Theres interesting stuff going on here, but I'm not sure all the mechanisms would work without failing in a physical build. The chain used for the steering may be a weak link (pardon the pun), and the top shock absorber mounts should be braced together to prevent them from sliding away from the frame. 

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

It's interesting for sure, but maybe put "Digital Model" in the title, I was hoping for a physical build....

+1 Still a awesome looking model though :thumbup:

Digital or real, still a lot of work. Not everyone can afford the bricks to make their MOCs real. I give a lot of credit for design, not brick ownership :wink:

That being said, let me say good work, and I hope you build it someday. I am a sucker for Red and Black right now, so my vote is BOSS.

9 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

but I'm not sure all the mechanisms would work without failing in a physical build.

I have no way of testing that. As far as I can tell after trying all the different situations and angles in LDD, I'm theoretically 90% sure that it will work.

The chain used for the steering may be a weak link

That may be the case. I don't know the physical strength of the chain. There is a possibility of gears slipping at one connection.

and the top shock absorber mounts should be braced together to prevent them from sliding away from the frame.

I totally forgot about that. But now there isn't enough room to do it.

8 hours ago, Bublehead said:

Not everyone can afford the bricks to make their MOCs real.

That is exactly my situation.

Thank you all for the input.

Edited by pagicence

one question: steering is via links or gears? I also would like to see real MOC

Via links, which can be seen in top view of the chassis.

Edited by pagicence

Eh.. ok, listen:

It is really nice looking model. But you have posted it on Technic forum, where functions are more interesting than looks.

And... your chassis will break down in the first turn on some obstacle. These blue and green connectors are held in place with axle, and they will slip from them, becuase they are not secured from doing so.
I really like that you are creating your own models, but without physical testing, they will only frustrate anyone who will try to build them.

I have downloaded some of your MOCs and made some inspection on them.
They have one thing in common - they will not work.
Fore example; Tatra Phoenix has suspension that will snap and disconnect while driving even on flat surface. Your trailers have same suspension, which is not connected from bottom, and it will cause massive axle wobbling while driving (I am almost sure that they will not be ableeven  to drive, but it depends on how strong is connection between those 3L universal joints). You don't reinforce gears, some of them will just pop off, some will skip. 

All those issues could be easily avoided, but it requires building with physical bricks, not only with didgital. You have great ideas for models, but they can't be build.

Also, use parts with proper colours, I have seen that people on Rebrickable complain about your models being non buildable due to colour issues.

2 hours ago, M_longer said:

Eh.. ok, listen:

It is really nice looking model. But you have posted it on Technic forum, where functions are more interesting than looks.

And... your chassis will break down in the first turn on some obstacle. These blue and green connectors are held in place with axle, and they will slip from them, becuase they are not secured from doing so.
I really like that you are creating your own models, but without physical testing, they will only frustrate anyone who will try to build them.

It wouldn't be too difficult to reinforce the green and blue connectors, but I won't argue about it being better to build the models with physical parts, even if he were just to build the chassis.  Building the models on a computer simply cannot compete with a real life scenario of building bricks, especially in terms of basic trial and error.  Still a great looking model by pagicence though.

19 hours ago, pagicence said:

Via links, which can be seen in top view of the chassis.

39 minutes ago, TmoneyTechnic said:

It wouldn't be too difficult to reinforce the green and blue connectors

Uhm, I'm not sure if that steering will work...

13 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Uhm, I'm not sure if that steering will work...

Neither am I.  I think the steering linkage may rub on the shock absorber at full steering lock, and a linkage moving side to side in that position would barely even steer the wheels, if at all.

Edited by TmoneyTechnic

@ArsMan064 The front grill is influenced by 41999, I didn't want to copy the whole car. I like 41999 because it looks like a ‘68 Charger with its bodylines and grill. I made mine taller and wider (front grill that is) and to look like a ’69 Charger, which is my favorite muscle car.

@M_longer I have no way of physically testing my models. Proper colors bored me. Thank you for taking the time to inspect some of my models. Thank you for the building advices, constructive criticism and for other input (please read my first topic). This way I’m presenting an idea which can always be improve if someone decide to tackle it.

@TmoneyTechnic You are correct. The steering linkage does rub on the shock absorber at full lock. I knew that even before I put those inner shocks, but since the steering angle is close to 50 degrees at full lock, I did it anyway. I made that mistake on purpose.

Edited by pagicence

9 hours ago, pagicence said:

This way I’m presenting an idea which can always be improve if someone decide to tackle it.

I don't want to be harsh, but most of your models can't be improved in easy way, because it would require rebuilding most parts of them. Your models lack of basic Technic building techniques and rules, like using reductions in geartrains, reinforcing movable segments etc.

Basically, you are making static models with Technic feel, with incorrectly made internals.

13 hours ago, pagicence said:

@ArsMan064 The front grill is influenced by 41999, I didn't want to copy the whole car. I like 41999 because it looks like a ‘68 Charger with its bodylines and grill. I made mine taller and wider (front grill that is) and to look like a ’69 Charger, which is my favorite muscle car.

@M_longer I have no way of physically testing my models. Proper colors bored me. Thank you for taking the time to inspect some of my models. Thank you for the building advices, constructive criticism and for other input (please read my first topic). This way I’m presenting an idea which can always be improve if someone decide to tackle it.

@TmoneyTechnic You are correct. The steering linkage does rub on the shock absorber at full lock. I knew that even before I put those inner shocks, but since the steering angle is close to 50 degrees at full lock, I did it anyway. I made that mistake on purpose.

I see.