Since this year's flagship is (most likely) yellow, I'll continue with yellow MOC...

Propulsion with L-motor and servo for steering...

800x450.jpg

...tire announcement...

800x450.jpg

...with tires...

800x450.jpg

...and boom provisional placement...

800x450.jpg

Credits go to @eric trax for boom inspiration (only integrated m-motor will be used for attachments tilting), to @functionalTechnic whose beautiful JCB Loadall inspired me to start this project, and of course our telehandler lovers @grum64, @Maaboo35 ... and special MOC optimizer @jorgeopesi 

3 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

A lot of functions with just a few pieces impressive :thumbup: .

Thanks buddy, but there will be detailed cab with 3 PF receiver units and hood covering train battery box. Whole width over cab and hood will be 17 studs and over tires ~~ 18 studs to fit front end loader bucket from 8455 set...

This time I can not make all frames like Fastrac chassis, but one extra below battery box and one extra (probably) below cab...

The most challenging (so far) was boom with integrated m-motor. It is a plan to use 3 m-motors overall...

...because I had chassis bending I needed to reinforce chassis. At the end I needed to make one stud bigger wheelbase. Current state of project looks like this...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Sorry for bad photo quality :hmpf_bad:

Any comment is welcome :classic:

Little Christmas update; rear section is starting to take shape where you can see motors placement, battery placement is ready (needs hood to cover up) and boom is at the beginning stage...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Since babysitting my injured cat is over (he is fully recovered and is marking his territory outside which can last very very long...) I had this afternoon time to work in my telehandler. As I like smaller vehicles (what does meant that in future I will not try to make bigger ones) challenge to make smaller fully RC telehandler tempted me to do something, so I work parallel on 2 telehandlers actually. Today I have made some progress von smaller like battery box holder and stiffer chassis, but main reinforcement for chassis will be when I see how to make cab with 3 IR receiver units (and probably connect front yellow bent liftarm to it (and rear section when it will be optimized)...

800x450.jpg

...belly shot...

800x450.jpg

... battery box placed...

800x450.jpg

Not got a lot to add, but having just built Eric Trax's Claas telehandler (with some mods) I'm following this with interest.  It's a lot of functions in a small space, and the central boom really limits the available space.

I plan to redesign boom, but after I finish connecting front end to rear (in the meantime there is 3 x 11 panel just behind battery box), I'll have to solve main problem - cab... cab should be connecting point from front end to rear to make chassis stiffer.

Well, so far I didn't manage to squeeze 3 IR receivers inside small cab. The only way was to put them in bigger cab because I wanted to make cab where you have seat, steering wheel with instruments, seat...result is below

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

(Note that boom is just for dimensions and will be completely reconstructed when cab, battery box cover called hood :laugh: and rear part would be finished)

A little progress this weekend, but still a long way to go (specially when one IR receiver stopped working few days ago :damn:). This (a bit) optimized version should use one servo, one L-motor and 3 medium motors. So far it looks like this

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

@functionalTechnic I have just uploaded some more images. This one has one stud shorter wheelbase than yours. Most likely I'll use fishertechnic tires; found store half an hour from me for some 1.5€ ... And I try to make a room for legs in cab...

Thanks for compliment :sweet:

Edited by I_Igor

It's looking good.  Do you plan to add more bracing to the drive motor?  It looks like the gears are only held together by a pin and axle in tension.  

4 hours ago, pdw said:

It's looking good.  Do you plan to add more bracing to the drive motor?  It looks like the gears are only held together by a pin and axle in tension.  

It is connected with axle joiner perpendicular and with axle with stop, so it is ok (I assume you think about gear 16 tooth to 20 tooth bevel gear)...

Yes - the 16 to 20T.  I am a little surprised, as it seems it relies on friction in that axle and any bend in the axle or lower chassis will allow separation.

I only commented because I struggled with the bracing in a very similar situation after rearranging the servos in my model (see here).  I have to deal with a bit more power from the BuWizz, but I was surprised at what was needed to secure it.

I continue to follow your build with interest :classic:

Thanks @pdw it is impressed how you put two servos inside. Usually I use liftarms for bracing (as you can see on my Fastrac). I'll see if I can make something better for bracing similar to yours, but my model has one stud shorter wheelbase... First I have to find time for building...

@pdw I have reinforced bracing on 16 tooth gear and I think now it is stiff enough. Different solution like yours would require complete front chassis overhaul... Since I have found some half an hour time there is also battery box in place...

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

That looks better.

17 hours ago, I_Igor said:

impressed how you put two servos inside

Thank you.  It actually came together surprisingly easily, except for sorting out that drive line and motor bracing.  The end result looks simple, but those few pieces took me hours!

Tyre clearance is a real issue.  I think the Fischertechnik tyres would be a big improvement, but I can't find how to get them in the UK.

Edited by pdw

2 hours ago, pdw said:

That looks better.

Thank you.  It actually came together surprisingly easily, except for sorting out that drive line and motor bracing.  The end result looks simple, but those few pieces took me hours!

Tyre clearance is a real issue.  I think the Fischertechnik tyres would be a big improvement, but I can't find how to get them in the UK.

I do not know if this is located in UK... https://www.fischertechnikwebshop.com/en-gb/tractor-tyre-d80-106766-en-gb

@pdw as you can see tires have arrived and today I was able to find additional 2 m-motors that I need for boom, so I can plan updating smaller telehandler...

800x450.jpg

Linear actuator for boom rising is in place, but I just need to connect it with gears...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

...and @jorgeopesi please don't look since I use 3rd party tires until LEGO does not make appropriate tractor or some industrial narrow tires with 81mm diameter 

Edited by I_Igor

The tyres look great.  So much more suitable than any of the Lego options.

I've managed to order some from a supplier in Croatia.  I actually ordered a few sets as the shipping was more than the tyres, and I may also get an import duty handling fee.

Your build is looking good.  Interesting positioning of the lift motor.  Are you planning to put both of the other motors in the boom?

3 hours ago, pdw said:

The tyres look great.  So much more suitable than any of the Lego options.

I've managed to order some from a supplier in Croatia.  I actually ordered a few sets as the shipping was more than the tyres, and I may also get an import duty handling fee.

Your build is looking good.  Interesting positioning of the lift motor.  Are you planning to put both of the other motors in the boom?

Glad to hear that you managed to find tires. I plan one m-motor in the boom and one at the rear in vertical placement. These days (except today) I'm brainstorming how to make better boom with 4 studs width. I'll use sliding red 8 tooth gear to transmit rotation to tilt attachments holder...after I do that optimisation process is next... The tires really give good representation and proportions to 527-58 model...

Main idea is to put "tilting" motor somewhere else but top if the boom

33 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I love those tires. @I_Igor this is the perfect application for them. I look forward to the completion of this MOC.

Tires are real blessing and they are actually cheap; at least here...all four for approximately 1.5€. they fit perfectly in my chosen scale for 405/70R24 tires and Loadall 527-58 has those tires as one of two tire options.

It will take some time since last 3 years whenever I got a chance to work on my models something or someone constantly distracts me :ugh: (and simple thing as boom instead of hour or two takes few weeks :wacko:)

...even my Unimog 218, Syn-trac, CLAAS Jaguar... are on standstill.

As I mentioned earlier boom reconstruction is main issue for now.

Hm...boom ended a bit bigger than I thought *huh*

800x450.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

Edited by I_Igor

Little bit of work on rear section is done; m-motors for raising boom, telescopic extracting and attachments tilting are in place. Since my XL-motor is striking I use 2 L-motors; one to power front axle and one to power rear...

800x450.jpg

...gears for boom...

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x1422.jpg

...and telescopic boom in place...

800x450.jpg

This is 23 studs long wheelbase chassis and will feature 94.3 tires to represent this model

rigid-560-80-jcb.jpg