Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] To the armoury!

This is a continuation to captain Genaro's story, which depicts the encounter bringing the two friends together.

Previously: 

Jonah took a turn at the street corner and disappeared, Genaro, on the other hand, remained motionless and speechless, a short moment later,

- What a strange story, our men held hostages at Westface, he said to himself, without this recruiting event, I’d never have believed it. 

His good mood was somewhat affected by this small incident, he turned on his heel and headed for the Royal Armoury of Lavalette.

Located on the vicinity of Lavalette harbor, the Armoury was an two-storey complex, although recently built, it showed already signs of erosion, a common fate to the buildings along the shoreline.

- Bonjour, mon capitaine! At the sight of Genaro, the soldiers guarding the entrance of Armoury stood to attention and saluted.

- At ease. Replied Genaro.

He walked straight into the yard, where the guns were stored.

- Hum, luckily we are well prepared, who knows, maybe we’ll be needing them soon...

dsc00544.jpg

- Hello, Captain G! His thoughts were interrupted by a voice, Genaro took a look over his shoulder, he saw a strange figure approaching, a bearded man in a shabby uniform, his beard was so dense that one could barely see his face.

- To whom do I have the honor of speaking? Genaro turned around and replied with a cold and confusing voice.

dsc00545.jpg

- It’s me. The man answered by taking off his hair-beard piece.

- Contre-amiral Lagaufre, but what happened to you, you look, hum, worn. Asked Anthony. In fact he was quite surprised by the sloppy appearance of Lagaufre, he was acquainted with him during the ball of King’s harbour and he was well shaved and wearing shiny uniform back then.

dsc00546.jpg

- You mean my beard? Nothing surprising, we’re in the tropic, everything grows faster here, my friend. Oh, have you noticed the temperature? So hot! And we are still wearing the same uniform, I’ve already heard complaints from my men, they sure have the right to do so, the poor men are still wearing shako, wool jackets and leather boots. Do you think we should ask for new uniforms, adapted to tropical conditions? Lagaufre said, frowning.

- Certainly, that would be nice. Genaro said, looking at his jacket, then he asked, have you heard the rumours from Fatu Hiva?

- You mean the mysterious creature thingies hidden in the jungle, just superstitions, maybe it’s time to educate the true faith to the natives. Lagaufre said with a grin.

- Certainly, my friend. But I guess you didn’t come here to discuss this with me? Asked Genaro.

- Oh, I forgot, you know new warships are being built at Eltina Shipyards, and we need more guns, that’s why I’m here. I think you aren’t here to meet me neither. Lagaufre replied.

- Westface! I just learned that our men are being held hostages there, I felt a sudden urge to come here to check the inventory, we should be prepared for any eventuality. Genaro said

dsc00550.jpg

- Agreed. Would you give me a minute, I’ll fill the formalities for the guns then we could share a bottle of wine at the local tavern.

Very nice armory, I really like the open structure with the arches and the awnings on top look like they do a good job providing some much needed shade! :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice armory, I really like the open structure with the arches and the awnings on top look like they do a good job providing some much needed shade! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai NRG. I borrowed the arch structure from CG, and the awnings are made from sails of the angry birds set.

Very nice build, Bodi. The canopies are a nice touch, and the courtyard looks worn and unmaintained without being excessively detailed. The architecture is nice, and the use of all the arches is well done, too. 

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, Bodi said:

- It’s me. The man answered by taking off his hair-beard piece.

:pir_laugh2: Sometimes stories are just better with Lego.

9 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Very nice build, Bodi. The canopies are a nice touch, and the courtyard looks worn and unmaintained without being excessively detailed. The architecture is nice, and the use of all the arches is well done, too. 

:pir_laugh2: Sometimes stories are just better with Lego.

Glad you like it! Now I think the weeds in the courtyard are a bit out of place, it's an armoury after all, everything should be arranged in good order.:grin:

I really like this build Bodi - the texturing is excellent and the wooden sections blend perfectly with the masonry.  Like Kai I also really like the openness of the structure. Excellent work!

11 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I really like this build Bodi - the texturing is excellent and the wooden sections blend perfectly with the masonry.  Like Kai I also really like the openness of the structure. Excellent work!

Thank you Ayrlego. The wooden frame looks familiar isn't it? I borrowed it from the little office you built for Eltina.:laugh: