50 minutes ago, MattL600 said:

So cute! Great work

Thanks

In the meantime when waiting for additional parts, cab is finished (need just one piece for chimney)

800x1422.jpg

On 7/17/2017 at 9:27 PM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Also, what happened to the attachment with outriggers? 

This is what happened to outriggers (in development again :wink:)

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

In the meanwhile I have solved problem with too soft tire 68.8 x 24. When I have put one tire  62.4 inside and both on wheel 32004 result looks like this

800x450.jpg

As you can see ow it has some 71mm overall diameter which multiplied by 15 gives 1066mm (real 385/65R22.5 tire). Mentioned tire is very often used on Unimogs, and other trucks like Arocs, M.A,N TGS...but on "classic" trucks (not special like Unimog) more and more are used smaller tires like full rubber tire 315/60R22.5, but that is another story, now I'm stil waiting for some parts to arrive...

Hope this idea could be usable for someone as I continue on building second chassis with 2 studs bigger wheelbase to include proper central differential. :wink:

Ladies and gentleman dear eurobricks users,

after suggestion by @Erik Leppen in his post

and

several month of parallel work on few projects I have stuck on rear tires, so perhaps someone from you could help me. My goal was to make 117mm big rear tractor tire from CLAAS tire, but tire is to narrow, so I'm asking if someone could help me what to do...

Current state and a way of achievement this rear tire is like this (images say more that words)

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

@Jim and @Milan if you find this topic inappropriate, you can block it. I know that there was a topic how to make 94.8 tire taller (an thinner), but I do not know if it would be better to have topics for something like tire ideas etc...

Any kind of help or suggestion is welcome :classic:

Edited by I_Igor

I saw years ago a brickshelf page working with the same concept, the narrow in machinery always will be a problem while Lego still doing their so width wheels.

I found it but many pics are not longer there, a pity... Brickshelf member iipsa.

Edited by jorgeopesi

16 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I saw years ago a brickshelf page working with the same concept, the narrow in machinery always will be a problem while Lego still doing their so width wheels.

I found it but many pics are not longer there, a pity... Brickshelf member iipsa.

that was my previous account :wink:

thanks for your intention. Just one off-topic - if I stick to ordinary tires (107 x 44) then I'll have to make 4000 series with 4 wheel steering, but had to use Unimog 3 studs longer chassis (which will end up with proper - narrow width for scale 1:15)

10 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

that was my previous account :wink:

thanks for your intention. Just one off-topic - if I stick to ordinary tires (107 x 44) then I'll have to make 4000 series with 4 wheel steering, but had to use Unimog 3 studs longer chassis (which will end up with proper - narrow width for scale 1:15)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: :thumbup:

...or i have to pray for 95mm LEGO  tractor tires...

@I_Igor if there are two topics with (very) similar content/techniques, it is better to merge them, just so that our members can easily find all the relevant information.

About the tires, you, Igor, are one of the first guy (and probably most productive) to make all those wonderful mods to the official tires, so I am always happy to see your new ideas for new tires.
I have developed ten or so brick built wheels (not trying to steal you topic, ofc), but I understand those are not very rubbery looking, and not very close to the Claas tire you are after.
This one has diameter of ( by coincidence) exactly 117mm, and it can be built wider or narrower.

IMG_3760.jpg

About your Class tire, you are probably on the right track. How about putting another ring (something thin, like old tracks) around yellow ferris wheel? That way you can achieve more width at the most outer section of the tire.
How tall are the tires right now, after you have added the ferris wheels inside them?

@Milan i have red your solutions, specially usage of 62.4 tire inside 94.8 tire to prevent slip. :thumbup: And your solutions are always more economical than others, like we have lived in same country before (the one that bankrupted every ten years...)

You can merge topics and thanks for compliments Milan :sweet:

Actually I will try to insert another two ferris wheels inside to make it wide enough, or to put something inside those two to make bigger gap between them.

thank you

Edited by I_Igor

21 minutes ago, Milan said:

@I_Igor if there are two topics with (very) similar content/techniques, it is better to merge them, just so that our members can easily find all the relevant information.

About the tires, you, Igor, are one of the first guy (and probably most productive) to make all those wonderful mods to the official tires, so I am always happy to see your new ideas for new tires.
I have developed ten or so brick built wheels (not trying to steal you topic, ofc), but I understand those are not very rubbery looking, and not very close to the Claas tire you are after.
This one has diameter of ( by coincidence) exactly 117mm, and it can be built wider or narrower.

Here is a idea for topics about tires, because we lack tires between 62,4 and 94,3 with proper truck pattern (71mm tire that looks good without deformation but on expensive 32004a / 32003 combo)

your 117mm solution can be wonderfully used on futuristic vehicles, no matter from Avatar movie or from industrial design concept challenge...after all LEGO Technic is also going futuristic with Volvo autonomous loader :wink:

@Milan sorry for missreading your post...CLAAS tire is currently 117.5mm in diameter. When I add adfitional ferris wheels inside, upper surface of tire looks like pagoda roof; it has higher edges :wink:

When I put 3 ferris wheels inside it looks like this from above (but has some 43mm width)

800x450.jpg

currently i'm in this mood 樂

Right, but small belly not beer belly :laugh: 

Edited by I_Igor

Well, it looks like TLC has made very strong tractor tire; today when I look at "my modification" I have noticed that one of the ferris wheel has fractures, so this time I'll wait for TLC to make smaller tractor tires. Maximal diameter that I can achieve is 110-111mm without visual tire deformation, so I'll stick to Fastrac 4220 with both equal tires. Perhaps it would be bettet to have 4ws tractor.... I'll update this topic next week with images of chassis development

In the meantime while waiting for parts  (for Unimog) to arrive i was playing with Fastrac. At the moment it is 1:15 scale Fastrac 4220 due to only one truly tractor tire size availability. Part of front chassis and middle part i finished to some degree. Battery box should be situated below, front axle (and rear) is finished, but now I have to develop steering system for 4 wheels steering...

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

If you have any suggestions, you are wellcome, of course if you do not like something please let me know :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

28 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Nice axle.

Take the steering from Claas.

Thanks, axles were developed few weeks to be stiff enough and to enable as big as possible steering angle. ...and whole width is 21,5 studs (21.5 * 7,9375 * 15 ~~ 2550mm)

I'm afraid that there will be no space due to suspension for steering models like on CLAAS and JCB has 5 steering modes 樂

To recreate a steering with 5 modes is a big challenge, at the moment I like what I see and also seems resistant.

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

To recreate a steering with 5 modes is a big challenge, at the moment I like what I see and also seems resistant.

That was my primary goal - to make it stiff as possible. Of course I'll make some modifications in future, to hide whatever I can, but for the moment I'm looking how to pack both battery box and m-motor with 4 functions in middle part of chassis (the thing that is making me easier is that 4220 does not need central differential for 4 wheel drive like tractors with bigger rear wheels :wink:)

8 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

(the thing that is making me easier is that 4220 does not need central differential for 4 wheel drive like tractors with bigger rear wheels :wink:)

A problem less is always wellcome.

first image is from below, but also I could mixed tires up  

6 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

A problem less is always wellcome.

yes, but my ultimate goal was to make 8330 model, who knows if LEGO makes 95 tires that it could fit my smallest Unimog version (1:18) :wink: Even 1:15 Unimog will be only 3 studs longer and with as you said realistic width - 18 studs with 68.8 tires and frames 5 x 7 to give maximal stiffness to axles and with central differential, but that in another project, this one is just at the beginning, but could result in a small JCB family one day...we'll see

Edited by I_Igor

I did a Fastrac with one HoG steering gear for each axle.  Crude, but eh, simple mechanism :grin: 

Supports 4 basic modes: front steer, rear steer, both axles opposed, both axles aligned (crab).

High play value, but I get no prize for neat technical solution :wink:

Edited by andythenorth

2 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

I did a Fastrac with one HoG steering gear for each axle.  Crude, but eh, simple mechanism :grin: 

Supports 4 basic modes: front steer, rear steer, both axles opposed, both axles aligned (crab).

High play value, but I get no prize for neat technical solution :wink:

Agree :thumbup:, my solution for steering will be ordinary 4 wheel steering. Because of suspension it would be too wobbly to add additional steering modes and real fastrac has this five

• front steering
  • proportional 4 wheel steering
  • delayed 4 wheel steering (when rear axle starts to steer later)
  • true track steering (rear axle steering is steered in angle that on steering rear tires follow the track of front tires)
  • crab steering