this were the case then it would fit perfectly as a Creator Expert set.

UCS version would be bigger (and more expensive) than Creator Expert Cars. It would be easier to put some secret spy functions in it. And it would come withe huge sticker and minifigure or minifigures. However, it would not fit the size of VW Camper, Mini Cooper and others.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

On the other hand it might just be a model of an Aston Martin with a few spy accessories thrown in as a subtle nod to James Bond, without actually carrying any 007 branding at all. If this were the case then it would fit perfectly as a Creator Expert set.

Honestly, that's what I'm hoping will end up being the case, though I don't know if they could get away without James Bond branding for an Aston Martin if it were to incorporate even generic looking armaments/gizmos. 

8 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Since the James Bond Twitter account replied to Lego's initial tweet shortly after Aston Martin, I seriously doubt that.

An advertisement flyer popped up with a silhouette of the new car and it looks more like an Aston Martin Vanquish than DB5.