My latest modular is a 24-wide Victorian building with a Bookstore on the first floor and apartment on the upper floors.

40610174820_ef471e5b69.jpg

Detail of the storefront:

40610174540_3c73033dfc.jpg

Detail of the upper floors:

42418038611_1fd3ddeaff.jpg

Bookstore interior:

42418037231_bda09b05a5.jpg 42418033991_17438205f8.jpg

Upstairs interiors:

41515629565_cbc6efc82b.jpg 41515627535_1404c6f168.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nicely done! I like the detail where the reddish orange bricks meet the tan... very clever to use such simple elements to create architectural detail like that. The roofline also looks sharp, and the overall color palette is really appealing. Post bigger (and more) pictures if you are able!

Great stuff! I like the worn down look due to the different shades of colors used and the subtle details of the facade. The storefront is exceptionally well done as the interior details.

Good shaping, good colouring and especially, amazing storefront. I love first floors which are built solely out of a single colour, to make shapes shine somewhere in the build, instead of colours. Yours in black goes straight to one of my favourites. On the rooftop, the effect created by the "t" Technic pieces is very subtle and pleasing to the eye. The chimenys are always a welcomed touch. I like it very much! :sweet:

Excellent, especially the storefront setup and the window displays.  The 24 width works really well here.  

I love some of the detail.

Baby in the cot and the way you got rounded ends on the books in the book case instead of just using flay plates/tiles.

This looks really good. I really like the front of the book store and the books on display in the windows look very effective. I also like how the shop windows slope inwards towards the front door at an angle. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out how you've done that.

The interior is also very nicely detailed. Really like the babies cot and the tv stand with games console controller. Great work. :classic:

Fantastic modular! I didn't expect to see a modular of this quality when I opened this thread. The storefront is indeed amazing. I just love the color scheme and the rundown look, the small bits of dark red on the first floor and the old grey slopes on the roof add a lot! I see some serious NPU and some neat techniques used! Pretty nice interior as well, I like what you've done for the books. This instantly became my favorite modular from you! :wub:

Great work!

Already saw it on flickr, immediate like! Loved the technique on the storefront back when you first posted it some months back, and the finished building totally lives up to that.

The technique used for the 'rounded book ends' also is simple yet brilliant - took me a few moments to figure out what part you're using...never would've thought of that. Goes to prove that even very old moulds are still viable to provide new uses even today.

I've had an idea to build this exact same building (bookstore with an upstairs apartment), and it's so cool to see someone who beat me to it! It looks great, especially the colored windows on the storefront.

Wow! My favorite part of the building is the bookstore. All black facade with the colored glass looks very stylish, while the interior is just so lively! Adding the guitar player is a great idea! I also like how mixing different colors in the upper part turned out, especially on the roof. That's one technique I haven't got the courage to try just yet, but it really adds up te character combined with all the small details. Another plus is finished upper floors with a sleeping baby, though it makes me wonder where the parents are. :wink:

All-together, it's a really nice build, Eliza!

Excellent build! I like the 24 wide size, the detail on the upper floor and the entrance. The bookshelves with those old handlebar pieces are great to. Good stuff!

Very nice indeed!

I like the colours you've chosen and the shaping of the windows. Is that a technic tubing piece above the window ledge on the lowest floor? I think I have the same piece but not sure what to call it but it's an inspired use!

Well done and a very neat interior too!

This is really nice! I especially love the detailing inside the store! 

On 5/29/2018 at 1:03 PM, Bricked1980 said:

This looks really good. I really like the front of the book store and the books on display in the windows look very effective. I also like how the shop windows slope inwards towards the front door at an angle. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out how you've done that.

The interior is also very nicely detailed. Really like the babies cot and the tv stand with games console controller. Great work. :classic:

Thanks! The angled window is a clear wall piece and a windshield turned sideways. It's actually relatively simple to do. 

On 5/30/2018 at 9:01 AM, RogerSmith said:

Great work!

Already saw it on flickr, immediate like! Loved the technique on the storefront back when you first posted it some months back, and the finished building totally lives up to that.

The technique used for the 'rounded book ends' also is simple yet brilliant - took me a few moments to figure out what part you're using...never would've thought of that. Goes to prove that even very old moulds are still viable to provide new uses even today.

It's always bothered me that books in bookshelves are usually done with flat ends. I've been sitting on that handlebar book technique for a long time. I usually make 16-wide modulars and the size of the bookcase never fit well. Finally did a 24-wide so it HAD to be a bookstore.  :)

On 5/31/2018 at 2:16 AM, BarBee said:

Wow! My favorite part of the building is the bookstore. All black facade with the colored glass looks very stylish, while the interior is just so lively! Adding the guitar player is a great idea! I also like how mixing different colors in the upper part turned out, especially on the roof. That's one technique I haven't got the courage to try just yet, but it really adds up te character combined with all the small details. Another plus is finished upper floors with a sleeping baby, though it makes me wonder where the parents are. :wink:

All-together, it's a really nice build, Eliza!

You should try mixing colors. The truth is I didn't have enough dark gray slopes in my collection to do the entire roof. I was going to have to order more pieces, change colors, or mix something in. I wasn't sure about using the dark tan with the dark gray because the shade is so far off. It didn't really work until the outside lighter gray framing was complete. Now I'm very happy I went with it. 

I made parents, but I forgot to drop them in before taking photos. I guess child services will be showing up soon. :)

On 6/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, snaillad said:

Very nice indeed!

I like the colours you've chosen and the shaping of the windows. Is that a technic tubing piece above the window ledge on the lowest floor? I think I have the same piece but not sure what to call it but it's an inspired use!

Well done and a very neat interior too!

Thanks! Yes, I was very excited to use that piece. Brickset calls it "4652060: Tool Belt - 17M". I wish I had more than one because it's also flexible and I can imagine other uses for it. 

On 6/10/2018 at 1:17 PM, eliza said:

Thanks! The angled window is a clear wall piece and a windshield turned sideways. It's actually relatively simple to do. 

Oh! That is genius. I was puzzled on how you did it as well. Now I see it. I’ve been picturing a building with that those of entrance...was going with the cinema from Town Plan before I saw this. Great work!