@Sjoemie himself Syn-trac can be used in following area on various applications

• it forestry
  • in transports infrastructure
  • in municipal service
  • in  agriculture
  • in civil defense and disaster control applications
  • and in other special applications (from their website)

there are various possibilities, bit I'll probably make machine as standalone vehicle, but for this I will have to make completely new concept of parts arrangements etc...but so far I'm concentrating on Fastrac, despite playing around axles for JCB Loadall 560 last week when I was waiting for parts to arrive.

@sirslayer you made better tire choice than LEGO on 8274 set, because  real harvesters mostly have some 12.5% bigger tires at the front that on rear...

Regards

Just now, Sjoemie himself said:

I checked their website and this is indeed a very versatile machine. Looking forward tot that build but first the JCB ofcourse :wink:

Yes and I have little break now. Hood is nearly finished, but I need some tweaks 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:15 PM, Sjoemie himself said:

Wow, I would never have guessed your next project. What is it and what is it used for?

Great picture, thank you. I think you have captured the look of the JCB very well. It's looking nice and robust,  just like the real thing.

I have some kind like blue print in 1:15 scale, so every part I have tried to make realistic as usual and to make correct proportions (not to mention how much headaches I had with central chassis part

sorry for late response

Finally rear mudguards are finished and with them this project comes to an end, but this is the first Tractor that I'll keep assembled like Unimog (perhaps I'll optimize chassis in future) and I'll be from tomorrow on next project; one specific systems tractor made in Austria by Syn-trac company. Fastrac is finished and there is one special thank to @Jim (who like my wife "convinced" me that JCB can perfectly be done with existing Tractor tires), so this are photos of final step in development:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The whole gallery is here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/igor.ipsa/agriculture/tractors/jcb_fastrac_4220

Special thanks to @jrx who helped me during building process with his constructive feedback :sweet:

Edited by I_Igor

Nice work Igor, it really turned out really well.

Also i'm looking forward to your next project. Will be interesting to see which functions you'll incorporate into that model.

I'm taking a break from my tractor, 42055 finally arrived :grin:

@Sjoemie himself enjoy 42055, it has some interesting building solutions; specially undercarriage.

Next tractor will have independent tatra style suspension, 4 wheel steering (hope to implement 3 steering modes), all wheel drive, 6 cylinders inline engine, 4 pto (2 at rear and two at front) in which half of them will be used to power implements for specific "coupling system", tilting cab below which is battery box situated. Model will be in 1:15 scale based on Unimog tires.

Edited by I_Igor

Very nice Igor. You've put in a lot of time and hard work on this one and it shows. It's turned out really well. Great work my friend.

7 hours ago, grum64 said:

Very nice Igor. You've put in a lot of time and hard work on this one and it shows. It's turned out really well. Great work my friend.

Thank you Clive :sweet: you know that without your help, I'll have to wait another 5-6 month to continue development due to missing blue gears... The only thing that is a problem on Fastrac are rear mudguards because they are not rounded as I wanted...later today I'll continue my previous project...

Kind regards

Looks stunning @I_Igor, you've got the shape & proportions really well. Surely one for the lego ideas and for tagging jcb? 

@hpil actually I made it for myself. It is very difficult to put all the universal joints for front and rear pto and 3 point hitch in order to have decent steering angle and suspension travel. First complain from LEGO management will be why you need 8 additional universal joints / CV joints :wink:

Xerion does not have drive, fake engine...but I'm flattered with your idea :classic:

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Thank you Clive :sweet: you know that without your help, I'll have to wait another 5-6 month to continue development due to missing blue gears... The only thing that is a problem on Fastrac are rear mudguards because they are not rounded as I wanted...later today I'll continue my previous project...

Kind regards

No need for thanks. I was recently the recipient of an extraordinary and completely unexpected gesture of kindness so I did nothing more than pass on the Karma. You did the rest  :wink:

21 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Finally rear mudguards are finished and with them this project comes to an end, but this is the first Tractor that I'll keep assembled like Unimog (perhaps I'll optimize chassis in future) and I'll be from tomorrow on next project; one specific systems tractor made in Austria by Syn-trac company. Fastrac is finished and there is one special thank to @Jim (who like my wife "convinced" me that JCB can perfectly be done with existing Tractor tires), so this are photos of final step in development:

Wow, looks stunning!

That was great advice :laugh: :tongue:

On 2/24/2019 at 4:50 PM, Jim said:

Wow, looks stunning!

That was great advice :laugh: :tongue:

Thanks; hearing that from someone who does not prefer tractors in the first place is great compliment. Honestly it was combination of circumstances and always ultimate machines are only choice, but sometimes we have to stand with both feet on ground and live with compromises and make the best if it and this attempt was actually example for that principle. :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

After few hours of warming up with different axle solutions, i have made small changes from version that I have built last summer; first two photos are from last summer, and the rest is today's...basically the major difference is using this part

14657.png

up and down in center if 5 X 7 frames to keep then together...but first images of "summer" axle version (v.0. 1)

800x1422.jpg

800x1422.jpg

...and version v.0.2

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

I hope that in few weeks there will be nice weather here so I can make some outdoor photos like first version axle, since indoor photos on my mobile phone are not something special.

If someone with more building Tatra axles experience like @Zerobricks or @jorgeopesi has some idea, you are welcome.

Regards

I don´t know... sometimes we use a lot of pieces and we have a hub for the work, did you try to use any?. Try to help when it is not something obvious is hard... when the MOC is good It is difficult to advise because nobody knows better than the builder how he got there in that way... 

Your Yellow tractor came out nice!! Yellow, I consider is a light weight color ..  Your tractor rocks!!!   using lego part 15461 I would recommend on smaller scales models!! 

8 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Your Yellow tractor came out nice!! Yellow, I consider is a light weight color ..  Your tractor rocks!!!   using lego part 15461 I would recommend on smaller scales models!! 

Thanks, when Spring starts I'll be able to make photos outside and then to post it here. In future I plan to make few yellow telehandlers and backhoe, so I'll have some kind of Yellow world :wink:

LEGO part 15461 I use just to connect 5 x 7 frame from inside; if you take a look you will see 2 black pins in the middle on top and bottom of axle...but  there is lot to do to make optimal solution...

10 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I don´t know... sometimes we use a lot of pieces and we have a hub for the work, did you try to use any?. Try to help when it is not something obvious is hard... when the MOC is good It is difficult to advise because nobody knows better than the builder how he got there in that way... 

I'll try to make optimal solution IMHO and then see how it behaves under weight; model will be some 40 studs long and should not be wider than 21 studs...I have 3 different hubs, and I will probably use this one 

11950c01.png

sometimes I look at the pictures and don't read the print.. :grin: Now I understand your steering setup. instead of yellow, it looks like you're going for the gold!! 

Hi @I_Igor,

what a very well build and shaped MOC. Glad that your wife and @Jim convinced you :laugh: Would love to see the FastTrac in action – do you plan to make a little video? For now good luck with the Syn-Trac. Really looking forward the very unusual machine.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, I_Igor said:

thanks to @jrx who helped me during building process with his constructive feedback

I'm feeling flattered :blush: Thx – but it was only so little input compared with your ideas and speed while building,

First of all I'm glad you like it.

I'm not sure If I'll find time to make proper video of Fastrac; I'll be happy to find time when spring comes to make proper photos and clean all (eventual) dust from Fastrac and put it in plastic box. For Syn-Trac I would really need lots of time to make axles work correctly with planned 3 steering modes. After I make chassis, I'll see what to do - one or double pto both at front and rear...

1 hour ago, sirslayer said:

sometimes I look at the pictures and don't read the print.. :grin: Now I understand your steering setup. instead of yellow, it looks like you're going for the gold!! 

I always read posts, but sometimes my comment could be misunderstood. :wink:

with steering setup I'll see what is doable, but on Syn-trac steering modes should be easier to implement because differential is fixed in chassis...

Today my obligations allowed me to spent few hours on Syn-trac project, so I could implement wheel hubs and make proper suspension. Tomorrow I need (something like) fine adjustments to steering system and first axle (which could be both front or rear because it is completely the same) is done. Images are here (width in level of shaft is 21 studs)

800x450.jpg

800x1422.jpg

Sorry for bad photo quality

Little update; axle is finished, but steering system is IMHO very wobbly. When I sort all other parts needed for second axle I will see how it behaves when I connect them to chassis to test steering and suspension under weight... (I have used hubs from Xerion as @jorgeopesi suggested)

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by I_Igor

For several weeks I can not find 4 additional dark bluish gray triangles type II to make rear axle for Syn-trac, so it will have to wait some time to be done...in the mean time I have worked for several hours on other projects and one if them is JCB Loadall 560-80 in 1:15 scale. Since real machine has (among other) 480/80R26 tires with industrial profile, I have decided to make it with Unimog tires. What I plan to feature in this MOC are following:

- all wheel drive

- all wheel steering with 3 steering modes

- fake 4 cylinder engine

- telescopic boom (motorised)

...and some other small features like openable engine hood, rear hook etc...

Currently I have made drive + engine and steering system as you can see on posted images

800x450.jpg

800x1422.jpg

any comments are welcome...