7 minutes ago, efferman said:

Interresting front axle. How much is the Slack in it?

Slack is about the same as on Xerion because it is not suspended. I have some more slack because of gears, but have to test it when cab will be finished (one day).

The main reason for that kind of axle is because I have 20+ old differentials, so I think of making hook loader truck with those differentials.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, efferman said:

Interresting front axle. How much is the Slack in it?

Michael, slack is about 10 degrees (full circle has 360 degrees). I hope this info could help you.

Regards

Just a small update (black connector instead of lbg in cab) and outdoor (better) images ..

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

And after several hours of building Syn-trac progress images...

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

As you can calculate it has 28 studs wheelbase and will use Tatra suspension and all wheel drive. The MOC is based on Unimog tires

Again very special and big thank to @grum64

Edited by I_Igor

Thanks, it is actually Unimog that I have finished months ago, but in sunlight looks better. Hm perhaps I'll make another optimized chassis for it...

Next is a Syn-trac, but I'm also working on 2 telehandlers and I'm a bit brainstorming how to improve Fastrac chassis (of course I'll be making another chassis and leave current assembled until I make acceptable improvement)

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Nice progress on the Syn-Trac Igor. Unimog looks nice as well.

Thanks,

The Day before yesterday I got an idea how to put battery box in lower part of Fastrac chassis, so I'll be also working (from time to time) on second chassis (presented model here will remain assembled so long as it takes to make acceptable compromise even if it costs me to use pneumatics for 3 point hitch).

Syn-trac is slowly progressing and next it will be a challenge how to make precise steering. Chassis is very stiff and axles are a bit dislocated like tatra axles are...

Unimog is old story, but I have idea how to make a bit different chassis for Unimog as well...

When I finish planned development I'll make photos of several equipment together (all are in 1:15 Scale)

Regards

Because I had week with things that I didn't plan in worse dreams, I had to reorganize myself, so I didn't have time for anything... Since my head was full of complications from last week I have decided to work a little bit in second Fastrac chassis and so far I only managed to make battery box placement from below. As you can suppose there will (probably) be not enough space for 4 functions like previous. My idea was to have front and rear pto and pneumatic 3 point hitch at front and rear. Chassis #2 looks like this...

800x450.jpg

...you can see 25 studs wheelbase...

800x450.jpg

... battery box placement...

800x450.jpg

...view from above...

As you can see I did not implement steering racks and wheel hubs because I need another 2 hours to dig up second Xerion that is still u the box...

Any comment is welcome

Edited by I_Igor
My smart-phone auto-correct change bit into but; at least not into butt

All the builds look terrific! I love how you manage to keep everything so compact, functional and elegant.

Do you think using an AAA or rechargeable battery box might afford you the room you need to fit all four functions?

3 hours ago, suffocation said:

All the builds look terrific! I love how you manage to keep everything so compact, functional and elegant.

Do you think using an AAA or rechargeable battery box might afford you the room you need to fit all four functions?

First of all thanks for compliment; I have AAA battery box but it is (to me) very complicate to operate rotation change button on them. Rechargeable one is to expensive for me unfortunately. Because of rotation direction changes I think of using pneumatics instead of LA... I'll see through following week if something usable crosses my mind :wink:

Regards

In the morning I have noticed that CV joints are not as good for this angle, so I'll have to replace them with universal joints during this week...

26 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

are you going to "RC" your model??? that would be cool!!    

Not exactly, but I'll make motorized front and rear pto and make pneumatic front and rear 3 point hitch "pumped" by compressor (I have 3 small pumps and several small pneumatic cylinders) :wink:

Yo, how's the Fastrac coming along? :)

I have been searching the web for some info on ways to keep all four wheels on the ground on articulated tractors. I stumbled upon your Case HI Steiger STX 530. Impressive model!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the stearing linkage/pivot mechanism on the real Steiger or a similar system?

41 minutes ago, zoo said:

Yo, how's the Fastrac coming along? :)

I have been searching the web for some info on ways to keep all four wheels on the ground on articulated tractors. I stumbled upon your Case HI Steiger STX 530. Impressive model!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the stearing linkage/pivot mechanism on the real Steiger or a similar system?

Hi,

STX uses steering powered by hydraulic cylinders each on right and left side as you can see on image

Steiger_Quadtrac_540_0713_MIM-0790.jpg?w

Because there were no linear actuators at the time I have build this model I use gears for this purpose. I suggest you to use 2 small linear actuators and big turntable for rear axle oscillation.

My second Fastrac version is going on as I planned. Right side with 2 main function is finished; one for both pto and one for compressor which will be on left side...rear right mudguard is finished and from tomorrow I plan to work on left side...main thing that I did not decide yet is wether to use medium size (48mm) pneumatic cylinders at rear or small ones like on front. Benefit of new version is better steering simpler functions and less parts used (automatically model is lighter). Cab will be the same (of course more realistic without battery box below drivers megablocks :laugh: ). Good will be more flat and most important I'm waiting for some yellow axles to arrive and have found yellow dishes 6 X 6 which I'll be able to purchase next week, so at about 5th may Fastrac could be finished.

Regards

Edited by I_Igor

19 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Hi,

STX uses steering powered by hydraulic cylinders each on right and left side

Because there were no linear actuators at the time I have build this model I use gears for this purpose. I suggest you to use 2 small linear actuators and big turntable for rear axle oscillation.

My second Fastrac version is going on as I planned.

That picture is taken in a perfect angle to what I wanted, but alas, it is too small for me to see what is going on. :(

I've been looking for a while and come to the conclusion that I might have to search for a IRL sample and take my own pictures. :)

To my understanding, independent movement of the two "axles" (front and rear chassis) on the Steiger is done entirely at the pivot point and both front and rear axles are fixed. Not sure of what other makers of articulated tractors there are on the market today and if all of them use similar systems as the Steiger.

Sounds like you have been busy with your Fastrac! Glad to hear it. I'm very much in the pneumatics camp since, to me, it feels more realistic. Sure, you lose playability but to me it's worth it. Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by zoo

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

@zoo I think your idea is the best way...btw my Fastrac chassis looks like this

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by I_Igor

To do this machine nowadays is more easy thanks to the new big sprockets, it will be a magnificent machine for sure.

1 hour ago, zoo said:

That picture is taken in a perfect angle to what I wanted, but alas, it is too small for me to see what is going on. :(

I've been looking for a while and come to the conclusion that I might have to search for a IRL sample and take my own pictures. :)

To my understanding, independent movement of the two "axles" (front and rear chassis) on the Steiger is done entirely at the pivot point and both front and rear axles are fixed. Not sure of what other makers of articulated tractors there are on the market today and if all of them use similar systems as the Steiger.

Sounds like you have been busy with your Fastrac! Glad to hear it. I'm very much in the pneumatics camp since, to me, it feels more realistic. Sure, you lose playability but to me it's worth it. Keep up the good work! :)

That is best solution IMHO

Fastrac chassis with axles looks like this

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

...and with battery box and gearbox...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

There are also rear  mudguards attached, but did not take photos yet...

Edited by I_Igor

On 4/8/2019 at 3:51 PM, sirslayer said:

are you going to "RC" your model??? that would be cool!!    

I plan to make fully RC combine harvester with front tracks and rear tractor wheels (in the future)

What I have encountered doing the RC harvester , the "grain platform" depending how big it is, is heavy in weight and even in the color black , the looks didn't look right unless in black and yellow...   Yellow technic color in weight is the 3rd lightest and can yeild a 8% to 6% in weight saving if mixed with other colors.  I believe the tracks would endure better and which is better?? , pushing or pulling the platform??  

Edited by sirslayer
spelling

@sirslayer (or should I say Vick :wink:) track would be at the front and it should be green with yellow (John Deere) since I have 42095 set. Inside it would be based on frames because it is lighter and more sturdier combination...it will have 4 functions, but first after Fastrac update I'll have to see how to manage all wheel? Drive, actually to make both drive at tires and tracks...

I'm Victor.. My younger brother is Vic..  and I have a sister named Vicky!!  and im from the Victor Valley, and ect ect.... Yes the green technic color..  that would be in the near future as I only have maybe a smidgeon of green elements ..   .but I just got a boat load of white color elemenets!!  how big is the 42095???  how is that compared to the 42093 in scale??  

29 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

I'm Victor.. My younger brother is Vic..  and I have a sister named Vicky!!  and im from the Victor Valley, and ect ect.... Yes the green technic color..  that would be in the near future as I only have maybe a smidgeon of green elements ..   .but I just got a boat load of white color elemenets!!  how big is the 42095???  how is that compared to the 42093 in scale??  

...but the most important is Vanessa...

About green color I have for about 2 such models posted on brickshelf (it is my old folder...)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=535335

My first intention was to make CLAAS Jaguar when Xerion came out, but I could only think about it later when Liebherr will be available with DBG sprockets...so bunch of white, lime and dark bluish gray parts is useful IMHO...

Tracked racer is some 26 studs long and 15 wide (based on my calculations as result of studying instructions booklet). Unfortunately I do not have Corvette so I can not make photo of both for better comparison.

Regards