After getting an almost complete MTT 7662 set, I started building and as some bricks were missing, I also started modifying. It is a very nice set, with a nice size. It has become a bit obsolete by today's construction standards but it remains impressive. I thus decided to slightly improve it and remove a few other details that were buggering me.

41500641755_5bd6fe74cc_b.jpg
MTT (Multi-Troop Transport) by Veynom, on Flickr

I decided to eradicate apparent studs and make this MTT stud-less. I wanted also to improve the bottom part of the transport as well as the various opening panels.

42353094012_b9940cc77b_b.jpg

Details have been added here and there as a kind of subtle greebling.

42353094142_e51d726d36_b.jpg

The rear upper  side has been rounded and more in line with the source material. The ending result is more massive. The front side also got a new lifting and some colouring alignment.

42353093352_b74fc333e9_c.jpg

The rear side is probably my favourite part. A detailed bumper highlights the model, the opening hatch is more realistic and detailed. Curves have been slightly tiles, smoothed and/or underlines.  

42353093412_6e95554195_c.jpg

Of course, I made sure that all play features were maintained. Everything can be opened as before but when closing the panels, gaps have been minimised. 

41679824794_0cac44d549.jpg

And as a last picture, here is a field picture with my 7662 flanked by the more recent 75058 version.
42353092942_902e5dbb34_b.jpg
MTT in the field by Veynom, on Flickr

I find it pretty as a lorry. :)

It looks great! Nice modding. They look awesome together in the glass like that. 

You can't understate the sleekness of a studless build. Is the old MTT much taller than the new one?

Wow that looks absolutely phenomenal. Will have to try out similar mods to mine.

Absolutely the best Lego MTT and you greatly improved it!